Jump to content

3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)


Which QB?  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

    • Trey Lance
      13
    • Justin Fields
      48
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
      29
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

    • Yes
      62
    • No
      26

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Per Shanny, Fields will have another session so the decision was made easy to attend Alabama's pro day.

So they will also get to watch Fields throw live later on. 

Just heard that as well. I didn't think that Shanny would be content only watching Mac throw live. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

There's a risk either way for sure. None of these guys are safe and we are watching top 5 QBs wash out at an unprecedented rate currently. Thankfully whomever we draft has Shanny and a good team, which not a lot of those guys have. 

I'm actually starting to think Mac is the guy that they are taking. They kept the roster together because we got to the Super Bowl with it. Jimmy is the starter for this year while the rookie sits. But with his injury history, they need a guy that can come off the bench. I think they believe Mac is that guy. And I get people saying that he is like Jimmy. But he can make all the throws. Which everyone says Jimmy can't.

Also everyone says Jones can't move. His 40 time was a 4.68. That's faster than Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, Smith, and tied with Watsons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Per Shanny, Fields will have another session so the decision was made easy to attend Alabama's pro day.

So they will also get to watch Fields throw live later on. 

Wonder if anyone asked why we didn't attend Lance's pro day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

1. Lance

2. Fields

3. Jones

Not changing my opinion. 

IMO, it's Fields or Jones. I really think it might be Jones. I don't think they gave up a kings ransom to get Lance who is a project.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I'm actually starting to think Mac is the guy that they are taking. They kept the roster together because we got to the Super Bowl with it. Jimmy is the starter for this year while the rookie sits. But with his injury history, they need a guy that can come off the bench. I think they believe Mac is that guy. And I get people saying that he is like Jimmy. But he can make all the throws. Which everyone says Jimmy can't.

Also everyone says Jones can't move. His 40 time was a 4.68. That's faster than Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, Smith, and tied with Watsons.

They didn't get to the super bowl with this roster. They got to the super bowl with a roster that included an all pro corner, an all pro defensive tackle, and a few other key pieces that are no longer here. If they are thinking this way, it's flawed logic. 

Also - the knock as a prospect was not that he couldn't make all the throws. As he developed professionally, that happened (for whatever reason...mental block, natural growth, etc). 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that Lynch mentioned "control" as to one reason they traded up to 3. 

Albert Breer used the same exact term to describe this move up in his MMQB article. 

Besides Schefter, Rappaport, King, Maiocco etc, i'm going to pay attention to Breer as well. Seems to have some good sources in the building

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They didn't get to the super bowl with this roster. They got to the super bowl with a roster that included an all pro corner, an all pro defensive tackle, and a few other key pieces that are no longer here. If they are thinking this way, it's flawed logic. 

Also - the knock as a prospect was not that he couldn't make all the throws. As he developed professionally, that happened (for whatever reason...mental block, natural growth, etc). 

 

Losing Sherman doesn't matter. The D did fine without him last year. Losing Buck hurts for sure, but in all fairness Bosa and Ford missing didn't help. I expect Kinlaw to take a huge step if we have Ford and Bosa back. So the roster would still be almost as good. Either way they are trying to win now. So that eliminates Lance right off the bat for me.

Personally, I believe if Jimmy stays healthy, he will play great. I guess it could go either way at this point. But I'd imagine he is getting tired of hearing his name everyday. If he is injured, we have to rely on the rookie, or Rosen. That's why I am guessing Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrscottso said:

Losing Sherman doesn't matter. The D did fine without him last year. Losing Buck hurts for sure, but in all fairness Bosa and Ford missing didn't help. I expect Kinlaw to take a huge step if we have Ford and Bosa back. So the roster would still be almost as good. Either way they are trying to win now. So that eliminates Lance right off the bat for me.

 

It does matter. Sherman last year is inconsequential. The super bowl team had an all pro richard sherman. You're not trying to replace Sherman from last year, you're replacing an all pro Sherm because that's what we had when we went to the super bowl. 

We still have Jimmy to win now, and I've said it before, I likely keep Jimmy no matter what. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Personally, I believe if Jimmy stays healthy, he will play great. I guess it could go either way at this point. But I'd imagine he is getting tired of hearing his name everyday. If he is injured, we have to rely on the rookie, or Rosen. That's why I am guessing Jones.

This is why I still like keeping Jimmy to start this year. This gives you the chance to have your cake and eat it to. If Jimmy can just stay healthy, he's going to be fine. If he's pretty solid (which he will be) and is healthy, that's going to generate good interest for value. That's the reason I actually don't rule out lance (there are other reasons I'm fading him as the selection, however). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🤩😍

Now THAT is the mentality & attitude a QB should have, starter or scout team. 

I still would have NO problem with him at 3 and I do think someone could have traded up to get him before us or Carolina (12 or 8, respectively). After the trade up? That is no longer possible. 

Wilson, Jones, Fields are my 123 choices for #3. Not likely to change, either. 

Unless as a Scout team QB, he was supposed to emulate a short to intermediate passer to get the defense ready for the next game. Throwing bombs would be a **** move.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...