3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge Add Breer to the list of reporters saying the Patriots asked about Jimmy. Don't buy the recent report from Schultz. This is just posturing on both sides and we shall see which one gives in. 

I don't doubt they asked about him earlier. That's well documented. Not sure they are actively looking at him now though. I think that's it's just a lot going on right

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't doubt they asked about him earlier. That's well documented. Not sure they are actively looking at him now though. I think that's it's just a lot going on right

As Bedard stated, the Pats were becoming frustrated with how they were getting shut down and the Niners weren't willing to talk. BB is a shrewd operator, he's not going to just keep calling and look desperate. Both parties know the deal. Again, Jimmy's agent has dealt with the Patriots for years. I know you said Jimmy is an idiot if he demands a trade, but I can see that happening. BB can convince Yee to have his client request a trade and force his way to NE that way. 

But I just don't buy for a second that the Pats aren't interested in Jimmy due to lack of cap space. Nah, that's an easy fix right there. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

So King says we were his personal favorite for Darnold and it turns out we really did have internal discussions about trading for him.

Things that make you go hmmm

We have discussions about everyone, that was leaked out by the Jets. As Breer stated, the Niners having discussions with Darnold essentially found out what the Jets were going to do at #2. Not that it should surprise anyone, but that pretty much assured them that they were going QB, and likely Wilson. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We have discussions about everyone, that was leaked out by the Jets. As Breer stated, the Niners having discussions with Darnold essentially found out what the Jets were going to do at #2. Not that it should surprise anyone, but that pretty much assured them that they were going QB, and likely Wilson. 

But I'm willing to bet that's around the time King said that and is likely the reason for it. 

Over the next four weeks, king is probably the guy to monitor still. If he has the niners taking Mac in the mock he does at the end, I think that's the one worth paying attention to

But I'm willing to bet that's around the time King said that and is likely the reason for it. 

Over the next four weeks, king is probably the guy to monitor still. If he has the niners taking Mac in the mock he does at the end, I think that's the one worth paying attention to

If King and Maiocco both have the same player in their last mock i would say its close to 99% sure that player is the pick.

That's why I'm saying the Jets were the leak here just as the Lions were the leaks when it came to the Stafford rumors.

The Jets were using the Niners to drive up the price for Darnold but it did not work. First you had folks like King and Schefter thinking Darnold could go for a late 1st or high 2nd rounder, and now you are hearing GMs around the league saying maybe for a 3rd rounder. This was all the Jets from the beginning. How do you go from reports of him going for a 2nd to maybe a 3rd rounder in mere weeks? Never made any sense. 

Wow. The Jones hate in here is REAL. It's ridiculous, especially the inference about helping break Shanahan's legs. I realize much of that is kidding....but there's some rage in there as well. Yikes. 

They only one that would really cause me to question the trade up is Lance. I just can't see him being worthy of the top 10. Too raw. 

I can still see a possibility for Wilson to fall into our lap. Don't know which way Shanahan would go if that happened, but I could see it being possible (note I did not say 'probable'--there is a difference!).

The one thing that is real is that we do not know. So, to say "I need to rethink" or consider hurting someone over all this is frankly ridiculous. It's not the forum I am used to, to be honest. 😒  And I've been here since '05.

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow. The Jones hate in here is REAL. It's ridiculous, especially the inference about helping break Shanahan's legs. I realize much of that is kidding....but there's some rage in there as well. Yikes. 

Right? Like Jesus people. It's a game, it's not that big of a deal

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/mmqb-inside-49ers-dolphins-trade-nfl-draft

Agreed with this line of thinking. No need to get rid of Jimmy unless you get a great offer like a team offering up a first rounder. You can use that first rounder to move around the draft and even get some future compensation back that you lost in the Miami trade. 

If we could flip Jimmy for a first, I could kinda forgive them for taking Mac@3. 

Naaaaaaaaah....on second thought, I'd still be 😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

If King and Maiocco both have the same player in their last mock i would say its close to 99% sure that player is the pick.

I would LOVE for them both to go with Jones, just so we can circle back on this lol. 

Still will never forget how Maiocco on his podcast says he doesn't see it being Jones and he's thinking Shanny wants someone athletic like Fields to only a few hours later completely flip to Jones and not even pretend like he heard from certain people but make it seem like it was his opinion...G-T-F-O-H! You don't just change your opinion that soon. It's okay to admit talking to some people (If you notice, he repeated what Simms tweeted, just in his own words) you changed your outlook on this situation, but to put it the way he did? Embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like DJ is switching to Mac as well. 

Well conducted smoke screen by the niners. They've got all the big guys in this direction

I thought he tweeted something today saying he can't see Mac since Kyle sees what the Rams/Packers have at QB? 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would LOVE for them both to go with Jones, just so we can circle back on this lol. 

Still will never forget how Maiocco on his podcast says he doesn't see it being Jones and he's thinking Shanny wants someone athletic like Fields to only a few hours later completely flip to Jones and not even pretend like he heard from certain people but make it seem like it was his opinion...G-T-F-O-H! You don't just change your opinion that soon. It's okay to admit talking to some people (If you notice, he repeated what Simms tweeted, just in his own words) you changed your outlook on this situation, but to put it the way he did? Embarrassing. 

Whatever they say now i take with a grain of salt but if both have the same thing come draft day i am sure there is more than just a feeling what will happen. 

I will say that i think Maiocco on one hand knows more than we do but on the other doesn't know everything. And when he says things even if its not based on something he has heard i think people will take it as something that will happen. Its such a strange dynamic between guys like that and the teams. I always wonder how much more they know than they publish and how much of it is from the guys actually in charge like Shanny, Lynch and Peter or if its more the college scouts and guys on that level.