49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

NFL Network made a very interesting observation, the Niners are unlikely to to have made this deal on a QB before at least seeing their pro day, considering Wilson and Fields arent completed by the time of this trade..............it may signal Mac Jones or Trey Lance, I think this may be Mac Jones

Pro days aren't that big of a deal, to be honest. Dozens of hours of game film are much more important.

• Like 4

Jones is just the prototypical QB shanahan has valued to me. I hope they got some intel from what the Jets are planning to do and Wilson will be there but i wouldn't be sad if we end up with Fields or Jones. Lance is the one i would be least happy with but the potential is no doubt really high with him so still would be happy with how aggressive we went in to make a big change. Also the fact we kept our 2nd this year is big to me and i feel its the spot where we will grab a CB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

right there with you and as much as I have warmed up to the idea of Mac Jones, I cannot fathom him at #3. But, we have seen Shanny and Lynch trade up for players they believe in, not players everyone else has rated high

Not players the general media has rated high. We don't know what teams actually think and in general draft media is way more based on general talent over specific skill sets. Maybe the guy we picked would have been gone the next pick like it came out with Foster already having the Saints onthe phone.

• Like 1

I'm going to say what I said on the main board. 

All I wanted was for them to shoot their shot. I can't ask for more than that. If it's Lance, if it's Jones...fine, whatever. I just wanted them to be bold and make their run. I'm not going to get lost in who we select. They are shooting their shot. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

All I wanted was for them to shoot their shot. I can't ask for more than that. If it's Lance, if it's Jones...fine, whatever. I just wanted them to be bold and make their run. I'm not going to get lost in who we select. They are shooting their shot. 

But why didn't we just trade for Watson??? Am I too late to say this or are there folks ready to axe John and Kyle for this?

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

But why didn't we just trade for Watson??? Am I too late to say this or are there folks ready to axe John and Kyle for this?

the texans have made it clear they are not trading watson right now. Even before all the other stuff that happened. 

We didnt want to sit on our hands and miss out on a great QB draft when we are picking lower than Kyle and John expect to pick over the next few years

The window of opportunity was now, and they pulled the trigger!

17 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think it is going to be Wilson or Jones, actually. I have a difficult time seeing Fields or Lance in this O simply because their diagnosis skills aren't the equal of Jones/Wilson/Lawrence.

Kyle gets the first read open. That will be fine with Fields. 

Lance sees the field well. His decision making with the ball is one of his strengths, not a weakness. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

IN SHANAHAN WE TRUST

• Like 2