Dolphins, Eagles Swap FRPs (Eagles to 12, Dolphins to 6)

CWood21

9 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

It would be hilarious if Philly was 8-9 and won the division,  and all 3 of their 2022 1st round picks were in picks 20-32

That all depends on if it’s the Dolphins first or the Niners first. If it’s the Niners first and the Colts and Niners play in the SB they could be picking 21, 31 and 32

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Trades like these are why I actually like the draft better than the playoffs.  In the playoffs, only one team ever goes home happy.  In the draft, every team gets the chance to make moves that their fans can be happy about.

unless you're the Rams and you hate 1st round draft picks

44 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

That all depends on if it’s the Dolphins first or the Niners first. If it’s the Niners first and the Colts and Niners play in the SB they could be picking 21, 31 and 32

Well that ain't happening. Wentz sucks. I just hope he plays 75% of the snaps.

Edited by Jeezla

Yikes, that second trade is even worse than I realized, as a Dolphins fan. I read it quickly and thought Miami also moved up from 156 to 123. Instead the Eagles must have been suppressing laughter to acquire the Miami first in 2022 while also advancing one round with a mid choice this year.

No matter how it works out, that's an incredibly sharp move by the Eagles to take away the first round pick of a team than just advanced from 6 wins to 10 wins. Far more often than not, regression will attach and that pick turns out to be higher than forecast, or than personnel suggests. I have mentioned this many times on Dolphin forums recently, that you don't want to be on the wrong end of that situational trend with a trade partner. Instead Miami swapped with the 49ers who are on upward bounce trajectory after flopping from 13 wins all the way to 6.

Three is the key number. When the win number moves 3 either way from the prior year, that's when the rubber band takes it back in the prior direction 70-75% of the time. Of course, we're dealing with 17 games instead of 16 this season so the direct relationship is slightly altered.