James Gunn's Suicide Squad - Out now on HBOmax & Theaters

Deadpulse

5 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

only thing I didn’t like is how OP Harley is fighting. Just not believable to me. Went from a doctor to a crazy person who can take 30 people by herself 

There’s a shark in it that talks and didn’t die after being shot about two hundred times I think you’ll be alright.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

There’s a shark in it that talks and didn’t die after being shot about two hundred times I think you’ll be alright.

In that universe after a talking croc from the first one, and a giant starfish. I can believe those

Edited by Fresh Prince

I thought Polka Dot Man's mom joke was used just a little too much. It was pretty damn funny the first time in the jungle when the entire team was his mom, but then it was used like 6-7 more times.

Gunn did a pretty good job making Ratcatcher 2 the heart of this movie, and Taika's cameo as the original Ratcatcher was spot on perfect for what the movie needed and his allegory about Rats being the world's most despised things but still having beauty and use was a nice touch.  Honestly, that part of the movie made Ratcatcher 2 my favorite part of the movie.

Elba was just kind of, Ok.  He did a solid job with what he had to work with, I just didn't think the character was written that well.

It's a shame that Rick Flagg won't be a part of anything future in these or associated properties, because I think Kinneman actually settled into the role nicely.  However, it did give the movie the stakes you needed.

I thought Cena's Peacemaker was probably the best written character and the role really could have been something special if there was a better actor in the role.  Cena wasn't bad per se, but I don't think he elevated the material at all either.

Of Robie's performances as Harley Quinn, I thought this one was by far the best, but I agree with who said above they are making her a little OP considering she has no actual powers because she is the most marketable character.

I loved what we got from King Shark in the trailers.  Was a little let down with what we got in the movie. He was pretty much there to give the people who fetish gore in movies something to get excited about.

Overall, a big improvement from Ayer's movie but I still see it as a B/B+ kind of movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

and Viola Davis needs to play more villainous roles

She is perfect for Amanda Waller.

Only person who would possibly be better is CCH Pounder....if she were 15 or 20 years younger.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought Cena's Peacemaker was probably the best written character and the role really could have been something special if there was a better actor in the role.  Cena wasn't bad per se, but I don't think he elevated the material at all either.

On the other hand, this is the first time I’ve seen Cena in something and didn’t groan at it 

• Like 1