3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, Dr A W Niloc said:

Some are implying that Mac Jones succeeds solely or almost solely because of the talent around him in Alabama, the most talented team in college.  We are talking about him going to the 49ers, the most talented team in the NFL, where the caliber of receivers will rise, not fall.  WTP?

I said that specifically the YAC stats you keep bringing up are inflated because of those receivers, you still haven't countered.

1 minute ago, adamq said:

I said that specifically the YAC stats you keep bringing up are inflated because of those receivers, you still haven't countered.

He kept bringing up that Mac Jones led the NCAA in screen yards. I wondering if those screen yards are somehow tied to YAC? 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zkvc5b2qxg392e3j8s

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Just absolutely insane.

Ayup.  We're seeing draft profiles like this:

Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

And by this "logic" the stats he produces in the NFL will be similarly "inflated" because the talent there is even better.

In all seriousness though, you can’t take the aberration that is Tom Brady and apply it to every prospect that has a similar scouting report. I can guarantee a greater number of them failed than succeeded. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

In all seriousness though, you can’t take the aberration that is Tom Brady and apply it to every prospect that has a similar scouting report. I can guarantee a greater number of them failed than succeeded. 

If it's any better, someone replied to me in Twitter comping him to peyton. 

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Understood.  How many times have we heard people speak of "...this year's Bob Dylan"?

This is how we use icons.  Brady is the epitome of seam rippers.  This is more a matter of kind than degree.

58 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Understood.  How many times have we heard people speak of "...this year's Bob Dylan"?

This is how we use icons.  Brady is the epitome of seam rippers.  This is more a matter of kind than degree.

What are we doing here...

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What are we doing here...

I'm baffled myself. 

I don't understand how anyone can defend the 49ers drafting Mac Jones. I'd be alright with it if we were originally picking at 3, but that's not the case. Mac Jones isn't a guy you use 3 1st round picks on.