3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You consider 12 Ints in 13 games with 35% of his throws coming behind the line to be solid? 

No, I consider 12 POTENTIAL INTs in 13 games good, which it is. LIS, no QB ever gets all their potential INTs caught by the defender and it is even less than half for some. Josh Allen had like 25 potential INTs and only threw 10. That's how it usually goes. So extrapolate that to a 16 game season and he throws like 8 INTs if half of them are caught. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I consider 12 POTENTIAL INTs in 13 games good, which it is. LIS, no QB ever gets all their potential INTs caught by the defender and it is even less than half for some. Josh Allen had like 25 potential INTs and only threw 10. That's how it usually goes. So extrapolate that to a 16 game season and he throws like 8 INTs if half of them are caught. 

Eh...I'll disagree on that given the offense, but that will be very subjective. 

LIS, it's mainly about the idea that he's he's going to be elite above the shoulders and that it's just going to transition as well as people think it will. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Eh...I'll disagree on that given the offense, but that will be very subjective. 

LIS, it's mainly about the idea that he's he's going to be elite above the shoulders and that it's just going to transition as well as people think it will. 

I mean for one we don't even know if those 8 potential INTs that were dropped were truly interceptable passes or not. But Jones also threw quite a bit of deep passes. The offense seemed like it was mainly at the LOS or a deep ball offense. I want to see at what routes his potential INTs were at. To see if he struggled driving the ball over the defender in zones or was fooled by the defense. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, I've heard Orlovsky say he has played for Shanahan so he knows what he is looking for....But when exactly did he play for Shanny? Was he on the practice squad when Shanny was in Washington or Houston? 

No idea. By the time Orlovsky was in Houston, I think shanny was already in washington 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, I've heard Orlovsky say he has played for Shanahan so he knows what he is looking for....But when exactly did he play for Shanny? Was he on the practice squad when Shanny was in Washington or Houston? 

Must be the Texans i think.

I listened to Cowherd last week talk about Alabama players and he made a pretty good point. He said that a lot of them peak in college, then go to the NFL and have average at best careers. I kind of buy that. If the niners do draft Jones, how good do you think he could get?

I think what you see now is what your going to get. It's also concerning since I do not think he is ready to be a day 1 starter. The way the niners play fake and the lack of snaps under center are things that need to be addressed.

1 minute ago, XScutterX said:

I listened to Cowherd last week talk about Alabama players and he made a pretty good point. He said that a lot of them peak in college, then go to the NFL and have average at best careers. I kind of buy that. If the niners do draft Jones, how good do you think he could get?

I think what you see now is what your going to get. It's also concerning since I do not think he is ready to be a day 1 starter. The way the niners play fake and the lack of snaps under center are things that need to be addressed.

I think he's a guy that in 5 years when he's on a big deal you wonder if he's holding you back. Cleveland is about to go through this with Mayfield in my opinion. I think he's a guy that likely peaks out at the 11-18 range just like Jimmy. I don't think he differentiates himself that pack. 

The coaching is far too often ignored at the college level, but it's also very difficult to quantify. Same with trying to evaluate a kid's mental capability. I think that is why so much emphasis is put on what they can do physically. It just gives you so much more leeway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XScutterX said:

But isn't that really the case for just about any college player. Most Alabama players just have way more success in college which puts their name out there and they usually have a lot of guys that are ready to play day one and don't rely just on pure athleticism like some other schools do. In the end most big colleges have a ton of guys that never make that next step in the NFL and scouting guys based on what others from that same college have done is an awfull way. Its like saying Fields will fail because of all the QB's before him.

With Jones its about how he translates mentally but that really goes for whatever QB you draft. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Well, name the top QBs that he isn't going to beat out... Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, Wilson, Watson. Not putting Brady in the group because Jones' prime would be after he retires. Rodgers is frankly at the edge of that range too. So not in the top 5. Imo, absolute best case senario is 5-10 but most likely 10 to 15, which is where we are with Jimmy.

Edited by Ftn49