3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Why did we leak it tho for a month straight

because its #3 overall and we knew we were getting our guy. No chance the jets or jags take mccorkle, so why keep it a secret?  

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

You are completely correct about Jones' accuracy on short throws.

Right.  Jones is 1st in completion percentage, Fields 3rd.  You could use the fact that Fields is throwing deeper than Jones to argue that Fields is the more accurate. 

However, there is a world of difference in their yardage totals:  1st versus 20th deep, 2nd versus 111th in screens.  Clearly, this is all about Yards After Catch.

What do you suppose makes Jones so good and Fields so poor in yards per game (spectacularly so in screens)?  And, while we're at it, which QB will Shanahan rather have with such a great defense, solid O-Line and a paucity of deep threats?  A Tom Brady machine or a Brett Favre gunslinger?

Listening to barrows...

"The star of this offense isn't the qb. It isn't the running back, or receiver. It's shanahan" 

Ffs. I hate that. I've mentioned that several times in the past, bomani talked about it.... Just hate it so much

3 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Right.  Jones is 1st in completion percentage, Fields 3rd.  You could use the fact that Fields is throwing deeper than Jones to argue that Fields is the more accurate. 

However, there is a world of difference in their yardage totals:  1st versus 20th deep, 2nd versus 111th in screens.  Clearly, this is all about Yards After Catch.

What do you suppose makes Jones so good and Fields so poor in yards per game (spectacularly so in screens)?  And, while we're at it, which QB will Shanahan rather have with such a great defense, solid O-Line and a paucity of deep threats?  A Tom Brady machine or a Brett Favre gunslinger?

Unquestioned GOAT. Should go #1. 

Just now, SoCalNiner said:

Now I understand why we're going to spend 3 1st round picks on him.

S-T-E-A-L

If the chiefs offered mahomes for him once we drafted Mac, I'd look Andy in the eye and say, "NO,SIR!"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

S-T-E-A-L

If the chiefs offered mahomes for him once we drafted Mac, I'd look Andy in the eye and say, "NO,SIR!"

Mahomes is too mobile for us. We wouldn't want any amount of athleticism to ruin Kyle's perfect play calls 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SonsofFenris7 said:

I wouldnt mind that lol Najee would be nice lol

Rumors are that Arizona likes Najee too, so I doubt we will get him, but I wouldn’t mind either of the NC running backs. Carter could possibly last to our 3rd round pick or we could trade up since our pick is at the end of the 3rd. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Listening to barrows...

"The star of this offense isn't the qb. It isn't the running back, or receiver. It's shanahan" 

Ffs. I hate that. I've mentioned that several times in the past, bomani talked about it.... Just hate it so much

This is why you shouldn't buy into the smokescreen. The star of the offense isn't the QB but lets use three 1sts and 3rd on one? Come on now, these guys arent even trying to make sense now. Hence why I at least appreciate what Silver reported since it was different from all of this. 

• Like 1