Chris Grier & the Multitrade of Madness

Tetsujin

26 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

The Falcons’ talent is better than their poor record and may not be selecting this high for awhile. I think they go Lance and have him sit a year.

You may well be right, I think Ryan has a few more years yet but you are right in the fact they may not see that high a pick for sometime so could be sensible.

I suppose they could take a QB and try and flip Ryan to someone like Pats or Bears too.

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

You may well be right, I think Ryan has a few more years yet but you are right in the fact they may not see that high a pick for sometime so could be sensible.

I suppose they could take a QB and try and flip Ryan to someone like Pats or Bears too.

This could be, but I don’t see Arthur Blank getting any younger and I think he will want to put all his chips in on Matty Ice for 2 more seasons by surrounding him with exceptional talent.

As for a trade with Carolina, I don’t think Carolina can afford to trade up for a QB with a division rival.  We would be talking extreme compensation in this scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, Swampbilly said:

This could be, but I don’t see Arthur Blank getting any younger and I think he will want to put all his chips in on Matty Ice for 2 more seasons by surrounding him with exceptional talent.

As for a trade with Carolina, I don’t think Carolina can afford to trade up for a QB with a division rival.  We would be talking extreme compensation in this scenario.

That’s the problem Panthers have. I wouldn’t even be in discussions with them if I’m the Panthers unless they are convinced the player is not the answer and also they would need a Kings Ransom, I haven’t seen any mock drafts even consider Bengals trading down.

I actually think ATL is more inclined to take Sewell as it could extend Matt Ryan's run for 3-4 more years.  And if they are bad again, They will have a generational OT to help whatever young QB they draft in a year or two.  If Sewell falls, I think CIN takes him.  CIN can grab R. Moore/Bateman/E. Moore top of 2nd round.

My hope is ATL stays put and drafts one of Lance/Fields/Jones.  QB's go 1-2-3-4.  CIN stays put and takes Sewell.  CAR panics because they need to jump DET (Who is looking to trade back) Comes to MIA with #8 and 2022 1st.  CAR takes last QB and Miami still gets Chase or Pitts.  This would be legendary.

• Like 4

On 4/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, Rgossett07 said:

I actually think ATL is more inclined to take Sewell as it could extend Matt Ryan's run for 3-4 more years.  And if they are bad again, They will have a generational OT to help whatever young QB they draft in a year or two.  If Sewell falls, I think CIN takes him.  CIN can grab R. Moore/Bateman/E. Moore top of 2nd round.

My hope is ATL stays put and drafts one of Lance/Fields/Jones.  QB's go 1-2-3-4.  CIN stays put and takes Sewell.  CAR panics because they need to jump DET (Who is looking to trade back) Comes to MIA with #8 and 2022 1st.  CAR takes last QB and Miami still gets Chase or Pitts.  This would be legendary.

We now know Atlanta is looking to trade out of pick number 4 as reports have broke in the last 48 hrs.  Obviously Grier trading out of 3 is hurting Atlanta, because nobody really wants to give up multiple 1st round picks to move up for the 4th QB drafted in a class........ and IMO after Lawrence, Wilson, Fields (that is correct FIELDS) there isn't another QB worth moving up for in this class.  I think Atlanta is going to be stuck at 4 and I think they draft Pitts.

Sewell is certainly a legit option for Atlanta at 4, but I don't see Sewell as the "generational" OT that some others do.  He has some great film but he also has some not so great film and this is a Great draft for OT's (talented and deep).  Additionally, Atlanta has a good OT in Jake Mathews on one side and their big young 2019 first round pick on the other side........it may be a bit early to call it quits on their 2019 first round pick.....especially since he showed good improvement from 2019-2020.

I believe Atlanta will be stuck with pick 4 and they see Pitts as the BPA and love the mismatches he can bring when paired with Atlanta's already dynamic Receiver group.  I see this as a good thing for Miami, because I don't believe Pitts helps us near as much as Chase or Smith.  We don't need more production from the TE position and we don't need another tall long armed receiver on the outside that doesn't get significant separation........we need the route running separation skills that Devonta Smith can bring.

