Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'm not the one that needs to take a deep breath. There's people who are whining all over twitter about this trade because GRRR HOWIE BAD. But if we did something basically identical to this 2 years ago then they'd be praising him "HOWIESZN"

While I count myself as the whining guys you mentioned. My reaction would be equally as negative if this was two seasons ago, bacause I have known Howie sucks at drafting since day 1 and I am adamantly against trading down as long as he is the GM. Don´t trust him one bit to evaluate talent AND to make the right decision, give me the better prospect anytime. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

While I count myself as the whining guys you mentioned. My reaction would be equally as negative if this was two seasons ago, bacause I have known Howie sucks at drafting since day 1 and I am adamantly against trading down as long as he is the GM. Don´t trust him one bit to evaluate talent AND to make the right decision, give me the better prospect anytime. 

Whether it's 6 or 12 there's nearly an identical chance of the Eagles drafting a poor player and them failing to develop a good player. 

At least Doug is gone now so maybe there's a chance a good player can be developed instead of them being dead on arrival. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Whether it's 6 or 12 there's nearly an identical chance of the Eagles drafting a poor player and them failing to develop a good player. 

At least Doug is gone now so maybe there's a chance a good player can be developed instead of them being dead on arrival. 

Plus there´s also the chance that now we will face Pitts in the division. 

I only hate it if we end up drafting a CB. Parsons/DeVonta/Waddle/Zaven/Paye/Ojulari. One of them please (preferably the wr's or LB's)
If Tua is QB for MIA, we should have a top 18 pick next year, plus the top 10 pick we'll get for being terrible, plus the Wentz pick. Hopefully the QB class next year looks better than this year (I doubt it does though)

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Plus there´s also the chance that now we will face Pitts in the division. 

You can't base your drafting strategy off of what other teams around you might do. You have to do what's best for your team. If there's definitely a guy you want then go ahead and take him, but it's a fools errand to try and just play keep away from another team out of spite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I only hate it if we end up drafting a CB. Parsons/DeVonta/Waddle/Zaven/Paye/Ojulari. One of them please (preferably the wr's or LB's)

A bit high for any linebacker not named Parsons. Also not high on Paye. I probably have Jaelen Phillips above him at this point.

A bit high for any linebacker not named Parsons. Also not high on Paye. I probably have Jaelen Phillips above him at this point.

No thanks with that injury history in the 1st. Zaven is just about equal to Parsons imo.

Edited by Jeezla

Like Phillips, concussions would keep me off him til the 2nd probably.

JO-K would’ve been good for Jim’s 2 LB scheme. Parsons would fit that Barr role well, could also do Kendricks’ MLB stuff too in Zimmer’s scheme...hard to believe Howie would do it though.

I can’t wait to listen to all the howie hate on WIP because we traded back when in reality we now have (potentially) 3 first round picks next year that we can still in theory use this year if we wanted to get back into the top 10. 

Just now, oland11 said:

I can’t wait to listen to all the howie hate on WIP because we traded back when in reality we now have (potentially) 3 first round picks next year that we can still in theory use this year if we wanted to get back into the top 10. 

I´m in for any Howie hate really. I hate this trade down but if this gets Howie out the door, I´ll be the bigges fan of this trade

• Like 1