Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I like it. It's plausible.

Does this also suggest Miami weren't getting any calls from anyone under SF, or is it just that SF gave them the best return with next year 1st etc? 

I think it was the best return. That's a lot of future capital 

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Probably should go back in time & tell everyone else this leading up to the 2018 draft. 

The consensus made it seem like it was gonna be impossible for Rosen to be a bust. Starting to see the same with Fields now.

I think there are plenty of people who don't think fields will succeed. I am bullish on SF as a landing spot for him, but I've mentioned earlier that I wouldn't be as high if he landed elsewhere

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

It is more than possible that Atlanta will be content with LT Jake Matthews.  Cinci just acquired LT Riley Reiff and have Jonah Williams behind him so they might not be in the LT market either.  Thus, Chris Grier may have the easiest choice of his life at #6:  the very same phenom he might have taken at #3 to cover one of his team's most glaring needs.

So, let me see if I've got this right:  Miami could use one of the copious--so numerous that we're still counting them--picks it received from trading away Laremy Tunsil to upgrade to the generational LT Penei Sewell.

Hmm...nice work if you can get it.

Reiff is playing right tackle and neither he on a one-year deal nor Jonah Williams should stop Cincy from taking a franchise left tackle.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Riley Reiff and Jonah Williams aren't stopping them from taking an elite LT prospect lol. Reiff is on a one year deal (with position flexibility) and Jonah can move off LT to RT or inside. After what happened to Burrow last year I'd imagine it's likely a lock.

Bingo. They could go Pitts or Chase if they want to give Burrow more weapons but OL seems most likely.

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

You say that like it's not the norm? Can you have more than one winning year in 7? This seems like witchcraft

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Washington, Vegas/Oakland, both New York teams, Detroit, and Chicago all have just one winning season in the last 7 years, too.

Edited by Blue

On 3/27/2021 at 1:10 AM, .Buzz said:

Neither of those 1sts were this year and Goff has a large price tag attached to him (while being someone McVay wanted nothing to do with which says enough).

Sorry, but no. That doesn't add up to me. Even if you think it does I'll take the rookie on a cheap deal over a 30+ year old with a big $ contract/what I know about Stafford  from the outside looking in.

Which just illustrates how much fans get infatuated with rookies. And we don't know Stafford in this situation - I think he will be near MVP level and that's always better than a complete unknown. And even if it doesn't add up to you, it's just a fact that the Niners were interested in Stafford before the Rams traded for him.

I think it was a good move by the Niners for the future, but it likely takes them out of the NFCW hunt for the next year or two.

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Reiff is playing right tackle and neither he on a one-year deal nor Jonah Williams should stop Cincy from taking a franchise left tackle.

Not if you, .Buzz or I were running things in Cinci, certainly!

However, the Bengals do have some gaping holes to fill and this wouldn't be the first time a brain trust exhibited a blind spot for a recently drafted (11th in 2019) blindsider.

Don't get me started on some of the mocks I've seen today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

It is more than possible that Atlanta will be content with LT Jake Matthews.  Cinci just acquired LT Riley Reiff and have Jonah Williams behind him so they might not be in the LT market either.  Thus, Chris Grier may have the easiest choice of his life at #6:  the very same phenom he might have taken at #3 to cover one of his team's most glaring needs.

I think it's far more likely that Atlanta goes with either Kyle Pitts or Kwity Paye at 4, but I think they're angling for a trade-down as well.  Are they willing to strike a deal with say Carolina?  I think they can make a deal with Denver, but I think their preference would be not to move down as far.  The 1 year deal Reiff signed isn't going to keep the Bengals from drafting Penei Sewell.  Only Mike Brown can do that.  They're choice is pretty obvious: Sewell or Chase.  It should be Sewell, but I wouldn't put it past Brown to select Chase instead.  As for Miami, if they wanted Sewell they would have stayed at 3 and guaranteed they would have taken him.  Instead, they moved back up to 6 to likely select one of DeVonta Smith, JaMarr Chase, or Kyle Pitts.

2 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

So, let me see if I've got this right:  Miami could use one of the copious--so numerous that we're still counting them--picks it received from trading away Laremy Tunsil to upgrade to the generational LT Penei Sewell.

I get you're a probably a Dolphins fan, but I think you're either vastly overrating Sewell or vastly underrating Tunsil here.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's far more likely that Atlanta goes with either Kyle Pitts or Kwity Paye at 4, but I think they're angling for a trade-down as well.  Are they willing to strike a deal with say Carolina?  I think they can make a deal with Denver, but I think their preference would be not to move down as far.  The 1 year deal Reiff signed isn't going to keep the Bengals from drafting Penei Sewell.  Only Mike Brown can do that.  They're choice is pretty obvious: Sewell or Chase.  It should be Sewell, but I wouldn't put it past Brown to select Chase instead.  As for Miami, if they wanted Sewell they would have stayed at 3 and guaranteed they would have taken him.  Instead, they moved back up to 6 to likely select one of DeVonta Smith, JaMarr Chase, or Kyle Pitts.

One thing I wouldn't rule out with Atlanta is a *big* trade down, or multiple trade downs. If they are stuck at 4, I think the pick is Pitts.

Atlanta just really needs defensive help, and unfortunately for them, this is not the draft to need  that and have an early pick. So I could totally see them make a trade way down, or make a trade down with say Denver and then again with someone like Chicago or something. If I'm Atlanta, I'm really angling to get into that 15-20 range

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

One thing I wouldn't rule out with Atlanta is a *big* trade down, or multiple trade downs. If they are stuck at 4, I think the pick is Pitts.

Agreed. They could be in a good spot if sone team wants the 4th QB and wants to get ahead of Carolina, Denver

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Atlanta just really needs defensive help, and unfortunately for them, this is not the draft to need  that and have an early pick. So I could totally see them make a trade way down, or make a trade down with say Denver and then again with someone like Chicago or something. If I'm Atlanta, I'm really angling to get into that 15-20 range

Agreed.....or the grab the next QB for post Ryan era??