Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Did Andre Dillard not work out?

TBD He looked good for a couple games his rookie year, then had that bad Seattle game where he had to play RT. Then he was hurt last year. Some reports came out that he’s a bit of a head case (like gets a bit frazzled or maybe some arrogance issues). But like he played fine.

The kicker is Jordan Mailata, that Aussie Rugby kid we drafted on a 7th Flyer, actually looked pretty good at LT. He’s massive, strong and fluid. So if he’s the LT it throws into question what to do with Dillard. Especially because Dillard showed him being a swing tackle was maybe not the best idea and he’s not really a guard type of guy.

Personally I’ve said he’s tradable, but that’s an insane take to some people here. Real chance this is the apex of his value, you have plausible reasons why he’s available and could get like the Chiefs 2nd for him or something like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

TBD He looked good for a couple games his rookie year, then had that bad Seattle game where he had to play RT. Then he was hurt last year. Some reports came out that he’s a bit of a head case (like gets a bit frazzled or maybe some arrogance issues). But like he played fine.

The kicker is Jordan Mailata, that Aussie Rugby kid we drafted on a 7th Flyer, actually looked pretty good at LT. He’s massive, strong and fluid. So if he’s the LT it throws into question what to do with Dillard. Especially because Dillard showed him being a swing tackle was maybe not the best idea and he’s not really a guard type of guy.

Personally I’ve said he’s tradable, but that’s an insane take to some people here. Real chance this is the apex of his value, you have plausible reasons why he’s available and could get like the Chiefs 2nd for him or something like that.

Ugh. What a disappointment that he’s basically ineffective here. I’d backflip if we could get a 2nd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Someone who gets it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

You aren't getting more than a 3rd for Dillard. The question is, with our OL injuries over the past couple of years, is it better for us to have an extra OT that can play or an extra 3rd round pick? I for one am happy with an open competition at LT. If Dillard comes in and beats out Jordan Mailata, that is great news cause we now have two solid options at LT... and Mailata showed us last year he has potential to be a fantastic swing Tackle(which is invaluable with Lane's injury history).

If there is one position I would like to have too much talent at its OT.... I would keep Dillard and see how he looks in the offseason. If the new staff doesn't like him they will have an opportunity to flip him when another team looses their LT.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You aren't getting more than a 3rd for Dillard. The question is, with our OL injuries over the past couple of years, is it better for us to have an extra OT that can play or an extra 3rd round pick? I for one am happy with an open competition at LT. If Dillard comes in and beats out Jordan Mailata, that is great news cause we now have two solid options at LT... and Mailata showed us last year he has potential to be a fantastic swing Tackle(which is invaluable with Lane's injury history).

If there is one position I would like to have too much talent at its OT.... I would keep Dillard and see how he looks in the offseason. If the new staff doesn't like him they will have an opportunity to flip him when another team looses their LT.

That’s all well and good for the Eagles but those guys are going to want to play. And ultimately max out their revenue potential. Can’t just sit on talent. A player for player trade would be most desirable for me because, like you said, more than a third is most likely improbable. I’m giving Jordan the reigns and trading Dillard for a DE, CB, S or WR. Hopefully at least semi established. 

• Like 1

I’m a Cowboy fan... and don’t understand the flack Roseman gets around Philli. He pulled off a great out of the box deal for nothing. They are throwing next year away but so what? Giants and Skins are better clubs going into next year. They only problem is if Jaylon gets injured or cannot be properly evaluated. In that case, trade up for the QB and call it a day. Not sure who’s coming out of next year’s draft though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I’m a Cowboy fan... and don’t understand the flack Roseman gets around Philli. He pulled off a great out of the box deal for nothing. They are throwing next year away but so what? Giants and Skins are better clubs going into next year. They only problem is if Jaylon gets injured or cannot be properly evaluated. In that case, trade up for the QB and call it a day. Not sure who’s coming out of next year’s draft though.

It's all because none of the players drafted in the past 5 seasons have panned out. Coincidentally, that's the entire time that Doug Pederson's been coach. We started out great and steadily declined. The players that were here from before Pederson were still in their prime and still contributing, but when they waned and the new players that Pederson failed to develop didn't take their place, we fell. 

In Howie's first tenure here, we had a more reasonable rate of draft successes and busts, obviously there were the bad picks like Watkins and Marcus Smith, but we also had Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham.

I know most people will just like to blame Howie since it's easy, but I am of the firm belief that Doug was the primary reason for our failures. Will is get better now that Doug is gone? I think so, but will it be enough.

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's all because none of the players drafted in the past 5 seasons have panned out. Coincidentally, that's the entire time that Doug Pederson's been coach. We started out great and steadily declined. The players that were here from before Pederson were still in their prime and still contributing, but when they waned and the new players that Pederson failed to develop didn't take their place, we fell. 

In Howie's first tenure here, we had a more reasonable rate of draft successes and busts, obviously there were the bad picks like Watkins and Marcus Smith, but we also had Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham.

I know most people will just like to blame Howie since it's easy, but I am of the firm belief that Doug was the primary reason for our failures. Will is get better now that Doug is gone? I think so, but will it be enough.

I do feel like Sirianni was in part brought in to develop players which seemed to be a failure of dougs era.

• Like 1