3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny really doesn't care about value at all....I kind of respect his ignorance, I really do lol. 

You know guys like Peters are rolling their guys or are in disgust when he does stuff like this. 

When he's paired with a personnel choosing gm that he respects, he's going to be a beast of a coach

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

When he's paired with a personnel choosing gm that he respects, he's going to be a beast of a coach

Him being a beast of a coach isn't going to change, but he will have more team success.

It's still actually pretty unbelievable how this regime really turned the worst roster to the best roster within three years...Even though many of the moves made little sense lol.

BUT, since he's not going to take Mac and he won't trade up to the first round for a RB, we are A-okay!!!!

Trey Lance

Dyami Brown

Talk it into existence!!!!

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You know guys like Peters are rolling their guys or are in disgust when he does stuff like this. 

I was thinking about him last night. Imagine being a guy looked at as a potential GM candidate, getting a promotion to stay, and then getting completed over ridden by a HC to trade up a ton of future assets to take a QB who will never be a top 5 QB in the NFL. 

I guess he could just explain it away in interviews "I wanted so and so but you need to work with the guys in the building and my job is to get players the coaches want to coach" but damn. Thats still some weak sauce 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, Kyle is going to make the next team he works for super happy. He wont have personnel control and will actually stick to what he does best. 

This is what Browns fans felt like watching BB become a HOF coach in NE. 

We are the new browns. Im trying really hard not to let that sink in

17 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Yea, I've completely given in. My plan for next week is to go to work, not do my job, and watch nothing but pro Mac Jones things to get me to feel better about it. Others should do the same.(maybe not neglecting their job though)

One of the concerning things to me either way is, if it is Jones, the niners have a titanic size leak somewhere.

I'll never get behind Jones as a #3 overall pick until he's holding a Lombardi trophy at the end of a season.

And my confidence in this regime, including Shanny will be shattered beyond repair. He'll probably be much better in his second stint as a HC somewhere. But I feel like going with Jones will ultimately cost him his job when it's all said and done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I was thinking about him last night. Imagine being a guy looked at as a potential GM candidate, getting a promotion to stay, and then getting completed over ridden by a HC to trade up a ton of future assets to take a QB who will never be a top 5 QB in the NFL. 

I guess he could just explain it away in interviews "I wanted so and so but you need to work with the guys in the building and my job is to get players the coaches want to coach" but damn. Thats still some weak sauce 

Yeah, Kyle is going to make the next team he works for super happy. He wont have personnel control and will actually stick to what he does best. 

This is what Browns fans felt like watching BB become a HOF coach in NE. 

We are the new browns. Im trying really hard not to let that sink in

Lol, don't worry, Shanny isn't going anywhere. Even if the pick is Jones, the team is going to still have a lot of high level talent and will be good. They will get out of Jimmy's contract and try to stack the roster like it was in 2019. But being good isn't really the issue, it's going out and getting a QB that will be a LEGITIMATE franchise level QB for years to come and will keep the team afloat even when the talent dwindles. If we go Jones, then I hope in five years we do the same exact thing and trade up for another QB and don't give him a second deal. Time to play money ball with these QBs and never commit until getting THAT dude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

That play was a perfect example of what I mean.

I don't think I could have selected a better video to illustrate how Jones succeeds, gaining so many YAC with simple straight line routes and perfect passes in full flight.  Not a single juke before or after the catch.

3 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I don't think I could have selected a better video to illustrate how Jones succeeds, gaining so many YAC with simple straight line routes and perfect passes in full flight.  Not a single juke before or after the catch.

He should go first overall. He's so good.