3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/18/who-will-be-the-sixth-quarterback-taken/

Trevor Lawrence will be the first pick in the draft. Zach Wilson will be the second. Another quarterback will go third.

Find it interesting that Florio didn't say Jones would be 3, even in a "most presume Jones will go #3" type blurb. 

Florio can be a blowhard but he's gotten more reliable over the years. At least he's not guessing.

Just now, Forge said:

Cosell on mm is a really good listen. Podcast is still decidedly pro Mac at the end from mm of course, but some good info before that both positively and negatively for all three

Mm really pushing the Mac narrative though. If Peter King says in his article that he still thinks the pick is Mac, there will probably be a big shift in my randomly assigned and arbitrarily selected percentages

I know King is dropping a new article tomorrow, but i think his substantive predictions should come out next Monday April 26. 

I vaguely remember King saying earlier this year that he doesn't have as many sources as he used to in the Niners? Not sure if i misheard. But, if its a guess, i don't think it'll change. If its a source, then as the draft gets closer and more assistant coaches & scouts are informed of the pick, then there could be a lot of leaks. 

57 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I know King is dropping a new article tomorrow, but i think his substantive predictions should come out next Monday April 26. 

I vaguely remember King saying earlier this year that he doesn't have as many sources as he used to in the Niners? Not sure if i misheard. But, if its a guess, i don't think it'll change. If its a source, then as the draft gets closer and more assistant coaches & scouts are informed of the pick, then there could be a lot of leaks. 

Pretty sure he said that well before earlier this year. Thats something we have been talking about for a while now. I think he said that even before last year's draft tbh. His accuracy with 49er reporting has been probably the best in the business, specifically with regards to the draft, over quite a stretch of time. I'm not discounting anything he says. 

That being said, I'm with you that if he's got "sources" and is reporting (similar to what he did last year) that means a whole lot more than if he's just like, "yeah, my feeling is that it's Mac Jones" like he did on Candlestick Chronicles. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

No idea who he is. 

However, he has as much chance as being right as schefty in my opinion. 33.33% (repeating, of course). 

Forget him saying the Niners are locked into Fields......The most important thing he said was he was told by a prominent agency that Fields will be Niner.

This is why I kept saying all the talk of the Jones to Niners rumors would have started from Jones' agent and his team. This is how teams end up getting somewhat of an idea of what teams are thinking. Maybe the Niners are showing immense interest in ALL these QBs where they think their guy will be the pick LOL.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

When you have a chance to invest 3 first round picks and a third into Matt Schaub / Andy Dalton / Kirk cousins, I'm not sure how you pass it up

The RG3 discussions crack me up as if there wasn't a major injury that changed everything. Like there is fault on all parties there but Kyle's dad legit threw RG3 back in there when he was not healthy and he never recovered. Who knows what kind of QB he would have developed into.

But yeah, I'm sure Mike hated coaching Young and Elway L-O-L. Forget dynamic QBs that can beat you in multiple ways, we want statue QBs who are limited!!!!!

Can we hurry up to April 29 already???

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

No one has high praise for Mac Jones when discussing him for us. I know comparisons mean nothing but can I at least get something more than Matt Ryan as his ceiling. 

I've been complaining about this for weeks lol. The reasoning is sooooooo bad. The comps used are so bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

No one has high praise for Mac Jones when discussing him for us. I know comparisons mean nothing but can I at least get something more than Matt Ryan as his ceiling. 

Well, you do have some comparing him to Tom Brady lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been complaining about this for weeks lol. The reasoning is sooooooo bad. The comps used are so bad. 

Like seriously, who trades two firsts and a third for Matt Ryan??

You may stay pat and take him within the top five buy you don't mortgage your future for him...no way.

Derek Carr and Dalton were 2nd round picks. Cousins was a 4th round pick....these are his comps. Make the value add up, somebody? Anybody? You can't...