Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

It was a different day from Ohio State’s Pro Day. Them going there to look at the 16 Kentucky prospects holding their Pro Day there did nothing to interfere with the scouting of Bosa. It’s not the same, at all.

Agree to disagree. 

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If SF is moving up to 1.3 at that price - they won't need a Pro Day to make their decision.   They've already made it, barring injury or off-field incidents.   

Anyone who thinks their visits now are that important are buying into lying season.   You don't pay that price unless you're already convinced.     The odds books making Jones the favorite - I'll probably sprinkle a little $ on both Fields & Lance, and cover myself either way, if this is a smokescreen.

This team is simultaneously great at smokescreening yet tipping their hand. I have no idea what to expect and there's a month of this to go smh 

Edited by 49ersfan

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

The hot dog doesn't look like much based on appearance, but turns out to be a kobe beef hot dog and better than the top sirloin steak that was prepaid for.

Precisely.  That plain melon could turn out to be a dansuke.  And, hey, what is more American than Viennese sausage in an Austrian bun with sauerkraut, French mustard, and sweet India relish (made from English cucumbers)?

San Francisco has made it clear it wants a QB who is in the top three--not now but on Thursday, April 29th.  They aren't mentioning names (but likely anticipate[d] it to be Fields). 

We saw the tumult among QBs at this time in 2018.  Is it inconceivable that PFF's #1 rated college QB in 2020, who also happens to be the most coachable pivot available, could slip into the top three before Draft Day?

"We didn't change  our minds.  We just didn't make up  our minds as early as some think."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just don't see Mac as a fit for that offense that Shanahan runs. He's very statuesque, so those bootlegs and rollouts don't scream him to me...but then again, this is the NFL Draft and I'm wrong a lot.

Exactly.

I feel like there are multiple Mac Joneseseses that come out every year.  Doesn't seem worth it to move up for him. At least not for the price they paid.

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Burrow was lobbying for Chase.  If he wasn't, I'd be a bit concerned.  Sewell is the logical choice, Chase is the heart choice.  IF the Bengals are truly about making sure Joe Burrow succeeds, I don't see how picking Chase over Sewell is the answer.

Depends on if you think you can move up for an OT from the early 2nd.

If Mac Jones is the guy you better hope he is not Trubisky with the 5 star talent around him. 1 year of film at a school that produces championships and yet not 1 qb to stick as a starter at the next level is risky. This is definitely weeks if not months of preparation to give up all this draft capital to settle for the 3rd qb in the draft class. Cant miss on it or they will be searching for a good realtor 

42 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Why would the 49ers, with the #3 overall pick, need to smokescreen?

Why not? Why give other teams below them an idea on what they are going to do? It can't hurt the 9ers. Why give people more info to set up their own plans?

The niners brass loves to just mess with people. When it became obvious that the Cardinals were taking Kyler, why did they still take Q Williams out for dinner and all that good jazz? They told Nick Bosa they were taking him at the combine lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The niners brass loves to just mess with people. When it became obvious that the Cardinals were taking Kyler, why did they still take Q Williams out for dinner and all that good jazz? They told Nick Bosa they were taking him at the combine lol 

You could read them going to Jones pro day as they're set on him. You can also read it as they're set on Fields/Lance & want to give Jones one last chance to change their mind. 

31 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If Mac Jones is the guy you better hope he is not Trubisky with the 5 star talent around him. 1 year of film at a school that produces championships and yet not 1 qb to stick as a starter at the next level is risky. This is definitely weeks if not months of preparation to give up all this draft capital to settle for the 3rd qb in the draft class. Cant miss on it or they will be searching for a good realtor 

You could say the exact same thing about Fields so....