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Fields

4. Pitts

5. Chase

6. Smith

On 4/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, Rgossett07 said:

With the trade for Darnold, I doubt Carolina moves up for a QB. I can see Denver attempting to make the leap to 4 or 6 though depending on who is available.  

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Obviously Grier trading out of 3 is hurting Atlanta, because nobody really wants to give up multiple 1st round picks to move up for the 4th QB drafted in a class..

So glad Grier was the first to pull the trigger and get the trading game going. Leaving all the other teams to play catch-up. 

Oops, I forgot "2021 NFL Executive of the Year" Grier, can't leave off his official title. Shame on me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

With the trade for Darnold, I doubt Carolina moves up for a QB. I can see Denver attempting to make the leap to 4 or 6 though depending on who is available.  

I wrote that post several days before the Darnold trade. I don’t see Mia moving back now. Unless Denver is in love with someone that happens to fall. 

10 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I wrote that post several days before the Darnold trade. I don’t see Mia moving back now. Unless Denver is in love with someone that happens to fall. 

I agree on Miami likely staying put at 6. On draft night, they will likely demand a ransom to come off that 6th pick if their guy (Pitts, Chase in my opinion)  is there. For the right offer, Smith or Waddle isn't that bad. Generally, unless you are picking 1st you cant afford to fall in love with just 1 player.  I like Pitts, I think Calvin Johnson, as do many, but you don't have to have a Calvin Johnson to win a Superbowl.  

If Atlanta stays at 4 and doesn't pick a QB, I can see us trading back with Denver at 9.  Denver knows they need a QB ( next draft doesn't look great for QB's )and they will want to jump Detroit where in this scenario they will presumably be able to grab their preference of Fields / Jones or Lance.  This is probably best case scenario for us as we will probably be able to add a 2022 1st round pick or a 2nd rounder plus in a multiple pick package, AND we would probably still be able to draft either Smith or Waddle at 9.

Making this the Multi Multi Trade of Complete and Utter Stoopidness LMAO!!!

Edit; If I'm Chris Grier I'm already on the phone with Denver discussing draft day "What if's", reason being is that Denver and Carolina are discussing trade options for Teddy Bridgewater.  If Bridgewater restructures his contract to lower his $22mil cap hit for 2021 then it probably gets done.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

If Atlanta stays at 4 and doesn't pick a QB, I can see us trading back with Denver at 9.  Denver knows they need a QB ( next draft doesn't look great for QB's )and they will want to jump Detroit where in this scenario they will presumably be able to grab their preference of Fields / Jones or Lance.  This is probably best case scenario for us as we will probably be able to add a 2022 1st round pick or a 2nd rounder plus in a multiple pick package, AND we would probably still be able to draft either Smith or Waddle at 9.

Making this the Multi Multi Trade of Complete and Utter Stoopidness LMAO!!!

Edit; If I'm Chris Grier I'm already on the phone with Denver discussing draft day "What if's", reason being is that Denver and Carolina are discussing trade options for Teddy Bridgewater.  If Bridgewater restructures his contract to lower his $22mil cap hit for 2021 then it probably gets done.

I hope that if we have another trade down, it's for a second or third this year.  It's a deep draft in key positions that we need.

3 hours ago, Deadeye said:

I hope that if we have another trade down, it's for a second or third this year.  It's a deep draft in key positions that we need.

I would love for it to be for a second and / or third this year........and that’s certainly possible IMO.  My crystal ball is just so dog gone pessimistic lol.

I’m trading down from 6 in my mock draft simulator lately, and getting PITs 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. I can plug every present and some future holes when I did that, if they don’t bust of course. It’s tempting.

Edited by Tetsujin

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

I’m trading down from 6 in my mock draft simulator lately, and getting PITs 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. I can plug every present and some future holes when I did that, if they don’t bust of course. It’s tempting.

I have done so many of those mock drafts. I like it, provides incentive to research players. I am just ready for the actual draft.