Jump to content

Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF


Recommended Posts

Has anything leaked out in regards to who the Jets like between Wilson and Fields?

I wonder if the Niners know they're getting one over the other or whether they just really like both of them enough that they don't care what happens at 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Simms and McShay are gonna be right, it's gonna be Mac Jones lol. I like him, but not in this position. 

If it is Mac Jones, it will be the worst pick in the draft. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

They didn't tank anything. Market drives price. The 9ers got 2 second round picks for Alex Smith with Kaep in the fold. If you rehab Jimmy's value with a good season, which is highly likely, they're going to get a real return for him. But I anticipate him staying this year. 

He was a starting QB an hour ago and now he's being replaced. Of course his value has been tanked. The 49ers told everyone what they think of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yin-Yang said:

It’s just a test. One day your pain will be cashed in with a Lombardi........that is won by the re-branded Texans that relocated years prior.

Eh, fate knows to save me from such pain...

b6dca7858ae133e56ad696e5a3f5cd22.gif

Fate tortures me, it doesn't kill me...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SBLIII said:

Plus Jimmy makes 51 million over the next 2 years. I don't think we can and won't commit to that money. Saying it right now, Jimmy won't play in NE in 2021

That's the other reason if you're the niners you keep him through this year. You rehab his value, next year's hit is not a real thing because he likely goes with an extension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Has anything leaked out in regards to who the Jets like between Wilson and Fields?

I wonder if the Niners know they're getting one over the other or whether they just really like both of them enough that they don't care what happens at 2. 

It's been rumored Wilson, but nothing definitive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

He was a starting QB an hour ago and now he's being replaced. Of course his value has been tanked. The 49ers told everyone what they think of him.

I don't think he's likely to be replaced this year. Next year, yes. Again..this in a vacuum doesn't tank value. The market drives the value. Just because the 9ers don't want him doesn't mean other teams don't. 

Adoree Jackson just got cut making 10 million a season and somehow came away making more. He wasn't worth 10 for the titans, but was worth 13 for the Giants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, winitall said:
41 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Id rather have the 2021 3rd overall than the 2021 12th, 2022 32nd and 2023 32nd picks

I think you’re not considering the fact that the Dolphins don’t need a QB. They were never going to take one. So at pick 3 they were always going to end up taking the top WR on their board (or Pitts). So really, the Dolphins are choosing an extra 2 1st round picks and a 3rd in exchange for taking someone like Waddle or a defender rather than Chase. When you consider that, it’s tremendous value for the Dolphins. 

I was just making a joke that this trade would make the 9ers immediately tremendously successful 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

And that's the reason nobody will give a first for Jimmy. People learn from mistakes.

I honestly don't think that's the last time we'll see a trade like that go down. Seems like a nutty trade for a QB in that talent bracket happens every once in a while. Or they get a nutty contract. Like the Palmer/Raiders deal, the Mike Glennon Bears contract, then the Bradford trade. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I honestly don't think that's the last time we'll see a trade like that go down. Seems like a nutty trade for a QB in that talent bracket happens every once in a while. Or they get a nutty contract. Like the Palmer/Raiders deal, the Mike Glennon Bears contract, then the Bradford trade. 

*Shrug*

I guess we'll see. You're right, I just don't see it right now. Market is funky when it comes to QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think he's likely to be replaced this year. Next year, yes. Again..this in a vacuum doesn't tank value. The market drives the value. Just because the 9ers don't want him doesn't mean other teams don't. 

The Niners gave up on him with no succession plan in place, the Niners have up on him not knowing who is going to be there at 3. We'll have to agree to disagree man, no way does this not impact his value. Teams know SF will take what they can get and he's most likely been available for a trade anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...