49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy won't ask for a trade. Far too short sighted. If our intention is to let him start and play it out this year, that's what is best for him. One, he gets to cash in on his contract this year. Nobody is giving him that amount of money right now if we cut him. Two, he's not likely to get a long term deal in this climate either given the season he's coming off of. So he's going to have to go out there, ball it up and be successful to earn another contract next year....on a new and most likely worse team without the offensive genius that is Kyle. 

If Jimmy stays, he gets paid this year. He will likely be successful which will increase his interest. He'll be in the last year of his deal so he'll likely come with an extension from whomever acquires him (they can massage the cap with this) and coming off a good season, it'll probably be pretty solid. It'll be easier to have that good season here.  It's just a better all around situation for him if he stays. 

It's not about cutting him. This is his only year of having a NTC. The Pats are right there looking for a QB. Things can change next season. 

And the Pats can extend Jimmy or restructure his deal where he can get what he's getting if he stays here.

If Jimmy has one bad game, the fans will call for the rookie and he knows regardless of how well he plays, the team is moving on for him.

Definitely can see him requesting a trade right now to return to the Pats. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not about cutting him. This is his only year of having a NTC. The Pats are right there looking for a QB. Things can change next season. 

And the Pats can extend Jimmy or restructure his deal where he can get what he's getting if he stays here.

If Jimmy has one bad game, the fans will call for the rookie and he knows regardless of how well he plays, the team is moving on for him.

Then he's an idiot.  Its very short sighted. Leverage starts to wane in that situation, and the market isn't great right now. He could be forced to take a paycut just to facilitate a trade. There are so many ways it's just not the best option for him with regards to his overall career. It's trading that for immediate satisfaction, which maybe is more important to him. I wouldn't be shocked if we traded him before the draft at some point, but I Think that would be our call. I don't think that he's requesting it.

Alex Smith endured "We Want Carr", if Jimmy Can't get through this season, he's soft anyway. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy might be more comfortable elsewhere, but he needs to ****** that bag for now. Get that $24 million.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Does Jimmy believe in himself that he can have a solid and healthy year under Shanny? Or is the trust gone & does he want to go to his hometown or former team? A lot can change in a year and he may not find as advantageous situations next offseason. 

Some notes on the three guys: 

Justin Fields

• Personal connection with Shanny. Cuts both ways (Shanny could love him or hate him), but this staff has very much been about personal connections in the past. Something to keep in mind. 
  • The most accurate passer tracked by Ian Wharton thus far out of the class (not sure if he's finished tracking Mac Jones yet). And he's one of the most accurate passers since 2012
  • He's got Lance's physical upside and tools with Jones' ability to play right away. 
  • Humorously enough, has the most experience out of the group. Mac has 17 starts, Lance has 16. Fields with the booming 22 starts. 
  • Slow processor
  • Doesn't throw with much anticipation or throw guys open. Very much is a sees what is guy and not a sees what could be guy. Did get better in this regard in year two, and there's an excellent breakdown of this in the two games against Clemson on youtube if you guys want to check it out. 
  • Needs to be more comfortable throwing the ball away. 
  • Kind of wilts in big games? I mean, not always, but you look at some of the bigger games at OSU over the last two years, and his history is kind of spotty. 

Mac Jones

• Does not boast an real elite physical traits that you would probably want at pick #3. Mac Jones will have to completely max out from the neck up to compensate, and that's kind of hard. 
  • Extremely poised and highly intelligent. Makes a lot of presnap reads and judgments. 
  • Works amazingly well out of playaction, which we all know is going to be big with Shanny. 
  • Gorgeous deep ball. 
  • He's not an athlete, but he moves in the pocket very well. If you were looking for someone similar, I'd say Matt Stafford. Forget about the arm stuff, I'm just talking about what kind of athletes they are and how they use what they have to work around in the pocket. 
  • For someone who is said to be polished and mentally sharp with regards to processing and on the field, his reliance on Smith is pretty mind boggling. A 30/40/50 split is a bit arbitrary, but at the same time, those benchmarks are nearly unheard of. Those are benchmarks that Megatron wasn't hitting with Stafford in Detroit. 
  • We have a spotty history with Alabama coaches. I don't know if this means anything in the end, but the relationship between our staff and Alabama's has been documented as fractured. 
  • Ian Wharton tracked quite a few dropped interceptions (8 total, which is the same as their dropped receptions in the first 8 games lol). 
  • Big games in big games. 

