49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

Well, next Tuesday should be LIT AF on Twitter. Next Tuesday is Ohio State's pro day. It will be interesting to see who represents us there. 

Did we even go to Lance's pro day?

Side note, my conspiracy theory is that Lynch just recently found out Douglas' draft plans for #2 and made the move accordingly. I don't think you needed to jump up to #3 to secure Fields or Lance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I still think trading Jimmy would be a mistake. I like the idea of it better next year.

I've been on board with keeping Jimmy G since December and still think that's a good idea. There is rumors floating around though that there is a number of teams interested in Jimmy currently. I'm still happy with going with Jimmy and the rookie, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved now that we moved up. 

For people saying we gave up too much, don't think the team doesn't know the QBs that will be entering the draft next season. They have a decent feel of what will be available and also know the team is likely to pick in the 20s if they are relatively healthy. This was their best chance to get their QB, and I think @Forge and I discussed this earlier. No other better year to get a QB in the draft.

Draft Lance, sit him a year and roll with Jimmy. Hope Jimmy balls out and flip him for a potential 1st or multiple 2nd rounders. 

• Like 4

Well, next Tuesday should be LIT AF on Twitter. Next Tuesday is Ohio State's pro day. It will be interesting to see who represents us there. 

Did we even go to Lance's pro day?

Side note, my conspiracy theory is that Lynch just recently found out Douglas' draft plans for #2 and made the move accordingly. I don't think you needed to jump up to #3 to secure Fields or Lance. 

I hope it’s not Fields, I don’t know why but he scares me. 

This just makes me think of the rumors that ATL did like Lance so they had to jump in front of them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They are taking Lance and will sit Jimmy a year. No real need to get rid of Jimmy this season. Let him start, sit Lance and then move Jimmy after the season. 

**EDIT**

The first part of this quote confused me and I didn't read the second part. Ignore my comments on this.

Edited by NinerNation21

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For people saying we gave up too much, don't think the team doesn't know the QBs that will be entering the draft next season. They have a decent feel of what will be available and also know the team is likely to pick in the 20s if they are relatively healthy. This was their best chance to get their QB, and I think @Forge and I discussed this earlier. No other better year to get a QB in the draft.

Draft Lance, sit him a year and roll with Jimmy. Hope Jimmy balls out and flip him for a potential 1st or multiple 2nd rounders. 

Yep, I'm 100% okay with this provided it's for a QB (Shanny and I will have words if it's for Pitts, as much as i love him lol). 

You're getting somethign back for Jimmy if he stays healthy 

WOW!!!

What are the chances that both the Jaguars and Jets pass on Lawrence? LOL.

Hoping the 49ers get Fields and trade Jimmy G. Next year's QB class is going to be crap so at least they should get a stud this year under a four year deal while unloading Jimmy's contract. I would bring back Aldon Smith as a pass rusher and get out of Ford's contract as well.

Unless they screw up the #3 overall draft pick, im good with this trade.

Just now, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Jimmy is trade bait for sure. The question is, what is the market for him? 

I think rumor was a 2nd for Jimmy from NE, or? I would imagine that’s why the report came out right after we traded up that we wanted to keep him. See if anyone can offer anything to “pry” him away 

• Like 1

This seems...backwards. We have a stacked roster, the division crown is well within our reach and the Bucs are the only top dog in the NFC at the moment. The blood is in the water, and we're going to sit our vet QB who is making $26 mil this year and has lead us to a SB a year ago for a rookie who didn't play at all in 2020 and is very raw? 

I'd be very upset if that's the plan. I'd be way more on board with that in 2022 when I think trading Jimmy makes way more sense. 

I think he misspoke. We are sitting Lance. Personally, not a fan of it. Maybe you play Jimmy and hope he gets his value back up, but I think there's a pretty good chance they could flip him for a first, even a late first. I think they could end up going that route. There's going to be a huge QB squeeze once Jones ends up off the board. Jimmy G is the last guy there to be had that can actually certifiably play at starting NFL QB level. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This seems...backwards. We have a stacked roster, the division crown is well within our reach and the Bucs are the only top dog in the NFC at the moment. The blood is in the water, and we're going to sit our vet QB who is making $26 mil this year and has lead us to a SB a year ago for a rookie who didn't play at all in 2020 and is very raw? 

I'd be very upset if that's the plan. I'd be way more on board with that in 2022 when I think trading Jimmy makes way more sense. 

Huh? I'm saying you play Jimmy in 2021 and sit Lance while letting him take over the reigns in 2022.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, I'm 100% okay with this provided it's for a QB (Shanny and I will have words if it's for Pitts, as much as i love him lol). 

You're getting somethign back for Jimmy if he stays healthy 

I joked Shanny wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too....Well, he really is going to be doing that in this scenario LOL.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Draft Lance, sit him a year and roll with Jimmy. Hope Jimmy balls out and flip him for a potential 1st or multiple 2nd rounders

Interesting that you look at this as Lance. I took this as a move to get wilson.

Lance has a lot of risk to trade 2 future firsts for. I do like him a lot, but he has more risk for him than there would be with wilson 

• Like 1