49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

LOL what in the world 

Im curious to know if its our pick or MIAs pick. Because I absolutely would have made this deal with the eagles on draft day if any of wilson, fields, or lance was available. 

We paid a premium to take our pick of the litter. I am 100% behind that.

• Like 1

This offseason has been one of the most exciting offseasons I can remember. Soooooo jacked. Hopefully the Jets go Fields so we have Wilson fall in our lap, if not I'd be super happy with Fields. Lance would be ok, but I wouldn't be as excited as if we had one of the other two. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hehe, well get ready to do just that!

But no, don't agree with Simms here.

Lance is Shanny's guy. 

why are you so dead-set on it being Lance? I think it's a possibility but Fields to me seems like he could be just as likely a fit as Lance. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

This offseason has been one of the most exciting offseasons I can remember. Soooooo jacked. Hopefully the Jets go Fields so we have Wilson fall in our lap, if not I'd be super happy with Fields. Lance would be ok, but I wouldn't be as excited as if we had one of the other two. 

Its a great spot to be in, for me.

I think all 4 of the top QBs are going to be good NFL QBs. I am very happy with any of them. Thats rare for me to say.

For reference, I did not like the 2018 class. Was lukewarm on Darnold (turnovers, tried to play like superman too much), hated rosen (bad arm, not the field general people wanted to make him out to be), liked Baker (but saw there could be some limitations there), and I liked but was iffy on Josh Allen. The senior year was bad, but he also had zero help around him, but he was not as accurate as I hoped for

I was a bit iffy on Lance until his pro-day. His release looked much refined, the arm is off the charts, and he is one helluvan athlete. His footwork was crisp. I was extremely impressed by it.

No matter who we get - @J-ALL-DAY will finally get his wish! A DEEP PASSING GAME BABY. ALL THREE OF THESE GUYS FRIGGIN SLING IT DOWN THE FIELD 

AIYUK GONNA EAT 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

why are you so dead-set on it being Lance? I think it's a possibility but Fields to me seems like he could be just as likely a fit as Lance. 

I mean it's not like I am some intel or anything but even before this draft season started, I just felt Shanny wanted a guy who had great physical tools that he could coach up and build him the way he wanted him to be. And I thought we would go with Jimmy this season since this is a win now roster and then go with a rookie when Bosa/Warner's deals were up. Lance is very raw and is a bit of a risk but the physical tools are just insane and this is the one guy over the rest where Shanny pretty much gets to coach up from the ground up. You can argue is that worth the gamble? But Lance will eat in this offense and Shanny can coach around his deficiencies in the early going. 

• Like 1