49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

15 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I don't think it's Mac. I'm pretty sure we could've got him at 12. I was thinking that maybe we had info on the Jets sticking with Darnold, so we made a move so we can land Wilson. However I just heard Matt Maiocco on Sirius NFL radio. He said his guess is we are taking Fields.

Agreed. If we take him...okay, not much I can do about it. But I don't see it. 

I listened to the pod with MM and he said Fields was the intriguing guy, but I think this move is for Lance. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I really would like to keep Jimmy and sit the rookie, but what if the Pats offer a 2nd and future 3rd? We can then flip one of our 2nds for a 2022 1st rounder possibly or use that to trade up or down to get more draft capital. 

I would say a second alone is enough to trade himright away. But the thing is, regardless of how much he rehabs his value, i don't see how he gets anything more than a late first..and that's pushing it. But then again, QB market place is wild and anything goes..and Jimmy isn't good but he isn't bad per se. 

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

See, I don't know about that. It sounds like the Eagles wanted Wilson and was trying to get to #3 for him but bailed because of the price tag, which is when we swooped in. Why would they try to get to 3 if he was never going to be available there? 

Exactly this. Saleh may have assured us they were not going QB and are rolling with Darnold. If so, Wilson WILL BE THERE AT #3. That's who I think Kyle has wanted all season long. I think he saw his ideal QB playing at BYU last season and he just pounded the table for him!

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Someone has a 4th round grade on Fields...what in the world 

LOL, you hear wild stuff every year. I know every team isn't high on Fields, but 4th round grade? Wow.

Now I am getting nervous with them taking Lance since I've been driving this train for a while. Too many people are talking about him being the pick.

Kellen Mond it is! Ha. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, you hear wild stuff every year. I know every team isn't high on Fields, but 4th round grade? Wow.

Now I am getting nervous with them taking Lance since I've been driving this train for a while. Too many people are talking about him being the pick.

Kellen Mond it is! Ha. 

I think the pick is Lance. It's not my choice, but this is also the clear Patty Mahomes play as well. I'm not going to fault them for shooting for the moon. He's crazy smart, has all the physical tools, familiar with a more NFL style offense....I Just don't think that he's an overly natural thrower of the football. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Is there any added benefit of physically going to a pro day when its all on film anyway?

But why go to Wilson's but not Treys. But if they go to Fields doesn't help answer the question. Makes me think it's Wilson or Fields. If they go to Fields pro day.

Edited by 49erurtaza