Dolphins, Eagles Swap FRPs (Eagles to 12, Dolphins to 6)

CWood21

The Dolphins made out like bandits.

The Eagles did well, but possibly a bit below value if the Dolphins pick winds up in the late 20s.

The 49ers paid a lot but if they get their QB and he's good then its worth it.

I wonder if Jimmy G is the next domino to fall in all of this.

Hot take clowns making fun of the Eagles for this amuse me. Like taking a pass catcher at 6 was going to go well for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Wtf...

references 'Big Trouble in Little China'  which 'mcompact's' avatar is Jack Burton in disguise going into the WinKong Exchange to buy a girl with green eyes.   If you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out.   Actually,  any Kurt Russel and John Carpenter movie is a must watch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

They lost a game on purpose and got a free first round pick out of it.

That's some world class tanking bud.

Yeah, I don't know how they thought that was a good response. Like they must understand the value of moving up a few spots in the top 10. It was just demonstrated today. We would not have gotten a first round pick next year without losing week 17.  

9 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Personally I'd rather have the Dolphin's pick than SF's.. if SF drafts a real QB at 3 and stays healthy on defense next year.... that team could be right back in the SB.

Or if they have the same QB issues they did this year, they're handing a top 15 pick over to the Dolphins.  The Eagles gambled that the Dolphins would be worse than the 49ers, and the Dolphins are betting that they'll be better than the Niners.

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Dolphins made out like bandits.

The Eagles did well, but possibly a bit below value if the Dolphins pick winds up in the late 20s.

The 49ers paid a lot but if they get their QB and he's good then its worth it.

I wonder if Jimmy G is the next domino to fall in all of this.

Hot take clowns making fun of the Eagles for this amuse me. Like taking a pass catcher at 6 was going to go well for them.

Even if Philly loses out on Chase or Smith, Waddle should still be there at 12.

Edited by SteelKing728

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Or if they have the same QB issues they did this year, they're handing a top 15 pick over to the Dolphins.  The Eagles gambled that the Dolphins would be worse than the 49ers, and the Dolphins are betting that they'll be better than the Niners.

And unless Tua makes a significant leap this year, I'm not convinced the Dolphins will be very good next season. 

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I think the Eagles made the right decision. It was reported that they wanted to move up to #3 for Wilson but all signs are pointing towards him going #2 to New York. They only move down 6 slots and they acquire an additional 1st round pick next year which could prove to be extremely valuable if they're looking to move up for a QB they like. 

The Eagles won't be able to get Chase, Smith, or Pitts at 12, but I'm running through mock draft scenarios and if the Giants don't take him, Jaylen Waddle gets to 12. I think Waddle and an extra 2022 first round pick is better than just Smith, Pitts, or Chase, so this could be really good maneuvering for Philly. 

Of course, in the case the Giants take Waddle at 11, or some trade up for the last top tier receiver happens, the Eagles may steal Rashawn Slater from the Chargers. 

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Eagles won't be able to get Chase, Smith, or Pitts at 12, but I'm running through mock draft scenarios and if the Giants don't take him, Jaylen Waddle gets to 12. I think Waddle and an extra 2022 first round pick is better than just Smith, Pitts, or Chase, so this could be really good maneuvering for Philly. 

Of course, in the case the Giants take Waddle at 11, or some trade up for the last top tier receiver happens, the Eagles may steal Rashawn Slater from the Chargers. 

I think we'll end up with one of Waddle or Smith for the taking at 12. As you alluded to, getting one of those guys along with a 2022 first, is preferable to just Chase or just Pitts. I'd be happy with Horn, Surtain, Slater, Parsons and that 2022 pick as well. I'm a big fan of the trade.