49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

This offseason has been one of the most exciting offseasons I can remember. Soooooo jacked. Hopefully the Jets go Fields so we have Wilson fall in our lap, if not I'd be super happy with Fields. Lance would be ok, but I wouldn't be as excited as if we had one of the other two. 

If you guys happen get Wilson I'm afraid y'all will dominate for years to come. Wilson will be an Elite QB for years to come. I hope you don't get him (fingers xxxd)

I got a notification from Bleacher Report's app saying the Eagles wanted Wilson and was trying to get to #3 but couldn't, so the niners swooped in. 

It really seems like the Jets could pass on Wilson given this notification and Corey Davis saying he signed with the Jets because he was told Darnold would be the QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

All this talk from Maiocco & Rappaport that they're sticking with Jimmy G. 

Kyle & John really kept this one close to the vest. What a smokescreen 

That doesn't necessarily mean they were wrong on the Niners keeping Jimmy lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's not like I am some intel or anything but even before this draft season started, I just felt Shanny wanted a guy who had great physical tools that he could coach up and build him the way he wanted him to be. And I thought we would go with Jimmy this season since this is a win now roster and then go with a rookie when Bosa/Warner's deals were up. Lance is very raw and is a bit of a risk but the physical tools are just insane and this is the one guy over the rest where Shanny pretty much gets to coach up from the ground up. You can argue is that worth the gamble? But Lance will eat in this offense and Shanny can coach around his deficiencies in the early going. 

Man, we have never even seen him throw live. I don't know if that would ever be done. It's not my first choice, but jeez man, what a gamble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

If you guys happen get Wilson I'm afraid y'all will dominate for years to come. Wilson will be an Elite QB for years to come. I hope you don't get him (fingers xxxd)

I like all of this except the bolded.

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

Interesting that you look at this as Lance. I took this as a move to get wilson.

Lance has a lot of risk to trade 2 future firsts for. I do like him a lot, but he has more risk for him than there would be with wilson 

Also interesting we made this move at BYU's pro day. 

Did Saleh tell Shanny that they're sticking with Darnold and not trading the #2 pick?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hehe, well get ready to do just that!

But no, don't agree with Simms here.

Lance is Shanny's guy. 

Simms is Shanny's best friend tho...

I'm mentally preparing for Mac Jones. Not gonna get Kinlaw'd again. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

NFL Network made a very interesting observation, the Niners are unlikely to to have made this deal on a QB before at least seeing their pro day, considering Wilson and Fields arent completed by the time of this trade..............it may signal Mac Jones or Trey Lance, I think this may be Mac Jones

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm surprised that they had the balls to do this. I didn't think that they did. 

I'm going to repeat a point i made last offseason. You have to be bold to be a champion. 

For the NBA, look at the Raptors trading Derozan. Local favourite, solid player, couldn't get it done in the playoffs. They moved him for Kawhi who was a one year rental, but in that one year they won the championship. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but we should have gotten Brady last year. We're probably a wildcard team even with all our injuries and a legit SB contender this year with him.

We could have made the safe move this year and kept Jimmy G, fortified the rest of our roster, and ran it back. Certainly not a bad move, but its the safe move. But what if Jimmy gets hurt like in 2020? What if he falters at big moments like the 2019 playoffs? And if we're picking around the 28-30 range in the 2022 draft, good luck getting a top QB prospect. 

My immediate thought after the season was we may not pick this high again for a long time. It seems to be a strong QB class. Go after it. 

I'm pulling for Wilson or Fields but would not be unopposed to Lance or Jones. I trust Shanny on this 

And we still have our 2nd rounder. We could trade down and accumulate more picks to shore up our depth. Love it 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, we have never even seen him throw live. I don't know if that would ever be done. It's not my first choice, but jeez man, what a gamble. 

Right? That's a huge gamble but the way this team tries to keep it to their chest, kind of makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Simms is Shanny's best friend tho...

I'm mentally preparing for Mac Jones. Not gonna get Kinlaw'd again. 

Simms admitted last year he purposely did not link Aiyuk and 49ers because he knew how much Shanny liked him. He even said while he liked Aiyuk, he never thought as highly of him as Shanny and was proven wrong lol. 

Just now, SoCalNiner said:

My gut says it's going to be Mac Jones, get ready for it. 

right there with you and as much as I have warmed up to the idea of Mac Jones, I cannot fathom him at #3. But, we have seen Shanny and Lynch trade up for players they believe in, not players everyone else has rated high

• Like 2