Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Its definitely possible that JOnes is the pick, and make no mistake, if he is, he's going to be somewhat successful. Environment and situation matter and I don't know that any rookie QB will go into a better one then he will at SF which will immediately make him worthwhile just about. But jesus you're leaving so much on the table. You're going from 4th best qb in the division to....4th best in the division. And you're not likely going to get better than that until one of the others leaves. You're passing on the gusy that have the upside to be a top 3-5 QB in the nfl for that guy who will basically just allow you to play QB from the sideline. It would say soooooooooooo much to me about Kyle, to be frank. It would be just such a weird, weird move. I mean, I would have rather tried to salvage Darnold for a 3rd. Go get Cousins for a couple of firsts. You could have had Stafford for this amount. There was that brief moment where carr was talked about as being available for 2 firsts. All of them are known quantities and would have cost less than what we gave up to go to #3. 

You're worried that kyle might just be choosing a QB he can live vicariously through from the sideline? A robot that will print his schematics without a word, essentially? 

It would say a lot for sure, if that's the case. I can't believe he'll pick Jones - someone who's highlight reel is a clean pocket with open receivers all game.

16 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Elite leader...? The dudes college head coach calls him John McEnroe with his short temper and what he does when facing adversity 😂 

As if Saban has the right to point fingers...he's got a temper of his own. 

And who's to say it isn't a trade up for Wilson?! I know, not probable, but it is possible that the Jets could pass on a QB. And they do have connections and history with the Jet coaches, obviously. If that did happen, the 9ers could (and likely would) take Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

That should have read "Quarterback Coach/OC (Sark)", not head coach. 

And who's to say it isn't a trade up for Wilson?!

It absolutely COULD be.

I know, not probable, but it is possible that the Jets could pass on a QB. And they do have connections and history with the Jet coaches, obviously. If that did happen, the 9ers could (and likely would) take Wilson. 

I'm an avid Wilson hater tbh. The dude has 1 year of good production against a bunch of awful defenses, in a COVID year without fans, and previously 2 years of decent production. I don't get the hype tbh. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

That should have read "Quarterback Coach/OC (Sark)", not head coach. 

It absolutely COULD be.

I'm an avid Wilson hater tbh. The dude has 1 year of good production against a bunch of awful defenses, in a COVID year without fans, and previously 2 years of decent production. I don't get the hype tbh. 

To each their own. I'm the wrong person to ask if you are looking for someone to convince you. All I will say is that I think Wilson is the perfect QB for Shanahan's plan. Why? It's actually quite simple: BYU has elements of Shanny's O integrated into their system and it's probably more so than any other college program. 

I get the concern about having only one dynamite year. He did however flash some potential in previous seasons. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

And who's to say it isn't a trade up for Wilson?! I know, not probable, but it is possible that the Jets could pass on a QB. And they do have connections and history with the Jet coaches, obviously. If that did happen, the 9ers could (and likely would) take Wilson. 

Hard to see the Jets pass on Wilson at this point what are the other options ? Only other pick I could see is Penei Sewell. Anything other than that would be crazy.

It seems interesting to me that the people picking Lance are mostly the ones who are analysing Shanny's comments in his press conference, noting that the Shanny offense only won superbowls with "complete package" type players like Elway & Young, came up short with pocket passers like Ryan & Jimmy G, the dynamics of the trade, whether Shanny has learned from mistakes like passing on Mahomes & Watson, losing notable games to mobile QB's (SB loss to KC, loss to BUF)

And the people picking Jones are mostly ones claiming inside info on what they're hearing around the league. Schefter, King, Maiocco, Jeremiah, Dan Patrick, Michael Lombardi etc are saying they're hearing what sources think will happen, or essentially reporting on what the league gossip is. Are these sources guessing? Are niner scouts leaking info or just having casual conversations getting leaked? And do niner scouts even know who they're picking? Would not surprise me if ONLY Shanny & Lynch know. 

And then you don't hear anything about Justin Fields at all...

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Ima tell you why Jets wont pass on a QB

Douglas has a connection with Philly, Saleh with SF.

Both teams essentially made a 3 way deal with Miami who went from 3 to 6 to still get their guy. 

If the Jets weren't taking a QB they would have easily made that move with the 2 most connected front offices we have in the league besides Baltimore and Indianapolis. 

San Francisco knows who we're picking and they moved up because they have their guy in mind and will go get him. Whether its Jones, Fields or Lance who knows at this point but they do. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

It seems interesting to me that the people picking Lance are mostly the ones who are analysing Shanny's comments in his press conference, noting that the Shanny offense only won superbowls with "complete package" type players like Elway & Young, came up short with pocket passers like Ryan & Jimmy G, the dynamics of the trade, whether Shanny has learned from mistakes like passing on Mahomes & Watson, losing notable games to mobile QB's (SB loss to KC, loss to BUF)

And the people picking Jones are mostly ones claiming inside info on what they're hearing around the league. Schefter, King, Maiocco, Jeremiah, Dan Patrick, Michael Lombardi etc are saying they're hearing what sources think will happen, or essentially reporting on what the league gossip is. Are these sources guessing? Are niner scouts leaking info or just having casual conversations getting leaked? And do niner scouts even know who they're picking? Would not surprise me if ONLY Shanny & Lynch know. 

And then you don't hear anything about Justin Fields at all...

My theory is that the 49ers, at 12, were considering Jones.  And people knew it.  Even people who didn't know it, probably assumed it right?  

Then when it seemed like they might have to move up to secure him, they were like, well screw it, if it's gonna cost multiple 1's to get a guy, let's go get one of the top guys.  

I could see that being how this story jumps off.  I think Shanahan is thinking, "Yeah, we like Jones--at 12.  We aren't at 12, we're at 3..."

• Like 1

I’m thinking Fields and Shanahan tries to replicate what he had with RG3. Side note I’m seeing Fields 200/1 for MVP and that’s very interesting.

I won’t believe Mac Jones goes first round until it actually happens. No one is looking for immobile QBs anymore. So unless it’s to a regressive organization like Detroit I don’t see it.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

You're worried that kyle might just be choosing a QB he can live vicariously through from the sideline? A robot that will print his schematics without a word, essentially? 

It would say a lot for sure, if that's the case. I can't believe he'll pick Jones - someone who's highlight reel is a clean pocket with open receivers all game.

If Fields played for Bama would you rate him lower because he had a clean pocket and open WRs?

2 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

If Fields played for Bama would you rate him lower because he had a clean pocket and open WRs?

It'd probably come up, but he's not physically limited like Jones either. Given he's under duress nearly twice as much and still does what he does, it makes you wonder what fields in a heavy rpo based system with good protection would do