3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, Forge said:

I am 

But this changes nothing for me, they are super intrigued with Lance and Fields I think one of them is the pick. Mac is basically the safety net back up plan if Lance or Fields don't check out. I hope Lance has a great proday make it hard on us. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Haberman and Middlekauff both are leaning Lance as well. 

Call me crazy, but I don't think Shanny/Lynch 100% knew who they wanted when they traded up with Miami. People in the media think that's blasphemy and York would have never signed off on that but I disagree. I think York has FULL trust in those two and let's those guys roll. I do think they may have had a favorite or two but nothing was a done deal. At first I thought Shanny had his guy from the beginning but now I'm of the opinion no final decision was made. Because can you make a final decision without seeing the QBs in person and talking to them? 

Also, when exactly did they talk to Fields/Lance camps and get them to agree to a 2nd pro day. They were confident when at Alabama's pro day that those two would have another pro day. They weren't going to tip their hand before the trade but it must have happened fairly quickly after the trade. 

I am actually beginning to think this as well

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

But this changes nothing for me, they are super intrigued with Lance and Fields I think one of them is the pick. Mac is basically the safety net back up plan if Lance or Fields don't check out. I hope Lance has a great proday make it hard on us. 

I have to commit to one or the other or else I'm just grinding to nothing, so I'll stick with fields to make money, Lance to break even. I really don't think there's a Mac chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to commit to one or the other or else I'm just grinding to nothing, so I'll stick with fields to make money, Lance to break even. I really don't think there's a Mac chance

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1383966765177131017?s=19

Lol

Yeah I agree I think the picks Fields. But I think it's between Fields or Lance. One of them will be our QB. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am actually beginning to think this as well

Which makes the Jones to SF done deal talks even dumber. They made this move this early in the process for a reason. 

Since you agree with me here, agree with me that Lance will be the pick as well LOL. 

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it possible they where ok with Mac but wanted to do a deep dive on Fields and Lance if they fell in love they go with one of them or if they didn't impress or convince them they go Mac as the safety net. 

Like I don't doubt Shanny likes Jones. I've mentioned plenty of times despite the hate he is receiving, there is a lot to like. He does things at an advanced stage for a college QB, but I just don't think he was ever option #1. But I guess it is possible that worst case scenario if Fields/Lance disappointed they would be fine taking Jones. That's certainly a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which makes the Jones to SF done deal talks even dumber. They made this move this early in the process for a reason. 

Since you agree with me here, agree with me that Lance will be the pick as well LOL. 

I have to wait to update my rankings until tomorrow 😂 

But that happens to be Lance's pro day, so I think the rankings will be pro Lance lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to wait to update my rankings until tomorrow 😂 

But that happens to be Lance's pro day, so I think the rankings will be pro Lance lol

I just love the fact I will still be pumped if Fields is the pick. 

Oh yeah, Fields with his right leg out? Definitely came from Beck via Shanny's command. So Beck's opinion likely matters some when making this QB decision. Another sign this was NOT a done deal at the time of the trade. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just love the fact I will still be pumped if Fields is the pick. 

Oh yeah, Fields with his right leg out? Definitely came from Beck via Shanny's command. So Beck's opinion likely matters some when making this QB decision. Another sign this was NOT a done deal at the time of the trade. 

I've said the same. 100% that was a legit insider knowledge thing from Beck. 

I will say why haven't teams done this before it's pretty freakin smart. Also feels like teams are going to complain. Imagine you have a guy on the inside feeding you his truthful opinion on all the top guys that you can draft. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1