Trey Lance

• Watch his tape. Now realize that he was 19 years old when he was doing what you are watching. At 19, Justin Fields had yet to take a snap in college and Mac Jones was getting arrested for DUIs. 
  • May have the highest ceiling not out of just these three, but the entire draft class. Its at least comparable to Trevor and Wilson, even if he's much further away from it. 
  • Speaking of which, there is nobody in this class who is further away from their ceiling than Trey Lance. These kind of things are terrifying as we found out with Solomon Thomas. In an ideal world, you don't want one of the primary words used to describe your top 3 pick to be "Raw"
  • He's said to be absolutely brilliant. 
  • He has less than 300 passes thrown in college (correction; he actually has 318 as sports reference doesn't consider this years game an actual game, but I will for the purposes of this) . The inexperience here is almost unprecedented. He comes from a run heavy college offense where he averaged fewer than 20 passes a game. Cam only threw 280 times for Auburn, but at least the year before that he started in Juco
  • He will make some throws that will make your mouth water...and make some throws where he clearly doesn't have a feel for it. It's very Josh Allen-y. The physical tools are off the charts. I watch him and I think he has a very unnatural feel for actually passing the ball, but that can come. The dude was 19. 
  • He is the king of small things that are unappreciated by us. What do I mean by this? His role within the offense allows him to make checks at the line and he handles almost all the offensive line protection calls. He's used to heavier set personnel (including using a fullback), taking snaps from under center or in the shotgun, utilizes heavy play action, has an offense that conducts full field reads (and he will scan the full field), etc. I could go on. 
  • Here's the flip side to that...he's not particularly great at *any* of that yet lol. Central Arkansas kicked his butt because they flipped coverages and blitzes after the snap after showing something pre snap which fooled him. He could look off safeties more often and things like that. Whenever I have watched him, I feel like he's just a tick late in what he's seeing. This is something I actually do expect to get better over time. Things tend to speed up. If you go back to the youtube video I referenced comparing Fields' two clemson games, this is something that the person talks about with regards to Fields - in year 1, he often had the right read / decision, but was too late to make the choice. 
  • We have never seen him live. I mean, that's going to be ballsy if we go that route without having seen him live. Totally old school, to be honest. 
  • Oh yeah, and the guy threw 28 tds to 0 ints in his first full year starting. I don't care that he plays for North Dakota State, that's absolutely bonkers. 

Thanks For Coming To My Ted Talk GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Some notes on the three guys: 

Justin Fields

• Personal connection with Shanny. Cuts both ways (Shanny could love him or hate him), but this staff has very much been about personal connections in the past. Something to keep in mind. 
  • The most accurate passer tracked by Ian Wharton thus far out of the class (not sure if he's finished tracking Mac Jones yet). And he's one of the most accurate passers since 2012
  • He's got Lance's physical upside and tools with Jones' ability to play right away. 
  • Humorously enough, has the most experience out of the group. Mac has 17 starts, Lance has 16. Fields with the booming 22 starts. 
  • Slow processor
  • Doesn't throw with much anticipation or throw guys open. Very much is a sees what is guy and not a sees what could be guy. Did get better in this regard in year two, and there's an excellent breakdown of this in the two games against Clemson on youtube if you guys want to check it out. 
  • Needs to be more comfortable throwing the ball away. 
  • Kind of wilts in big games? I mean, not always, but you look at some of the bigger games at OSU over the last two years, and his history is kind of spotty. 

