Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

3 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Only to them.

And the outside world they paid the price for a number one overall pick if they don't get number one overall production people it will be bashed. 

Then the stafford trade was a premium price. I think I'll watch more NFC west games this year than broncos games lmao.

I know this is off topic of the thread but it's division related it's gonna be fun to see who's approach works out best between the niners trade and the rams. 

Matt stafford is far closer to Aaron Rodgers than jake plummer but it's the closest comp I could think of of comparing QBs who go from losing to winning cultures later in their career and plummer could win in Denver. But at some point it wasn't if but when Plummer always would revert back to arizona cardinals plummer it was so wild to see. He fit that system beautifully but it something wasn't working right and the team needed more out of him he just couldn't give it . Stafford has been in a losing culture so long it's impossible to think it doesn't effect him and run off on him some way. We're talking like 12 years of losing.

35 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I know this is off topic of the thread but it's division related it's gonna be fun to see who's approach works out best between the niners trade and the rams. 

Matt stafford is far closer to Aaron Rodgers than jake plummer but it's the closest comp I could think of of comparing QBs who go from losing to winning cultures later in their career and plummer could win in Denver. But at some point it wasn't if but when Plummer always would revert back to arizona cardinals plummer it was so wild to see. He fit that system beautifully but it something wasn't working right and the team needed more out of him he just couldn't give it . Stafford has been in a losing culture so long it's impossible to think it doesn't effect him and run off on him some way. We're talking like 12 years of losing.

Interesting to see indeed.

You can take the dog out of the fight, but can't take the fight out of the dog

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Interesting to see indeed.

You can take the dog out of the fight, but can't take the fight out of the dog

I hate the Jake plummer comp but it hasn't happened often maybe Palmer to Arizona which we saw what happened in the nfc championship game.

On 4/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, thebestever6 said:

I hate the Jake plummer comp but it hasn't happened often maybe Palmer to Arizona which we saw what happened in the nfc championship game.

Divisional round, too, honestly. The Cardinals had the most complete roster in football and Larry Fitzgerald carried the team at the end of the game. Palmer was terrible in the playoffs but had a really strong supporting cast.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, thebestever6 said:

To be fair to Palmer, wasn’t he also playing with an injured right finger in that game?

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Are they doing similar setups for Mac or Fields? If not, I'd say it's pretty much locked that Lance is going to be the pick.

I imagine that Lance will ace the workout...

John Beck worked with Lance & Fields. The Niners basically ran Fields 2nd pro day and will essentially run Lance's 2nd pro day tomorrow. Fields also switched his mechanics a bit (right foot forward instead of back) for his 2nd pro day. For reference, Matt Ryan also switched to right foot forward when he played under Shanny. I'm sure Lance will make a similar mechanical tweak tomorrow, if he didn't already

FTR, John Beck didn't work with Mac Jones, nor did Jones make the mechanical tweak at his pro day.

My initial thought when the trade happened was Lance 50%, Fields 40%, Jones 10% and i'm sticking to it. 

Lance compares the most to Josh Allen, right? Shanny is on record stating he wished Allen entered the '17 draft. Niners had just signed Jimmy in '18 so they weren't in the market for a QB when Allen was drafted. Also, Shanny gushed over Allen after he demolished our defense last season.  

I think Shanny takes Trey Lance with the goal of him being his Josh Allen

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

I feel like Lance would suit the 49ers style of offense, with his team using motion and him being under center a lot. But I also feel 3 is too early and they're going after either Fields or Wilson.

Lance maybe a bit too inaccurate for them, considering they're going to move off Jimmy

• Like 1