Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

5 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Still seems like a trade they could've waiting until draft day for and possibly gave up a lot less.

Or more if teams wanted a QB and there was one there.
Like if the Panthers can’t trade with Atlanta (highly likely) and the Bengals do what they always do and stand pat...and Lance/Fields is sitting there the Phins get priced out.

But yeah on our side of things it’s maybe why they should’ve waited.

9 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Still seems like a trade they could've waiting until draft day for and possibly gave up a lot less.

This tells me it is true that Lurie wanted no QB this year and they listed. 

As an Eagles haven I have come to loath the draft. Even if DeVonta Smith falls to 12, it would feel like last year when we could´ve had Ceede. 

I for one would like to take this moment and thank Suds for being so awful that he not only will block the WFT from getting a QB as all the top 5 guys are likely gone by 15, but also gifted us this extra first.

hell it might be even more if we open up the bidding for teams at 12

• Like 1

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

As an Eagles haven I have come to loath the draft. Even if DeVonta Smith falls to 12, it would feel like last year when we could´ve had Ceede. 

Ehhh I don't think so. Last year they would've needed to trade up. This year they get an extra 1st out of it. I think this one feels different.

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Nah, there was a massive huge tier break after Lamb to Reagor. Chase and Smith are just different. I wanted Chase bad but Smith and an extra 1st is pretty sweet 

17 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Short term dumb but long term smart. We still have a decent 1st round pick this year. We'll have a top 10 next draft (probably) and we'll have plenty of ammo in the can in case we need to draft a QB. If Hurts is awesome then we'll have potentially 3 firsts. We also changed a 5th into a 4th. We'll also be completely out of cap space hell in 2022 as well. 

Not horrible. For those complaining because J Chase isn't an option anymore ask yourselves this "Would he have been the missing piece?"

So shuffle your draft boards and redo your mocks. 😁

Go Birds

MC

We weren't winning this year anyways. Love this as a whole. Question is. 1. Would Chase even have made it to us? 2. Would we have been able to make Chase what he's capable of? (We don't know how well he'd turn out under Sirianni)

Just now, eagles26 said:

Take a deep breath, twas just a joke

I'm not the one that needs to take a deep breath. There's people who are whining all over twitter about this trade because GRRR HOWIE BAD. But if we did something basically identical to this 2 years ago then they'd be praising him "HOWIESZN"

Just now, Danger said:

I'm not the one that needs to take a deep breath. There's people who are whining all over twitter about this trade because GRRR HOWIE BAD. But if we did something basically identical to this 2 years ago then they'd be praising him "HOWIESZN"

It's almost like most people on Twitter are idiots