Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I feel like Eagles biggest need right now are weapons for Hurts. Regardless this is a rebuilding year for you guys, you can still get quality defenders in this draft. Every Sunday watching Carson deliver balls to players that just kept on dropping them had been frustrating to watch the last couple seasons. I would hate for hurts to have the same issues 

I think CB and WR are the biggest needs. We have literally nobody opposite Slay. Although if one of Smith or Waddle is there I'd be bummed if we passed, even for a Surtain/Horn. Wentz missed a lot of guys last year, I'm not so sure that drops were a major issue for us in 2020. I'd like to see the numbers on that. Wentz was a bigger detriment to the receivers, tight ends and backs than they were to him.

4 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I feel like Eagles biggest need right now are weapons for Hurts. Regardless this is a rebuilding year for you guys, you can still get quality defenders in this draft. Every Sunday watching Carson deliver balls to players that just kept on dropping them had been frustrating to watch the last couple seasons. I would hate for hurts to have the same issues 

I don't think the drop thing is true. I'm sure some where dropped but wentz was bringing down the entire team and sucking the air out of each game with his nonsense 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

11 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Our biggest need right now is a new GM and QB. The only reason Hurts is our starter for 2021 is because we couldn't afford to move up to #2 for Zach Wilson and Deshaun Watson went full Weinstein.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I don't think the drop thing is true. I'm sure some where dropped but wentz was bringing down the entire team and sucking the air out of each game with his nonsense 

I was referring more to 2019. He was def the problem last season during the games I saw. 

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Our biggest need right now is a new GM and QB. The only reason Hurts is our starter for 2021 is because we couldn't afford to move up to #2 for Zach Wilson and Deshaun Watson went full Weinstein.

Oh so Eagles nation DOESNT like Hurts? I didn’t even realize that lol

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Funny how things change over a few months? I'm sure if he wins a few games here or there,  flip flopping will occur again. Always do.

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Funny how things change over a few months? I'm sure if he wins a few games here or there,  flip flopping will occur again. Always do.

Did anyone ever really like Hurts? I think people were just done with Wentz and thought Hurts couldn't do any worse. 

30 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Did anyone ever really like Hurts? I think people were just done with Wentz and thought Hurts couldn't do any worse. 

He was fun for a couple weeks. But yeah the contrast to Carson’s abysmal play style and attitude definitely helped.

16 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I never wanted Hurts to start despite how awful Carson was because I knew it would be fun for a week or two but it would be worse for the long haul and here we are...

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I never wanted Hurts to start despite how awful Carson was because I knew it would be fun for a week or two but it would be worse for the long haul and here we are...

Guess it just depends on how you feel about Wentz. If you don't like Wentz and are happy to see him gone then Hurts probably expedited his departure. 

On 4/12/2021 at 6:42 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

Jeezla has no love in his soul to like anything, so......lol 

I've decided to be optimistic for Hurts. He is fun to watch at least. We'll see what we gives us this year. 

16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Jeezla has no love in his soul to like anything, so......lol 

I've decided to be optimistic for Hurts. He is fun to watch at least. We'll see what we gives us this year. 

I like Jalen Hurts the person, I just don't care for Jalen Hurts the QB since he was at Bama. There are plenty of players I like, I just don't care for poor mans Mike Vick. Get me a QB that shreds defenses for 4500+ yards through the air each year, not one who throws for 3500-4000 yards and has to run for another 500+ for defenses to respect him. It's fine if they can run, but it should be a last resort, not their primary skill.
I wouldn't want us to trade our 2nd straight up for Lamar, the former MVP still in the prime of career, because I just don't think you can win a SB with a QB where throwing the ball is the 2nd best thing they do. One of the reasons I have no problem with moving up for Fields is because he's a better thrower than runner. Trey Lance, not so much.

Edited by Jeezla