Mac Jones

• Does not boast an real elite physical traits that you would probably want at pick #3. Mac Jones will have to completely max out from the neck up to compensate, and that's kind of hard. 
  • Extremely poised and highly intelligent. Makes a lot of presnap reads and judgments. 
  • Works amazingly well out of playaction, which we all know is going to be big with Shanny. 
  • Gorgeous deep ball. 
  • He's not an athlete, but he moves in the pocket very well. If you were looking for someone similar, I'd say Matt Stafford. Forget about the arm stuff, I'm just talking about what kind of athletes they are and how they use what they have to work around in the pocket. 
  • For someone who is said to be polished and mentally sharp with regards to processing and on the field, his reliance on Smith is pretty mind boggling. A 30/40/50 split is a bit arbitrary, but at the same time, those benchmarks are nearly unheard of. Those are benchmarks that Megatron wasn't hitting with Stafford in Detroit. 
  • We have a spotty history with Alabama coaches. I don't know if this means anything in the end, but the relationship between our staff and Alabama's has been documented as fractured. 
  • Ian Wharton tracked quite a few dropped interceptions (8 total, which is the same as their dropped receptions in the first 8 games lol). 
  • Big games in big games. 

Trey Lance

• Watch his tape. Now realize that he was 19 years old when he was doing what you are watching. At 19, Justin Fields had yet to take a snap in college and Mac Jones was getting arrested for DUIs. 
  • May have the highest ceiling not out of just these three, but the entire draft class. Its at least comparable to Trevor and Wilson, even if he's much further away from it. 
  • Speaking of which, there is nobody in this class who is further away from their ceiling than Trey Lance. These kind of things are terrifying as we found out with Solomon Thomas. In an ideal world, you don't want one of the primary words used to describe your top 3 pick to be "Raw"
  • He's said to be absolutely brilliant. 
  • He has less than 300 passes thrown in college (correction; he actually has 318 as sports reference doesn't consider this years game an actual game, but I will for the purposes of this) . The inexperience here is almost unprecedented. He comes from a run heavy college offense where he averaged fewer than 20 passes a game. Cam only threw 280 times for Auburn, but at least the year before that he started in Juco
  • He will make some throws that will make your mouth water...and make some throws where he clearly doesn't have a feel for it. It's very Josh Allen-y. The physical tools are off the charts. I watch him and I think he has a very unnatural feel for actually passing the ball, but that can come. The dude was 19. 
  • He is the king of small things that are unappreciated by us. What do I mean by this? His role within the offense allows him to make checks at the line and he handles almost all the offensive line protection calls. He's used to heavier set personnel (including using a fullback), taking snaps from under center or in the shotgun, utilizes heavy play action, has an offense that conducts full field reads (and he will scan the full field), etc. I could go on. 
  • Here's the flip side to that...he's not particularly great at *any* of that yet lol. Central Arkansas kicked his butt because they flipped coverages and blitzes after the snap after showing something pre snap which fooled him. He could look off safeties more often and things like that. Whenever I have watched him, I feel like he's just a tick late in what he's seeing. This is something I actually do expect to get better over time. Things tend to speed up. If you go back to the youtube video I referenced comparing Fields' two clemson games, this is something that the person talks about with regards to Fields - in year 1, he often had the right read / decision, but was too late to make the choice. 
  • We have never seen him live. I mean, that's going to be ballsy if we go that route without having seen him live. Totally old school, to be honest. 
  • Oh yeah, and the guy threw 28 tds to 0 ints in his first full year starting. I don't care that he plays for North Dakota State, that's absolutely bonkers. 

Thanks For Coming To My Ted Talk GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Wheres the report on wilson  ?

• Like 1

Also @N4L I really would make it a Fields / Lance / Mac thread. I don't think Mac is likely at all, but I don't think he can be ruled out either given the past precedent of this organization to spend 500K on a 100K house just because they wanted it. There are also individuals in this forum that would prefer Jones. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Also @N4L I really would make it a Fields / Lance / Mac thread. I don't think Mac is likely at all, but I don't think he can be ruled out either given the past precedent of this organization to spend 500K on a 100K house just because they wanted it. There are also individuals in this forum that would prefer Jones. 

There was going to be a third option on the poll where you get to shoot me in the face with a shotgun. 

So, Mac Jones will be represented in the thread 

• Like 2

Another thing I like about this trade, if it backfires and we end up gifting Miami a bunch of draft capital, at least they are in the AFC and that it won't matter too much for us 

Also kinda funny if this trade lands Garoppolo in NE, considering they are in the same division