3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sorry, mean your top 5-6 QBs in the league not in the draft. 

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3.  Wilson

4. Brady

5. Allen

6. Watson

Think my top 7 would be something like this but really most can change based on OC and talent around them. I know most of the top ones have the ability to do great work outside of the playcall but i think they also shine inside the structure. But i don't think any of them is as good just because off what they do when it fails. Behind these guys i probably have guys like Ryan, Tannehill, Stafford and Carr rated higher than say a Jackson (mostly because Roman hasn't given a **** about developing him to more of a traditional QB and just cares about running the ball).

Edited by Justone2

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

What should we get out of that? Lol

That he was being very specific to basically give us that specific disclosure. Basically that he knows the pick is Mac, he's telling people it's Mac, but has to be careful to break any terms of his contract and stuff like that. 

45 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3.  Wilson

4. Brady

5. Allen

6. Watson

Think my top 7 would be something like this but really most can change based on OC and talent around them. I know most of the top ones have the ability to do great work outside of the playcall but i think they also shine inside the structure. But i don't think any of them is as good just because off what they do when it fails. Behind these guys i probably have guys like Ryan, Tannehill, Stafford and Carr rated higher than say a Jackson (mostly because Roman hasn't given a **** about developing him to more of a traditional QB and just cares about running the ball).

Four or five of the six QBs on your top list are considered dual threats. The problem isn't about just making plays with your feet and outside the structure of the offense. The problem is acting like Shanahan wouldn’t want one of those guys it QB. If Shanny had a choice between Watson (before allegations) or Jones, who does he take? If he has a choice between Wilson or Jones, who does he take? How about Allen or Jones? You get my point. It is just flat out lazy analysis by guys like Maiocco when they say this crap. No one wants Fields just because he can make plays with his feet, it's also because of how good of a passer he is. 

• Like 3

Crocky lol 😂

"I know people are going to say to me, 'you think you know more than kyle shanahan?'"

"yes, yes I do. If he can't get out of his own way and go get a more talented quarterback, then yes I do feel like I know more than Kyle Shanahan" 

(re: drafting Mac at 3) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Crocky lol 😂

"I know people are going to say to me, 'you think you know more than kyle shanahan?'"

"yes, yes I do. If he can't get out of his own way and go get a more talented quarterback, then yes I do feel like I know more than Kyle Shanahan" 

(re: drafting Mac at 3) 

He’s legit one of the best 49er follows out there, if not the best. Consistently funny and not a ****. And he’s also right to some degree on this. Shanny messes this up he’s going to get looked like a less severe version of McDaniels. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Four or five of the six QBs on your top list are considered dual threats. The problem isn't about just making plays with your feet and outside the structure of the offense. The problem is acting like Shanahan wouldn’t want one of those guys it QB. If Shanny had a choice between Watson (before allegations) or Jones, who does he take? If he has a choice between Wilson or Jones, who does he take? How about Allen or Jones? You get my point. It is just flat out lazy analysis by guys like Maiocco when they say this crap. No one wants Fields just because he can make plays with his feet, it's also because of how good of a passer he is. 

Yeah and i totally agree with that. But my point is we don't know if Fields his weaknesses are because of the offense he was in or because of the fact he might just be slower at processing information(the guy is legit smart but that doesn't mean he is quick thinking). If Jones can execute inside the structure better than Fields he will be more succesfull even though he doesn't run a 4,4 or has the crazy arm.

And offcourse does he take Watson or Allen but when he gets a choice between Kyler Murray and Matt Ryan who does he choose? Or when he gets to pick between Brady and Watson. Fields ain't Allen or Wilson or Watson. Comparing guys coming out to the best in the NFL currently you always pick those that have proven it. 

• Like 1

Some folks here will love the idea that Bucky Brooks floated on Path to the Draft today. He wasn't predicting this but kind of wondered what if the Ravens trade today was based on the possibility of using all those extra picks to move up to get Fields if he drops. He talked about pursuing a college approach with a QB who sticks around for 4 years then you "graduate" him for a of bunch picks and a lot of money saved. And then you replace him with a younger cheaper guy to take over for another 4 years.