49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kyle gets the first read open. That will be fine with Fields. 

Lance sees the field well. His decision making with the ball is one of his strengths, not a weakness. 

That may be, but neither of these are the equal of the other 3 in the mental or diagnosis aspects. Jones/Wilson/Lawrence are significantly ahead of these two in that respect. 

The fact that we didn't trade up to 2 means the Jets are taking Zack Wilson and will not even consider trading him. They probably love him. Wait til Tuesday for Fields' pro day. I think he will light it up. This pick is going to be either Fields or Lance. A generational type of upside at the position...not Mac Jones. If they wanted a Mac Jones type of player they woulda made a move for Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan. This is a move for one of the athletic studs. I like Mac Jones too btw..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

The fact that we didn't trade up to 2 means the Jets are taking Zack Wilson and will not even consider trading him. They probably love him. Wait til Tuesday for Fields' pro day. I think he will light it up. This pick is going to be either Fields or Lance. A generational type of upside at the position...not Mac Jones. If they wanted a Mac Jones type of player they woulda made a move for Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan. This is a move for one of the athletic studs. I like Mac Jones too btw..

I was ehh about Jones at 12 and there's no way I'm ok with him at 3. It has to be Fields or Lance.

• Like 1

This trade continues a few trends for the Niners. 

1. Shanny will go the extra mile to get the guy that he believes is the best fit. 

2. Shanny & Lynch smokescreened yet again. 2017, they attended Mahomes pro day with no intention of drafting him (doh!). 2020, Lynch says he's confident Staley will return, then they trade for Trent Williams 2 days later. They also trade up for Aiyuk in the 1st when nobody had him mocked to us. Rappaport & Maiocco talked all offseason about how they didn't see us going up for a QB, Jimmy G was likely to stick around, etc. Either they leaked strategically that they were keeping Jimmy, or they kept it a secret and/or have a good poker face.

3. This is a guess, but we're likely pulling on personal relationships again. How? Today is Zach Wilson's pro day. Robert Saleh & Mike LaFleur are there. Very likely that Lynch got some intel that made him & Shanny confident to move to 3. Most likely we know what the Jets will do and are satisfied with the outcome.

4. Even though you could argue it was our biggest need, we'll likely yet again get a mid-round CB. And our secondary group will be comprised of bargain-bin FA's & mid-round picks, as is tradition. They definitely value the front 7 more

Edited by 49ersfan

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

This trade continues a few trends for the Niners. 

1. Shanny will go the extra mile to get the guy that he believes is the best fit. 

2. Shanny & Lynch smokescreened yet again. 2017, they attended Mahomes pro day with no intention of drafting him (doh!). 2020, Lynch says he's confident Staley will return, then they trade for Trent Williams 2 days later. They also trade up for Aiyuk in the 1st when nobody had him mocked to us. Rappaport & Maiocco talked all offseason about how they didn't see us going up for a QB, Jimmy G was likely to stick around, etc. Either they leaked strategically that they were keeping Jimmy, or they kept it a secret and/or have a good poker face.

3. This is a guess, but we're likely pulling on personal relationships again. How? Today is Zach Wilson's pro day. Robert Saleh & Mike LaFleur are there. Very likely that Lynch got some intel that made him & Shanny confident to move to 3. Most likely we know what the Jets will do and are satisfied with the outcome.

4. Even though you could argue it was our biggest need, we'll likely yet again get a mid-round CB. And our secondary group will be comprised of bargain-bin FA's & mid-round picks, as is tradition. They definitely value the front 7 more

I really love the corners in the 2nd round so I'm fine if they duo there. 

My guess is kyle is fine with either Wilson, Fields/Lance whoever it is. You don't make this move unless like you said you know who the Jets are taking or love 2 QB prospects and fine with whoever is left.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I pray to God that it's not Mac Jones. 

I don't think it's Mac. I'm pretty sure we could've got him at 12. I was thinking that maybe we had info on the Jets sticking with Darnold, so we made a move so we can land Wilson. However I just heard Matt Maiocco on Sirius NFL radio. He said his guess is we are taking Fields.

• Like 2

Just now, mrscottso said:

I don't think it's Mac. I'm pretty sure we could've got him at 12. I was thinking that maybe we had info on the Jets sticking with Darnold, so we made a move so we can land Wilson. However I just heard Matt Maiocco on Sirius NFL radio. He said his guess is we are taking Fields.

Matt Maiocco and Peter King are the only people I trust with predictions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrscottso said:

If it goes Lawrence-1 & Wilson-2 then I'm all about Fields at 3. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

The fact that we didn't trade up to 2 means the Jets are taking Zack Wilson and will not even consider trading him. 

See, I don't know about that. It sounds like the Eagles wanted Wilson and was trying to get to #3 for him but bailed because of the price tag, which is when we swooped in. Why would they try to get to 3 if he was never going to be available there? 

• Like 1