James Gunn's Suicide Squad - Out now on HBOmax & Theaters

Deadpulse

14 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The real test of comic book movie fatigue (if Covid doesn't shut everything down again) will be how Shang Chi and The Eternals perform for Marvel.  The shows were hits, and they've done a good job continuing the story to the next phase, but are people ready for new properties and characters with the juggernaut that is the MCU backing them up?  That will be a big test.  My twins are MCU die hards (14 years old) and they seem a bit luke warm on Shang Chi, and aren't as sure with The Eternals.  I honestly think I am more excited for those than they are.

The further they get away from the core Avengers team, the less non-comic fans will care. I also think it could be a big mistake to go so big after IW/Endgame. I think they should have done more global/local events and villains. Keep everything grounded for bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

The further they get away from the core Avengers team, the less non-comic fans will care. I also think it could be a big mistake to go so big after IW/Endgame. I think they should have done more global/local events and villains. Keep everything grounded for bit.

Except they still have Xmen and FF in their back pocket. They are fine. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Wolverine, prior to the MCU, was the second most marketable Marvel property next to Spider-Man. 

I just hope they dont bring Jackman back.    Logan ended his Wolverine perfectly.    Move on and create new versions of these characters.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

I just hope they dont bring Jackman back.    Logan ended his Wolverine perfectly.    Move on and create new versions of these characters.

Hugh had an interview recently that strongly suggested that even if he had interest, Fiege don't.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Hugh had an interview recently that strongly suggested that even if he had interest, Fiege don't.

Part of me is hoping that they're trying to keep a cameo secret in Spiderman, Dr Strange, or even Deadpool. But Jackman is too old to play Logan for another decade+. So I think we see him as a variant in the multiverse or in a Deadpool cameo at most.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Part of me is hoping that they're trying to keep a cameo secret in Spiderman, Dr Strange, or even Deadpool. But Jackman is too old to play Logan for another decade+. So I think we see him as a variant in the multiverse or in a Deadpool cameo at most.

If he shows up in Deadpool, its as Hugh Jackman IMO

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 43M said:

One of those is not like the other...

Going off prior adaptations yeah, but Fantastic 4 could easily be a great franchise. Like the comics and what they get into is way crazier and more fun than any non-comic adaptation has even tried to scratch. them just being in the world with the rest of Marvel gives them something a lot different.

If they nail the casting it should do better then a lot of other stuff. It should be a lot more of an easy franchise than the giant task of dealing with the mutants.

The first Xmen movie should do crazy well. But like keeping up with all the mutants will be a chore for GA people. I suspect a lot of mutant stuff is coming to Disney+ at some point, mutants will show up in a ton of other stuff too I’d imagine. They’ll be everywhere in the next 5 years.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

For us, sure. For the general masses, I'm not so sure.

It’ll be a take a ride with us year for the GA people no doubt. Like even though they are getting two OG Avengers things this year in BW and Hawkeye, they aren’t the big moneymakers. The carrot at the end of the stick for 2021 is Spider-Man, that will get people hyped. But yeah Eternals will probably need more marketing to get people to care. Like I’m 100% down for whatever and I don’t really care all that much.

I think they need to introduce a little more what things are building to. And I think we might see that in Shang-chi as a post credit thing, like maybe a hint at what team people should look forward to. So far we have Val’s “Dark” Avengers team and Kang as hints towards the future.

2022 they are getting a new Thor with the GotG in it, A new Black Panther and a Doctor Strange which will continue to get a lot of hype even though that wasn’t one of their bigger releases. All are fairly core Marvel at this point. On top of The Marvels probably doing well like the last one did.

They are definitely going to lose people on some of the stuff, it’s just a lot. Like Next year will have 4 movies and 4+ shows just like this year did. And that seems like will be the norm for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Going off prior adaptations yeah, but Fantastic 4 could easily be a great franchise. Like the comics and what they get into is way crazier and more fun than any non-comic adaptation has even tried to scratch. them just being in the world with the rest of Marvel gives them something a lot different.

If they nail the casting it should do better then a lot of other stuff. It should be a lot more of an easy franchise than the giant task of dealing with the mutants.

The first Xmen movie should do crazy well. But like keeping up with all the mutants will be a chore for GA people. I suspect a lot of mutant stuff is coming to Disney+ at some point, mutants will show up in a ton of other stuff too I’d imagine. They’ll be everywhere in the next 5 years.

Fantastic 4 would be better being introduced in another movie or even 2 before getting another stand alone flick.    Introduce them to the audience and build them up, and THEN, MAYBE....it could work.    They have a bad reputation and they arent really characters that are extremely appealing.     

Perfect casting would probably be the long time suggested casting of Jon Krasynski and Emily Blunt.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Fantastic 4 would be better being introduced in another movie or even 2 before getting another stand alone flick.    Introduce them to the audience and build them up, and THEN, MAYBE....it could work.    They have a bad reputation and they arent really characters that are extremely appealing.     

Perfect casting would probably be the long time suggested casting of Jon Krasynski and Emily Blunt.

I have a feeling they might be introduced in Quantumania. Peyton Reed is a F4 nut, has tried to make a film forever with them, and the fact that’s coming earlier in the same year makes me think that’s how they’ll bring them in. Not that Ant-man & The Wasp is the biggest property to intro them, but would tie them in to some bigger stuff with a Kang being in that film.

They could definitely, wouldn’t hate it…especially with Emily. At this point I think they’ve aged out a tad, not that they are that old but both of them starting it in their 40s might not be the best idea. Think they should be looking like mid 30s for Reed and Ben, late 20s-early 30s for Sue and Early 20s for Johnny. Like don’t go too young like the last one, but gives them longer to play these roles. I’m still down for Ana de Armas as Sue, think she’d be good at playing the softer side of that character while still doing all the other sides of her. Emily did a good job in Quiet Place kinda doing that too. It’s the most important role of the 4, so they got to nail that and not whiff on Reed.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I have a feeling they might be introduced in Quantumania. Peyton Reed is a F4 nut, has tried to make a film forever with them, and the fact that’s coming earlier in the same year makes me think that’s how they’ll bring them in. Not that Ant-man & The Wasp is the biggest property to intro them, but would tie them in to some bigger stuff with a Kang being in that film.

They could definitely, wouldn’t hate it…especially with Emily. At this point I think they’ve aged out a tad. Think they should be looking like mid 30s for Reed and Ben, late 20s-early 30s for Sue and Early 20s for Johnny. Like don’t go too young like the last one, but gives them longer to play these roles. I’m still down for someone like Ana de Armas as Sue, think she’d be good at playing the softer side of that character while still doing all the other sides of her. Emily did a good job in Quiet Place kinda doing that too. It’s the most important role of the 4, so they got to nail that and not whiff on Reed.

I mean, I get what youre are saying, but I dont think age will be as big of a factor as it would be for other roles.

First off, I do NOT think they should do another F4 origin story.    Just have them already exist, even if its from another dimension.   That would mean you wouldnt need younger actors because they could already be the F4 for 10 or so years.    RDJ started as Iron Man at 42, so young could definitely have them be a big part of the universe, even when they are both pushing or even over 50.       Although, if they wait another 5 or so years before making this all happen, then yes, it might be smarter to go a little younger.   But I dont thinking you need them to be in their 20s and 30s unless its going to be another origin.

Secondly, even if you introduce them in Quantamania....perhaps have another film where you could build them up after that en route to a F4 movie.    

I just think that they will be very careful with how they handle F4.   I cant see them putting another huge amount of money into a film unless they have all their ducks in a row.   Then again, this is Hollywood....but at least Feige is smarter than most, which isnt saying much.