Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I won't. It would be a dumb selection to me, but I also believe that no matter who it is, they are going to be somewhat successful with shanny. I didn't like mahomes as a prospect, so I'm willing to acknowledge the chance that I'm wrong on my evaluation too lol.

Jones will be okay though.  I don't think he's going to be good, but he'll be fine. There will be some nominal success under a rookie contract structure.  Jimmy g made a super bowl. 

Plus, I get to have a whole lot of fun with that selection in terms of commentary, especially on Twitter with all the people that lose their minds 

Change that avatar to Mac Jones 

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Change that avatar to Mac Jones 

That's coming. 

18 hours ago, GW21 said:

I see your avi is now Lance. Have you swung over to Lance from Fields? 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Nope, I will have them all at some point. I'm an equal opportunity Avi supporter. Even Mac will get in here...but itll probably be this picture: 

Alabama quarterback Mac Jones charged with DUI - News - Tuscaloosa News -  Tuscaloosa, AL

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

I won't. It would be a dumb selection to me, but I also believe that no matter who it is, they are going to be somewhat successful with shanny. I didn't like mahomes as a prospect, so I'm willing to acknowledge the chance that I'm wrong on my evaluation too lol.

Jones will be okay though.  I don't think he's going to be good, but he'll be fine. There will be some nominal success under a rookie contract structure.  Jimmy g made a super bowl. 

Plus, I get to have a whole lot of fun with that selection in terms of commentary, especially on Twitter with all the people that lose their minds (there are some people that are truly insufferable and just refuse to acknowledge the possibility of things they don't want to happen). There's almost always entertainment to be found

Fair play to you. I'm already nervous with my team having the 15th pick. I'd be peeping through fingers as a 9er fan

• Like 1

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/17/panthers-love-justin-fields-like-mac-jones/

Jourdan Rodrigue has been covering the Rams this season for the Athletic but we can assume she’s still as plugged-in for Carolina as any beat reporter. Speaking with Nora Princiotti on The Ringer’s new NFL podcast, Rodrigue said she knows the Panthers “love” Justin Fields and “like” Mac Jones.

Narrative earlier this week - Panthers loved Jones, from Mike Tannebaum

Narrative now - Panthers loved Fields, from Jordan Rodrigue.

I really can't take another 3 weeks of this 

50 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/17/panthers-love-justin-fields-like-mac-jones/

Narrative earlier this week - Panthers loved Jones, from Mike Tannebaum

Narrative now - Panthers loved Fields, from Jordan Rodrigue.

I really can't take another 3 weeks of this 

TBH i wish the niners didnt trade up till draft day. Just for my mental health, im tired of this offseason already.

• Like 5

Peter King said the team still hasn’t decided who they want at 3 yet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/11/20-qb-decisions-nfl-draft-fmia-peter-king/

10. HUGE WEEK FOR NINERS. Much was made of the Niners trading up to number three in the draft, and favoring Alabama’s Mac Jones with that third overall pick. I’ve been told the team has not made a decision who to take—I’m still guessing Jones—and the next eight days will be crucial in fact-finding. Coach Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch will be at second Pro Days for both Justin Fields in Columbus (Wednesday) and Trey Lance in North Dakota (next Monday).

Every year, there’s a wide variety of opinions on QB prospects. But the Mac Jones analysis is particularly wide-ranging. He’s not big for the position, at 6-2 ½ and 217 pounds, and he has neither a power arm nor great mobility. But those who love him really love him. He’s exceptionally smart and accurate (77.4 percent at Alabama in 2020), and, per Dane Brugler of The Athletic, accurate downfield too—58 percent on throws traveling 20 yards or more downfield, with 17 touchdowns and two interceptions. Jones waited his turn after Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa, then might have outplayed both of them in leading the NCAA in accuracy and passing yards (4,500) last year. As one coach who is studying quarterbacks this postseason told me: “His footwork is perfect, his decision-making is excellent, and even though he doesn’t have the strongest arm, it’s crazy how many deep balls he threw at Alabama that were right on the money.”

So we’ll see. Jones isn’t the athlete of the others in the class, but he does have traits any coach would like.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/11/20-qb-decisions-nfl-draft-fmia-peter-king/

Jones is who I want. Like, you posted, he has some great traits. Also, he is more mobile than people think. He ran a 4.68 in the 40. That's faster than Brees, Rodgers, Smith, Big Ben, Mahomes, and Allen. And we know all those guys keep plays alive.

58 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Jones is who I want. Like, you posted, he has some great traits. Also, he is more mobile than people think. He ran a 4.68 in the 40. That's faster than Brees, Rodgers, Smith, Big Ben, Mahomes, and Allen. And we know all those guys keep plays alive.

You can have him..

16 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

You can have him..

Thank you. I would take him for our 9ers and be very happy with him. I might be almost as happy with Fields...if he can get rid of that tendency to take sacks. Too Jimmy G-esque, there. 

Lance? Too raw. Concerned about that throwing motion.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, Xenos said:

I'd really hope that if my team gave up all that to move up to #3 in the draft, they did so with a plan. They had their guy picked out and were damn sure about him. Because you are betting everything on this pick. The last thing I'd want to hear is they're 8 days away from having to make a decision and they still don't know what they're going to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

The last thing I'd want to hear is they're 8 days away from having to make a decision and they still don't know what they're going to do.

Only justification, if true, is that they love two or more guys so much that they’re ecstatic to have any of them. Even then, with that much of a mortgage, you’d think they’d be sure by now...

I think it’s more likely that Kyle/Lynch aren’t telling anyone who they actually want, but do have an idea of who it is at this point. 

• Like 1