Draft Talk: Saints positioning themselves to draft BPA at 28.

whodatworm23

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I don't like the injury he's been dealing with, and the fact he hasn't hit the field for 2 season, with 2 surgeries relating to the spine. And to trade up for that? You can't tell me there's no better alternatives in the draft.

I understand everything you said... BUT, outside the injuries Fairley is the most talented corner on film in this draft, he's also the most versatile. He's the only one that held up in off-man coverage of the top corners. He'd be a top 10-12 pick if healthy, I guess beggers can't be choosers. If the Saints can land a talent like him at their biggest need by moving up a few spots im all for it. They will likely still sign a veteran to start in 2021 and allow Fairley wo work his way into the starting lineup.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I understand everything you said... BUT, outside the injuries Fairley is the most talented corner on film in this draft, he's also the most versatile. He's the only one that held up in off-man coverage of the top corners. He'd be a top 10-12 pick if healthy, I guess beggers can't be choosers. If the Saints can land a talent like him at their biggest need by moving up a few spots im all for it. They will likely still sign a veteran to start in 2021 and allow Fairley wo work his way into the starting lineup.

I guess nobody in their right minds would take a QB with a major injury to his throwing shoulder either, right?

I'd love to see the pick work. I guess I'm just gun shy right now with that fact that we finally have some draft picks, we've drafted VERY well over the past few seasons, and the price teams are paying to move up in the first round, I'm guessing we'd burn at least 2 first round picks just to move ahead of the Titans, for a guy with a spinal column injury that has affected his hip and thigh movement, which is what makes CB great. So with our killer scouting department, we're taking their jobs right out from under them.

Could be a fire, or could be a Payton smoke screen. Who knows...

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also said it's not for a QB. WTF man. Some rumors say it's for Sewall. Some say it's for Surtain.

If it's that high I hope that it would be Sewell. CB is just such a huge risk and I don't think that they are as impactful as OL. But really...I'd avoid either. The only way I'm trading up is for a QB.

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If it's that high I hope that it would be Sewell. CB is just such a huge risk and I don't think that they are as impactful as OL. But really...I'd avoid either. The only way I'm trading up is for a QB.

I know Armstead is injury prone, and Sewall has All-pro potential, I just don't understand giving up the necessary draft capital for a non-QB. I agree with you, only way I'm trading up is for a QB.

12 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I know Armstead is injury prone, and Sewall has All-pro potential, I just don't understand giving up the necessary draft capital for a non-QB. I agree with you, only way I'm trading up is for a QB.

Maybe the draft capital is lessened if Armstead is a part of the trade.  Said team gets an immediate franchise LT, although injury prone, as well as a later pick, Saints get a longterm replacement for Armstead and cut some salary.

15 minutes ago, Raves said:

Maybe the draft capital is lessened if Armstead is a part of the trade.  Said team gets an immediate franchise LT, although injury prone, as well as a later pick, Saints get a longterm replacement for Armstead and cut some salary.

That's an interesting idea for sure, someone who doesn't want to wait for Sewall to mature (his game I mean) maybe? I guess I'm a little weary after paying the premium to move up for Davenport. Yes he was a need and had talent, but unfortunately his injury issues have limited how much impact he could've had.