James Gunn's Suicide Squad - Out now on HBOmax & Theaters

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This seems quick for a 2nd trailer? Did they put something out due to the negative backlash of the first?

I was wondering the same thing, but it seemed like the first trailer was getting fairly decent reviews from many people.  I thought it sucked, and Im sure many others did to, but it seemed like most of the YouTube videos I saw of it had a fair high like to dislike ratio.

I dont know why they did it, but Im glad they did.    Much like you, Im still not extremely optimistic for the mere fact that we have been down this road several times before.....but this trailer at least got me interested.   More than I can say about the first one.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2021 at 7:39 AM, Fresh Prince said:

From a line in one of the trailers.

at what point in this universe was Elbas character suppose to have put Superman man the ICU?

Don't look for any continuity in the DC movies, at least not at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Early stuff coming in:

The Suicide Squad isn’t so much a reboot or a sequel to 2016’s Suicide Squad as it is a complete do-over -- and this time, they knocked it out of the park. In fact, this irreverent, ultra-violent romp featuring F-list villains is DC’s best film in years.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-suicide-squad-review

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

figured that was gonna be the case

There was no way it wasn't going to be better than the first, but I wasn't quite expecting this reaction so far either. That said, Gunn turned an unknown to most people into one of the best in the Marvel series.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

There was no way it wasn't going to be better than the first, but I wasn't quite expecting this reaction so far either. That said, Gunn turned an unknown to most people into one of the best in the Marvel series.

Im a huge Gunn fan. Everything he made was pretty great

On 7/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, MikeT14 said:

Sometimes people just want to have fun at the movies. And that’s all they really need. 

It seems like a lot of people, especially around here, are way too worried about universes and connectivity, but we often lose site that the general viewing audience doesn’t give a ratsass about that stuff. They just want to see actors they know, having fun, and big action sets with stuff blowing up. 

Im very excited to see this multiple times

• Like 4

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Sometimes people just want to have fun at the movies. And that’s all they really need. 

It seems like a lot of people, especially around here, are way too worried about universes and connectivity, but we often lose site that the general viewing audience doesn’t give a ratsass about that stuff. They just want to see actors they know, having fun, and big action sets with stuff blowing up. 

Im very excited to see this multiple times

Its less about the connectivity of the universe and more about HOW they failed as a whole.   Of course movies can work as stand alone flicks and I dont think anyone ever argued that, but the success of a well established movieverse can drive films in a franchise to success that it might not otherwise have.   Marvel is proof of that.   Numerous films in the MCU were driven by the existing universe.

Beyond setting up a cohesive universe, WB has utterly failed to show any consistency with its DC movies....and thats the biggest issue.   The MCU was pretty damn consistent from Iron Man 1 through Infinity War, and that absolutely helped fuel their movies.    If they were as inconsistent as WB has been, they wouldnt have had NEARLY the financial success.

Same applies to this movie.   It might be a really fun movie and it should do pretty well at the box office....but if WB was more consistent with their past movies in the DCEU, it wouldve drove stronger interest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Its less about the connectivity of the universe and more about HOW they failed as a whole.   Of course movies can work as stand alone flicks and I dont think anyone ever argued that, but the success of a well established movieverse can drive films in a franchise to success that it might not otherwise have.   Marvel is proof of that.   Numerous films in the MCU were driven by the existing universe.

You’re not wrong here, but you’re also in the small minority that is bothered by this when deciding weather or not to see a singular film. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You’re not wrong here, but you’re also in the small minority that is bothered by this when deciding weather or not to see a singular film. 

You're looking at it like we aren't going to see something because it isn't connected. How about we go to it only because it is connected ala Captain Marvel. It can go both ways.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Perhaps not many care about connectivity to a larger movieverse, but many people will not be so inclined to go to a particular movie if its part of a franchise that has let them down before.

Suicide Squad should do pretty good IMO, for a number of reasons, but its undeniable the movie would have more hype and excitement around it if the DCEU was even remotely close to what the MCU was.