3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

We can only say that for so long lol. [B]At some point, someone knows something.[/b] We just keep assuming that people don't know anything...but how do we know it at this point? Graziano had sources that were good enough to apparently know that no selection was made as of 48 hours ago? 

We won't know officially until the pick is made but I can see how a player falls in the draft from this thinking. Players X lock for top 5...doesn't go top 10. Now all those teams 11-20 without any proof use the logic of well something must be wrong cuz Player X was a top 5 lock. So everyone does the group thinking by using "they all can't be wrong". If the league sources knew all the draft talk would have moved to Atlanta pick. 

This is seriously the kind of stuff that just blows my mind and why I will never understand taking Mac at 3.  I mean, not that DJ is the end all be all of talent evaluation. He's had some weird takes before, but would seriously stick with Drew Lock over drafting Mac at their original spot of 9, meanwhile we are investing 3 firsts and a third in that same guy? 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Conspiracy theory, Shanny knew the fans would hate this pick so he had it leaked out right off the bat so they could at least embrace for it and there would be less of a outcry once Mac is chosen lol. 

lol yes this is one of the options i think is real, I also think the niners have been pushing the Mac narrative because they really Dont know what the Jets are doing even tho the media has him locked in at 2. But also we havent dont any public work on Wilson so idk.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is seriously the kind of stuff that just blows my mind and why I will never understand taking Mac at 3.  I mean, not that DJ is the end all be all of talent evaluation. He's had some weird takes before, but would seriously stick with Drew Lock over drafting Mac at their original spot of 9, meanwhile we are investing 3 firsts and a third in that same guy? 

This is why my phone won't be in my hand come our pick. 😆 just in case Mac is the pick. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

yeah, I think it would be wise to take a shot on lance at +500. That was our original plan and it seems like hes just as likely as fields at this point. 

I am choosing to live in denial about Mac jones. 

So maybe we do 50% of our fields bet on Lance? 

Maybe. Feels like grinding it down like crazy though. Worth it if you really think the pick isn't Mac, but that feels like it's diminishing by the day. 

I really, really just want to put down a big one on Lance LOL 

From Frank Davis (@Frankied35): For the love of God, it can’t be Mac at 3!? Would be the biggest reach/most arrogant pick in NFL history … please give me hope that it isn’t.

Frank, I think he could be the 49ers’ pick. And trust me, through my calls over the last week, some of the reaction I’ve gotten is similar to yours. “I don’t think there’s any way in hell they’re taking Mac Jones,” said one exec. “He’s not good enough.” And that, to me, sort of illustrates the beauty of all this. There’s no right or wrong way to look at a quarterback. Every team has its own way of doing it that reflects what it values in the position.

And yes, stylistically, Jones does match up with some of what Kyle Shanahan’s succeeded with at the position in the past. Jones’s rep for having a great head for the game isn’t playing off old stereotypes—it’s who he is. In the MMQB column, we gave you the story of a team that did an install with him a couple of months ago. The other day, they asked him if he remembered the first play they put in front of him.

Jones spit the whole thing back out at them. Remember, this is after two months chock full of Zoom meetings with teams, media appearances, training, etc. I can tell you the team was floored, and it’s not like they didn’t know he was smart to begin with.

Now, we can argue until we’re blue in the face about how much having that kind of mind for the game and recall matters. But you can’t argue it doesn’t matter. It does. And Jones being football brilliant is going to matter as the Niners continue to work out the quarterback decision and approach next Thursday’s finish line.

But other things will matter, too, and that was the whole point of the Niners’ getting the trade done a month early—it’s allowed them to complete the picture on three guys they believe are worthy of the pick. Which takes us to where my conversation with the above executive wound up going next. “The Shanahan offense has worked with a multitude of types of quarterbacks,” he said. “But it really flourished when it had a big athlete with a big arm like John Elway running it. I just think you’re moving up for the special athlete.”

We’ll know soon enough whom the Niners moved up for.

The bolded is what I'm saying. This is madness....This. Is. Sparta!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's going to be Lance or Fields, you guys can relax! 

Just keep paying attention for this weekend and early next weekend.

But is it Lance enough to put down 4K ? I've moved on from who the pick is from a fandom approach. I'm talking money now LOL 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

So is Mac going to be our Mcnabb? lol 

The only way he doesn't take it in shorts for his whole career is he's clearly the best QB of this draft. And Fields and Lance both have to bust. Either QB being good will always have the what if crowd. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/146337-eisen-who-49ers-might-draft-hearing-trey-lance/

"I'm hearing it's Trey Lance," Eisen said on Wednesday. "That's what I'm hearing now. I'm hearing the kid is supremely talented, physically, and neck-up, smart. And also, (he) really wants to learn. Already talking to people, knocking on doors, (asking), 'What can I learn now?' That's what I'm hearing. I'm hearing he's proactively searching out the individuals that evaluate to find out what's up."

Eisen added with a smile: "I'm hearing it might have been Trey Lance all along. How about that?"