Post FA Mock 1st attempt (Post 9ners/Fins/Eagles trades)

BucsDraftGeek47

Jacksonville Jaguars 2021 NFL Mock Draft

QB Trever Lawrence 

No brainer

New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft

QB Zach Wilson

This is more what I think they will do and not what I think they should do

San Francisco 49ers

QB Trey Lance

No way they don't take a QB with this massive trade up, I feel like it is Lance over Fields

Atlanta Falcons

QB Justin Fields

I have to believe Atlanta wants an heir to Ryan

Cincinnati Bengals

T Penei Sewell

Simple, protect Burrow

Miami Dolphins

TE Kyle Pitts

Brilliant trade down, everyone believes itll be a WR, I think this might be a surprise

Detroit Lions

WR Jamar Chase

Lost Kenny G, need a replacement

Carolina Panthers

CB Patric Surtain

Missed out on the QB run, I dont think they are in on Mac Jones

Denver Broncos

LB Micah Parsons

Also missed out on the big 4 QBs so they take the best Defensive player left

Dallas Cowboys

T Rashawn Slater

Tyron Smith always seems to be hurt, time to get the OLine back to what it used to be

New York Giants

T/G Alijah Vera-Tucker

OLine wasn't what it was supposed to be last year, Vera-Tucker could play anywhere

Philadelphia Eagles

WR Jaylon Waddle

Eagles need a good deep threat to open things up for Hurts

Los Angeles Chargers

CB Caleb Farley

LA let Hayward walk, Farley would be a good replacement

Minnesota Vikings

EDGE Jaelen Philips

Zimmer loves to coach up that D, and Philips has a ton of potential

New England Patriots

EDGE Kwity Paye

Could go Mac Jones here but imo they take the best player left on the board in Paye, 1 more year of Cam, with a stout D to boot (I also believe that the Pats are in on a Jimmy G reunion)

Arizona Cardinals

CB Jacee Horn

Need a Corner with PP leaving town

raidersb_logo.gif

T Christian Darrisaw

Letting alot of the OL go this offseason, need to replenish

dolphinsb_logo.gif

RB Najee Harris

Alabama reunion

redskinsb_logo.gif

LB Zaven Collins

Love this guy, he is going to be a stud, perfect coverage LB that can also rush

bearsb_logo.gif

QB Mac Jones

Dalton understudy

coltsb_logo.gif

WR Devonta Smith

Not going after anyone but Hilton at WR in FA, I think they get Wentz another target, I also think Smith's weight will cause him to drop

titansb_logo.gif

EDGE Gregory Rousseau

No Clowney back so they get another Edge

jetsb_logo.gif          

RB Travis Etienne

Gang green need an RB in the worst way

steelersb_logo.gif

EDGE Azeez Ojulari

Pitt was hoping Najee or Etienne were going to be still on the board, but they get a solid replacement for Dupree

jaguarsb_logo.gif  

S Trevon Morehrig

Nice steal here , ball hawing Safety for the Jags

brownsb_logo.gif

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

LB needy, rumors of Lavonte David coming to town, they go with an athlete at LB here

ravensb_logo.gif

WR Rashod Bateman

Struck out on WRs in FA , get Lamar a another weapon

saintsb_logo.gif

CB Greg Newsome

With Jenkins out and Lattimore getting arrested, here's a guy that can compete with the big WRs of the NFC South

packersb_logo.gif

C Landon Dickerson

Linsley chose to leave, so they take the best Center available

billsb_logo.gif

DT Christian Barmore

Buffalo had  hard time defending the run, Barmore is pretty stout

chiefsb_logo.gif

T Jaylen Mayfield

Still need OL help 

Bucsb_logo.gif

EDGE Carlos Basham

Edge or OL here, Basham can play 34 DE or 34 OLB

Lets here the criticism boys

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

im still not convinced ATL is going to go QB, since they are basically committed to Matt Ryan for another year after restructuring him yet again (would represent 40m in dead cap if they moved on from him before the 2022 season, and heck, would be 15m in dead money before 2023, though that might be a realistic exit point).

