Jump to content

49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the pick is Lance. It's not my choice, but this is also the clear Patty Mahomes play as well. I'm not going to fault them for shooting for the moon. He's crazy smart, has all the physical tools, familiar with a more NFL style offense....I Just don't think that he's an overly natural thrower of the football. 

It's all a guess man, I'm just going with Lance since that's what I've been saying from day one lol.

I did think there was a possibility of riding it out with Jimmy/Lance though. If you want a Mahomes move, this is definitely it. My theory just has been that Shanahan loves to micromanage QBs and coach them up the way he wants to...Him and McVay are way more hands on than most coaches and they like to control the QB...Well, what better QB to coach up than one who is as raw as Lance and has as much to learn as Lance? Mac Jones is already polished so maybe he is fine with him but he's not going to change him a whole a lot. That's why I don't buy a move up for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh btw, it was announced yesterday that Lynch/Shanahan would meet with the media on........Monday lol. They obviously knew something was up and didn't want to meet before the trade went down. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also makes sense why they went all in getting the Trent deal done. Some thought maybe the team lets him walk if he asks for too much, but they knew they had to fill every need in free agency to make a move like this one and they didn't want the rookie QB being stuck with a suspect LT.

One thing is clear, the team really has shut a lot of the leaks out. You don't hear a peep of any move until the day of the move. Two years in a row. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have a difficult time believing Lance would go in the top 5. I think it was 17 games he has actually started? 19? Yikes. I don't believe it. 

I could see us taking Fields, if Wilson is gone and they don't like Mac enough. But Lance? Just doesn't jive to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh btw, it was announced yesterday that Lynch/Shanahan would meet with the media on........Monday lol. They obviously knew something was up and didn't want to meet before the trade went down. 

a tiny part of me thought sometime was up when I read that this morning but I thought this was just their time to say "Jimmy is our guy and etc". Well, More like Jimmy is our guy FOR NOW. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I really have a difficult time believing Lance would go in the top 5. I think it was 17 games he has actually started? 19? Yikes. I don't believe it. 

I could see us taking Fields, if Wilson is gone and they don't like Mac enough. But Lance? Just doesn't jive to me. 

It's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gamble. Big payoff, big risk. I am a fan of experience in my quarterbacks and I can't think of a single player who has as little of it as Lance. Even Cam Newton had years in JUCO. And then to combine with a lack of game experience, he also played on a team that was heavy run based lol. He only threw the ball an average of 18 times a game lol 

We haven't seen him throw live a single time. We didn't go to his pro day. This whole thing is bonkers and I love it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gamble. Big payoff, big risk. I am a fan of experience in my quarterbacks and I can't think of a single player who has as little of it as Lance. Even Cam Newton had years in JUCO. And then to combine with a lack of game experience, he also played on a team that was heavy run based lol. He only threw the ball an average of 18 times a game lol 

We haven't seen him throw live a single time. We didn't go to his pro day. This whole thing is bonkers and I love it. 

Yep that's the beauty of it is in the end we just don't know how this QB is gonna turn out in 3-5 years. However with Kyle, I'll take my chances. I've been on the Lance > Fields boat but wouldn't be mad if we took Fields. 

I wasn't a fan of Allen or Mahomes when they came out and look at them now. So as a Fan, I'll take my chances with Kyle and any QB with Talent...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yep that's the beauty of it is in the end we just don't know how this QB is gonna turn out in 3-5 years. However with Kyle, I'll take my chances. I've been on the Lance > Fields boat but wouldn't be mad if we took Fields. 

I wasn't a fan of Allen or Mahomes when they came out and look at them now. So as a Fan, I'll take my chances with Kyle and any QB with Talent...

I was a huge fan of Allen and not a fan of Mahomes LOL. I don't know how that works now that I think about it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

I was a huge fan of Allen and not a fan of Mahomes LOL. I don't know how that works now that I think about it 

Come to think of it, I didn't watch much of Mahomes at all haha. So that one is on me but I did go back and watch his college tape and honestly spread offense and all, it was pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

 

I just don’t know how big of an upgrade Jones would be over Jimmy 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

 

I think Shanny and Lynch have been kicking themselves for that first draft for years now. One thing I do like about this FO is that they appear to learn from their mistakes. I’m very curious to see what we do with Jimmy moving forward. I’ve been on the bring back Jimmy and sit a high pick behind wagon since during the season last year, so obviously I have no problem with that. His value is so hard to gauge though. If we get good value now we have to take it; who knows if Jimmy plays well, stays healthy, or flat out loses the job to the rookie. Shanny has shown that he doesn’t care when you were drafted or how much money you make, he’s going to play the guy he thinks is better for the job.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

 

If they gave up all of that draft capital to move up to #3 just to pick Mac Jones, Lynch should be fired right after the pick is annouced. We didn't need to move up to #3 to draft Jones. I just can't see all of THIS for Mac Jones. I just really believe they know the Jets aren't taking Wilson and that's why decided to move all to #3.

Now if the Jets trade out of #2, my theory falls flat on its face. But I just don't see any scenario where Jones is the pick. At least I'm praying its not...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...