Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I personally love him and his tape, even before the scheme change which makes him and even better fit.

But I get where someone might come into criticizing him against guys like Farley or Horn during this process. There is a certain “potential allure” to them and speed is always so important.

What was PS2’s pro day like?

His tape speaks for itself. 

There's no reason to criticize him against Farley or Horn those two should be compared against each other because they're a tier below Surtain. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The point still stands.

If both Surtain and Horn are on the board then taking Horn over Surtain is just like taking Jefferson over Reagor. 

Reagor was coming off a mediocre year and tested worse than anyone thought he would. Horn isn't that bad in comparison. 

As an unbiased outsider, I can't decide what to think about this trade.  While it's ALWAYS nice to stock up on first round picks (even future ones), going from 6th overall to 12th overall may cause you to lose out on elite talent that you won't be able to get just 6 picks later.  It's not a disaster of a deal, probably, but it's not a home run either.  I guess it will just take time to know if it was the right thing to do.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Reagor was coming off a mediocre year and tested worse than anyone thought he would. Horn isn't that bad in comparison. 

Surtain is leaps and bounds a better prospect then Horn (and I don't mind Horn). There's no debate about who the superior prospect is.

However, given this teams inability to draft talent and this boards infatuation with lesser prospects I fully expect us to do something stupid like take Horn over Surtain and for everyone here to defend it. 

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As an unbiased outsider, I can't decide what to think about this trade.  While it's ALWAYS nice to stock up on first round picks (even future ones), going from 6th overall to 12th overall may cause you to lose out on elite talent that you won't be able to get just 6 picks later.  It's not a disaster of a deal, probably, but it's not a home run either.  I guess it will just take time to know if it was the right thing to do.  Best of luck.

“Time will tell.....”

-Uncle Buck 

Scalding hot take by UB. Uncle Buck, everyone! 

With everyone panicking over taking a QB (top 3-4 picks) Howie legit had his choice of the #1 rated Player at several different possible positions WR, CB, DL, OL..... being there at #6.

Probably worried he'd F that up too so now the built in excuse as to why we didn't draft A, B or C is already there.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I personally love him and his tape, even before the scheme change which makes him and even better fit.

But I get where someone might come into criticizing him against guys like Farley or Horn during this process. There is a certain “potential allure” to them and speed is always so important.

What was PS2’s pro day like?

He ran a 4.42 so speed isnt a concern for surtain. That's plenty fast.

You know who else ran a 4.42 at his pro day?

JJAW

35 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Surtain is leaps and bounds a better prospect then Horn (and I don't mind Horn). There's no debate about who the superior prospect is.

However, given this teams inability to draft talent and this boards infatuation with lesser prospects I fully expect us to do something stupid like take Horn over Surtain and for everyone here to defend it. 

I would hope we take surtain is hes there hoping that our new db scout defensive coordinator knows what hes looking at