3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he doesn't, I think the hospital will take the baby back. When we got our puppy, they told us they would take him back if we couldn't handle him, I assume that hospitals and real babies work the same. 

Sure, sure. Absolutely work the same. 

😏

Here's how i think the QB's shake out

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Lance

4. Broncos (trade) - Fields

7. Pats (trade) - Jones

Maybe someone like the Bears, WFT, Steelers, or Saints trade down and take a guy like Trask, Mond, or Mills late in the 1st to get that 5th year option

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why isn't he going #1 if stats are all that matters? His numbers are better than Trevor Lawrence's. Urban can handle a stats sheet just as easily as Kyle. Why isn't he going #2? 

Because Jacksonville and the Jets aren't San Francisco.  Which, along with the stats, explains when and why the consensus switched to Mac Jones.

Just trying to save you some money.

4 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Because Jacksonville and the Jets aren't San Francisco.  Which, along with the stats, explains when and why the consensus switched to Mac Jones.

LOL 

I just can't even. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

LOL 

I just can't even. 

That's the response to someone trying to save you some money????? 😂😂😂

Put it this way, if the Niners don't take Jones, will he go top 5-6? If he's THAT impressive, surely a team will trade up to #4 to take him, right? Or the Falcons take him since they may take Lance if he is there??? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Kyle already said he doesn't care or even look at stats lol 😆. Literal in the press conference they had after the trade. 

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/mac-jones-glowing-scouting-report-explains-49ers-draft-interest

Worth a look, especially to those who think Mac is over-rated. Granted, no elite physical traits. But other traits are worth considering. 

Both anonymous NFL QB coaches give glowing reviews of Jones, with one saying the Alabama star is the "most advanced" QB in the class.

"In my mind, if I had to win right now, this year, he’s the most advanced quarterback of any of them," the coach told Feldman. "I think Trevor’s the best. I’m cosigning on him, but his system adjustment will be much bigger than Mac. Jones is gonna walk in Day One and just have to flip terminology because he’s gonna know pro football. He’s been coached by Sark (Steve Sarkisian). He understands run checks, understands moving protections — not that these others don’t, but he’s on a different level. 

"The question is, are Mac Jones’ physical tools worthy of being a top-5 pick or even first-round? I don’t know that his physical abilities warrant that, but if you tell me that I have to win now, I think his physicals are good enough. How many guys in the history of football in 12 games against top college competition threw for 4,500 yards, throw 41 touchdowns and only four picks and completed 77 percent in a pro system? Some guys at pro days don’t do 77 percent on air."

The second NFL QB coach pointed to when Jones came in for an injured Tua Tagovailoa in 2019, and how Alabama's willingness to alter the offense for him showed he was the real deal.

"I noticed something last year after Tua Tagovailoa got hurt and Mac went in and they stopped running RPOs and started calling dropback stuff, I was like, ‘Oh, they trust him.’ But he’s more than just that. I think he is the best thrower of the football by a lot," the NFL QB coach told Feldman. "Zach Wilson is freaky; but he’s not hitting people in stride on time. Mac is processing. He’s accurate. He’s layering it. He has pinpoint accuracy and throws with anticipation. Those people who say all he did was throw to guys who were wide open and threw from a clean pocket, turn on the A&M, Georgia or the Michigan and Auburn games from last year where he got the s--t beat out of him.  He’s getting hit and he’s getting moved.

Definitely things to consider from actual NFL coaches, instead of us wannabe scouts. 🤪