Jump to content

3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)


Which QB?  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

    • Trey Lance
      13
    • Justin Fields
      48
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
      29
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

    • Yes
      62
    • No
      26

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Eisen just said on his show today that he's hearing it is Trey Lance for SF. "I'm hearing it was Trey Lance all along."

Add another to the Lance train! 

Someone needs to make a spreadsheet of all these guys predictions lol. 

God I hope it's Lance/Fields idc at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, I was literally just listening to that right now on YouTube.

I just went on 49erstweets (great resource for all things niners btw) and saw it was the most recent article under websites & blogs

Thats a very definitive statement from Eisen. About as close as you can get without actually saying he's 100% the pick 

Eisen isn't as legit as Schefter, Rappaport, King, Breer, Maiocco etc but he's probably on the same level if not better than the Jeremiah, Kiper, Mcshay, Dan Patrick, Michael Lombardi tier etc 

It'll be interesting to see if we start hearing Lance's name more now. This is about the time legit info starts getting out

Edited by 49ersfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

100% good with Lance. I still prefer Fields because I think his arm talent is better, but Lance does have that high potential that is worthy of a high pick. I was all in on Lance at 12, so naturally I think he can be a Franchise signal caller. He does have some unknowns that make me a little uncomfortable after giving up 3 first round picks, but I could definitely get on board with Lance especially if we keep Jimmy around (much like I had brought up when we were at 12. Still Fields for me, but Lance would be my second choice at 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

JFC, this is killing me. 

I really want to bet Lance LOL

I would totally bet your money if I was me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

JFC, this is killing me. 

I really want to bet Lance LOL

I've been telling you Lance for weeks!!! Go put some big money on it!!!! The odds are not going to be great to bet on him in a few days!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All this back and forth is killing me and normally I would tune it out. But it’s nice that we have the team that is grabbing headlines and is creating the the most excitement In this draft, who knows when this will happen again, may as well dive in and enjoy.

 

Im sticking with my Lance or Fields pick, either one and I’m happy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

All this back and forth is killing me and normally I would tune it out. But it’s nice that we have the team that is grabbing headlines and is creating the the most excitement In this draft, who knows when this will happen again, may as well dive in and enjoy.

 

Im sticking with my Lance or Fields pick, either one and I’m happy

I can't think of a previous scenario like this, ever. Its very unique

 

Edited by 49ersfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been telling you Lance for weeks!!! Go put some big money on it!!!! The odds are not going to be great to bet on him in a few days!!!

Its a lot of exposure to a Mac pick, but honestly it's for a big pay day. 4K, which is ostensibly the winshare on a Fields bet at +500 is 20K. I basically would pay 5K to win 20K and collect 24K. Its super tempting regardless of exposure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its a lot of exposure to a Mac pick, but honestly it's for a big pay day. 4K, which is ostensibly the winshare on a Fields bet at +500 is 20K. I basically would pay 5K to win 20K and collect 24K. Its super tempting regardless of exposure. 

But damn, do you REALLY need to be betting THAT much???

I take that back, don't bet on Lance at that amount lol.

Seriously though, I feel pretty good it will be Lance. Thought so from the beginning but Fields was catching on and swayed me a bit after his pro day....Which is pretty normal but Lance is the pick here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But damn, do you REALLY need to be betting THAT much???

I take that back, don't bet on Lance at that amount lol.

Seriously though, I feel pretty good it will be Lance. Thought so from the beginning but Fields was catching on and swayed me a bit after his pro day....Which is pretty normal but Lance is the pick here. 

Do I need to? No. Do I want to? Kind of, yes. Another situation where I think the odds are potentially out of whack and there's a legit payoff opportunity. It's not all that bad. If the pick is Mac, I'm out 5K or so. If the pick is Fields, I basically break even, and if the pick is Lance, I get the big payday. The question is whether or not I truly believe that the pick is Lance..and I kind of feel like at this point that Lance is more likely than Fields. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance just makes a ton of sense, maybe the most sense if you believe what Shanahan has said about QB's in his press conferences since he arrived in SF. Also, what he's said about Josh Allen and the Alex Smith/Mahomes situation. 

The Shanahan's requesting Lance to work with John Beck is no small thing either. Beck has worked with Jimmy, Mullens, and Beathard... 

I also keep coming back to this, I do not think that Kyle wants a rookie starting this year. This is still a very loaded team. Go back and read up about the struggles that Matt Ryan had in 2015. He had to learn how to play QB for Shanny and he was a 7-8 year vet at the time. I 100% buy that they are willing to redshirt whoever they draft at 3 for a year. Might as well draft one with the biggest potential.

That being said, I still prefer Fields.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...