3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, Ftn49 said:

I might actually buy Madden for the first time in 5 years.

I’m a sucker and still buy it every year. I can’t play the game with outdated rosters. It drives me nuts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I’m a sucker and still buy it every year. I can’t play the game with outdated rosters. It drives me nuts. 

I'm in it more for the dynasty mode and the rosters are all editted anyway so it doesn't bug me too much. You have no idea how many superbowls Stafford has led us to.  If it does get to me I can always just download a roster update. Actually I doubt I will get it next year too, I will wait until 23 and get the NCAA game with it.

In a way, way early mock I did I managed to trade down from 12 and pick up an extra 2nd. I took Jones and got Dickerson with the extra pick. So obviously I thought Jones would be worth a shot. 

The difference of course is that i didn't give away several picks to get him and picked up Dickerson a an added bonus. 

• Like 1

Just now, big9erfan said:

In a way, way early mock I did I managed to trade down from 12 and pick up an extra 2nd. I took Jones and got Dickerson with the extra pick. So obviously I thought Jones would be worth a shot. 

The difference of course is that i didn't give away several picks to get him and picked up Dickerson a an added bonus. 

I will be disappointed if we take him, but still very hopeful. 

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Oh, I get that. But if someone is "your guy" and your the HC, don't you go get them? Doesn't matter who it is, you get them.

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, I get that. But if someone is "your guy" and your the HC, don't you go get them? Doesn't matter who it is, you get them.

It's a point of debate for a lot of people. I think it's largely situational. There are times where I think you have to be willing to lose your guy (Josh Garnett) because the juice isn't worth the squeeze. There are other times where I think it makes all the sense in the world (Foster). Like anything it should be measured and considered at each opportunity because it can vary. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, adamq said:

Probably not until pick 3 is made. Then it will either be a party or a hellscape. 🤣

It shouldn't be a hellscape. McCorkle is fine. which is what I'll be saying for the next six years until we have to relitigate the Jimmy G situation with him(I mean, that's how I see it playing out at any rate). But Mac is not awful. That's where it swings out too far the other way. I was okay with him in the first for someone (not us unless he was last left at 12 lol) because it's hard to dispute that he's not a comparable prospect to Tua (particularly given the hip injury). He'll likey be moderately successful with Shanny, have a production that is pretty hyper efficient, but likely isn't considered a top 10 QB. Very similar to the Kirk Cousins / Jimmy G / Derek Carr type. Now, he could surpass that, but really, really hard to bank on being able to project how he's going to transition mentally. But Shanny alone gives all of these guys pretty solid floors. Whoever gets drafted by us, regardless of who it is, is probably no worse than the second qB to come out of this draft, imo 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, Forge said:

I thought I Had heard somewhere that he scrubbed his social media from a pretty big chunk of time. If that's the case, not surprising. I don't usually attribute that with someone who has nothing to hide. 

The bigger question then become how do you scrub your social media and miss the Blake Bortles tweet? 

@rudyZ, is that like quadruple undraftable now? 

Blake Bortles is his smokescreen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I haven't posted much in a while but you might remember that one of my biggest criticisms of drafting is the notion of "your guy". More often than not it leads to overpaying for guys. I understand it when it comes to a high QB pick, because that is the future of your franchise. But in general when there is a "group" of guys that almost all experts rate as being equal I don't believe you should try to "out-think" them all and overpay to get your pick out of what most people consider to be guys with equal potential. Every once in a while you'll be right, but over the long haul (building your team over time) that is a losing strategy. This leadership team has already moved up a few times to get "their guy" only to find out they'd have been better off keep the extra pick and just taking who's available when their turn comes up.