Dolphins, Eagles Swap FRPs (Eagles to 12, Dolphins to 6)

CWood21

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

It's a good return, but I just really wanted Chase..........

Having likely 3 firsts next year is absolutely huge.

At 12, we are likely looking at Smith, Horn....AVT, Bateman, Parsons. Not as fun 

Bateman ain't going at 12.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Actually a solid return for 6->12, but it’s a move I’d have rather made on draft day when you see who’s in front of you. Lots of elite talent will be there at 6, I’m not 100% sure it’ll be there at 12...

It was the right deal to make.  An extra FRP could give the Eagles the ammunition to move up for a QB if Hurts falters.  The BPA are likely going to be a WR or TE, which I'd argue is hard pressed to use a top 6 pick on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dolphins again in a great spot to land their top WR choice. 

They went from taking the first WR off the board at 3, to taking the first WR off the board at 6 and grabbed a 2023 1st in the process. Hard to argue with that value. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It was the right deal to make.  An extra FRP could give the Eagles the ammunition to move up for a QB if Hurts falters.  The BPA are likely going to be a WR or TE, which I'd argue is hard pressed to use a top 6 pick on.

I actually think this takes them out of Sewell, Surtain, and possibly Parsons range. Think Philly could use any of the three (granted Sewell very likely I’d gone by 6 anyway, and Parsons may be there at 12). Means to me that they aren’t looking at either of the top WRs, Pitts, Surtain (or they love a guy like Horn), and figured they never had a shot at Sewell. 

Like i said, not a bad return at all. It’s definitely a move you make if you (feel like you) have job security.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I actually think this takes them out of Sewell, Surtain, and possibly Parsons range. Think Philly could use any of the three (granted Sewell very likely I’d gone by 6 anyway, and Parsons may be there at 12). Means to me that they aren’t looking at either of the top WRs, Pitts, Surtain (or they love a guy like Horn), and figured they never had a shot at Sewell. 

Like i said, not a bad return at all. It’s definitely a move you make if you (feel like you) have job security.

Sewell wasn't getting to 6, definitely wasn't going to get to 12.  Surtain probably becomes CB1 by default with the injury to Farley, although Horn is pushing the envelope.  Parsons is an impossible guy to project.

10 minutes ago, winitall said:

They went from taking the first WR off the board at 3, to taking the first WR off the board at 6 and grabbed a 2023 1st in the process. Hard to argue with that value. 

Miami also maintains trade down flexibility during the draft if somebody is falling and a team is desperate to move up to 6. If Daniel Jones can go 6 then not impossible some team falls in love with Trey Lance or Mac Jones or Justin Fields (if he slips) and is willing to pay the price to move up to 6.