Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fields is having a second throwing day before the draft that Shanny is going to which is why they are going to Bama's. Right now, this is a lot of fun...not going to lie though, it's going to be tedious after a month. Sometimes I hate being a niner fan LOL  

Enjoy the ride.  Enjoy the part of drafting 3rd overall with a far better roster than those in like company.

Enjoy that you can both cheer for whoever the pick is and,  if necessary in enough years, strongly criticize those who made the pick if it is a failure.

Just now, squire12 said:

Enjoy the ride.  Enjoy the part of drafting 3rd overall with a far better roster than those in like company.

Enjoy that you can both cheer for whoever the pick is and,  if necessary in enough years, strongly criticize those who made the pick if it is a failure.

The hard part is when we draft the guy I want and then he doesn't work out....really hard for me to deal with that when I don't get success and don't get to criticize lol 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The hard part is when we draft the guy I want and then he doesn't work out....really hard for me to deal with that when I don't get success and don't get to criticize lol 

You have far less info and access to players.  As an armchair GM and "talent evaluator", the best you can do is form an opinion on a player with like 10% of the info / access that teams have.  

Even with the vast surplus of info, nfl teams still miss in round 1 at a very high rate

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You have far less info and access to players.  As an armchair GM and "talent evaluator", the best you can do is form an opinion on a player with like 10% of the info / access that teams have.  

Even with the vast surplus of info, nfl teams still miss in round 1 at a very high rate

@Forge I’m not sure whether or not to believe him without a chart. Scum tell.

Squire

@Malfatron we got him!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Why would the 49ers, with the #3 overall pick, need to smokescreen?

Because there's still 1 team ahead of them.    Maybe the Jets are locked in - or maybe another team loves 1 of the QB's not named Wilson enough to move up to 2.     It's not like we haven't see it happen before for a huge offer to come in for the 1.2 spot.   

Maybe SF is sold on Jones.   Or maybe they just want to discourage anyone from trying to move up to 1.2 by thinking they don't need to go that high if they want Lance/Fields.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

As far as the trade, I'm not super high on any of the QB's outside of Lawrence, and they obviously aren't getting Lawrence at #3 overall. I really like Chase from LSU. Trading this much for a WR seems crazy, but Chase is a beast, if they go that route.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

As far as the trade, I'm not super high on any of the QB's outside of Lawrence, and they obviously aren't getting Lawrence at #3 overall. I really like Chase from LSU. Trading this much for a WR seems crazy, but Chase is a beast, if they go that route.

They already stated there drafting a QB.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Isn't this kind of an odd trade this far from the draft? I don't mind the trade in general, but the draft is like a month from now. Don't these type of trades normally happen closer to the draft or am I misremembering things?

Jets trading up for #3 happened well in advance.  Washington trading up for Rg3. Both were earlier than these trades. IT has to be the right scenario because the picks have to be locked in for the most part, or the team moving up has to have so many people rated nearly identical. Not common, but not unprecedented. 

In this case, it's almost a lock that it's TL and Wilson, so why not go get your guy now before someone has the chance to make a better (or more appealing offer) and get it out from under you? My guess is that the niners already have their choice in mind (my personal guess is fields / lance, but we shall see)  

Well, if they're taking a QB, which I'm assuming they will, I'm fine with whoever they draft. I'm reading all this stuff about X QB shouldn't be picked this high, etc... all that stuff is nonsense.

Kyle Shanahan is a QB guru. If the guy likes someone (whoever it is), I'm fairly confident in the pick he makes.

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, if they're taking a QB, which I'm assuming they will, I'm fine with whoever they draft. I'm reading all this stuff about X QB shouldn't be picked this high, etc... all that stuff is nonsense.

Kyle Shanahan is a QB guru. If the guy likes someone (whoever it is), I'm fairly confident in the pick he makes.

Counterpoint: C.J. Beathard

• Like 1