then again, if they weren't going QB, they might have been in on some of these trades too lol. so with that i think the Fields pick there is ok.

but i'd be baffled if the Pats didnt take Mac Jones at 15

otherwise i think this looks good

Edited by Turnobili

Honestly at this point it would be really dumb for the Falcons to take a QB early in this draft when you just restructured Ryan again meaning you kicked that 40 mil down the road again until 2023.  That means you are locked into Ryan and have chosen him to be your QB for the next 3 years minimum.  That means you get 1 year of Justin Fields in 2024 to show if he is worthy of giving a monster contract to to keep before he hits FA.   So 1 good year of a young inexpensive QB before shelling out a fortune on his next contract and putting right back into cap hell for our next QB.     The only reason to ever really take a QB that early is because it allows you to have a very low contract QB to build a team around him for the next 5 years.   With the Falcons keeping ryan till 2023 with back loading all his money this year you lose every bit of what makes the young QB so enticing.     The Smart move would be to draft a young QB the year before you are going to move on from Ryan which would be the 2023 draft let him sit behind that 1 year and then you have 4 more years of a cheap contract young QB with upside and are not stuck with Ryans contract you can move on from at that point.

If the Falcons don't trade down from 4 this year and let some team overpay for #4 to get their QB they need way way more than we do since we have a very good QB in Ryan already then we have made a major mistake and i will have serious doubts about TF going forward.    If he planned on taking a QB this draft then you ABOSLUTELY DO NOOOOOOTTTTTTT  restructure Ryans contract this offseason that was the worst thing you could have done if you had planned on doing that.

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Honestly at this point it would be really dumb for the Falcons to take a QB early in this draft when you just restructured Ryan again meaning you kicked that 40 mil down the road again until 2023.  That means you are locked into Ryan and have chosen him to be your QB for the next 3 years minimum.  That means you get 1 year of Justin Fields in 2024 to show if he is worthy of giving a monster contract to to keep before he hits FA.   So 1 good year of a young inexpensive QB before shelling out a fortune on his next contract and putting right back into cap hell for our next QB.     The only reason to ever really take a QB that early is because it allows you to have a very low contract QB to build a team around him for the next 5 years.   With the Falcons keeping ryan till 2023 with back loading all his money this year you lose every bit of what makes the young QB so enticing.     The Smart move would be to draft a young QB the year before you are going to move on from Ryan which would be the 2023 draft let him sit behind that 1 year and then you have 4 more years of a cheap contract young QB with upside and are not stuck with Ryans contract you can move on from at that point.

If the Falcons don't trade down from 4 this year and let some team overpay for #4 to get their QB they need way way more than we do since we have a very good QB in Ryan already then we have made a major mistake and i will have serious doubts about TF going forward.    If he planned on taking a QB this draft then you ABOSLUTELY DO NOOOOOOTTTTTTT  restructure Ryans contract this offseason that was the worst thing you could have done if you had planned on doing that.

They could always trade Matt Ryan to the Bears following Justin Fields rookie year. 

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

They could always trade Matt Ryan to the Bears following Justin Fields rookie year. 

Not after the restructure you can't the dead money and cap hit would be terrible to eat even through a trade you are still stuck with all the guaranteed money even through a trade.  They don't just take on the entire contract when you trade someone as said if you planned on taking a QB this year then you do not restructure Ryans contract this offseason.  By doing so you screw yourself over for the next 3 years.  The front office by restructuring Ryan chose Ryan as their QB which honestly was the smart thing to do.  He is still a top 5 to 7 QB in the nfl when not under Koetter as OC and i personally wouldn't want a QB other than Ryan right now anyways for the next few years until Ryan proves he can't be a top tier QB anymore in this league.