Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

17 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

He was on a niners podcast a week or so ago and his reasoning was horrible. He stated the niners traded up to get their next Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, or Jimmy G. I mean, thats insane?? Even if you like Mac Jones, you're not hoping he's Schaub or Jimmy G. You're hoping for Matt Ryan or Drew Brees.

Yea the guy is a joke and I honestly do not know how he was able to get this gig by telling people his opinion on the situation. He was let go for a reason as GM so his guesses as to what the Niners are going to do is based on a failing method he has concocted in his head. You want a franchise qb and I am sorry but schaub and jimmy g are not franchise material guys they could be respectable qbs but in no way franchise. Your giving up 3 1st rd rd picks you want a HOF qb for that cost.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

interesting thought, i wonder if it would have cost less to trade for Ryan (who was an MVP with Shanny)

idk if anyone has brought it up , probably since this thing is 65 pages deep 😂

It's one of the reasons why I will never understand the selection of Jones if it happens  Ryan was a little critical of shanny after he left, not sure what their relationship is, but you probably could have cousins at a very cheap cost given the contract. We know the cost on Stafford. The word was carr could have been had at two and we know what darnold cost (who apparently the niners were in on).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

You must have missed the entire point too

maybe use a better analogy.

You stated there was no reason to not be happy with either $20, $30 or $40 as if SF didn't spend 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick to be able to make the selection of a singular envelope that might contain 1 of the values.

Seems  like the draft pick investment would indicate that getting the best return would be more optimal vs getting something for free.  

Unless you consider the draft picks used to move up to 3 were free?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

maybe use a better analogy.

You stated there was no reason to not be happy with either $20, $30 or $40 as if SF didn't spend 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick to be able to make the selection of a singular envelope that might contain 1 of the values.

Seems  like the draft pick investment would indicate that getting the best return would be more optimal vs getting something for free.  

Unless you consider the draft picks used to move up to 3 were free?

I think that you are conflating two different things here. 

Remember, my point this entire time has been that they don't care about overpaying for their guy. The cost is 100% inconsequential. Your point to me was how can they be overpaying for "their guy" if they have multiple guys that they are happy with (to use Yin Yang's phrasing). I was merely showing how you can be "happy with" multiple options while still having a preference in them and why liking multiple guys doesn't mean that you aren't going after "your guy". 

I'm very hungry. I have $10. I can pay $10 and have a choice of an apple, banana or orange all of which I'm happy with. Or I can let two other people choose and pick whatever is left over for $8. Now, I'm happy with any of them, so it could make sense to just wait, or I could just pay the little bit more, get to look into them some more and make the choice myself. Maybe I have a preference for one of them but am happy with any of them. Who knows, I may develop a true preference if I don't have one already. Being the one who gets to make the decision between all the options may be enough to justify the increased price for some. Remember, the niners inquired about picks 4, 5 and 6 as well. So clearly this was something that they were bouncing around with before deciding to just go for it all. 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This isn't even death by overanalysis... this is flat out genocide by overanalysis. 

Here's the crazy thing...don't think for one second that it doesn't have a real chance to be legit. When Shanny went to Atlanta, he had to rework how Ryan conducted playactions. Seriously. 

I don't think it means anything with regards to who they are picking or anything, but I don't doubt for a second that, 

A) Shanny could have a preference on which foot is back

B) Beck would know this preference 

C) Beck would incorporate that preference and train it into Fields while auditioning for Shanny 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here's the crazy thing...don't think for one second that it doesn't have a real chance to be legit.

Oh absolutely - but instead of trying to crack the code at this level, I'm going to sit back and wait for Santa to leave my QB under the tree.

• Like 1