3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

no dipsy-doodles

The only dipsy-doodle in this thread is you

For those of you wondering how to ignore/mute this bum:

On CPU --> click your user name in the upper right, then click account settings. On the right under "other settings" you can click ignore user

On Mobile --> hit the three horizonal lines --> account--> settings --> ignored users

Bye bye

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree I'm actually surprised he responded and it's whatever but I did not expect that from MM. 

Oh man, he teed you up for a great clap back. You could have really stuck it to him there. 

A simple "do you?" would have been good. Better yet - "did they have the same knowledge, information, and access in 2017 when the passed on 2 of the 5 best QBs in the league? For solomon Thomas of all people?" 

I am really sick of these media people talking down to the fans. **** off. You make money based on our clicks and views. Treat us with respect. I get that twitter is a cesspool, but sheeesh. Football fans know football. Not all of us, but there is a growing number of intelligent football fans who have more access to information than ever before. 

Ive been following the draft super closely since 2007. This is draft #14 for me. I am not right all the time, and I know maybe 10% of what some people on this website know, but there are times that the answer seems so obvious and teams completely **** it up. These guys arent unflappable. We know the draft is hard, and that even good picks dont always hit, but give me a break.

Edited by N4L
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Mm was a punk with that response @49erurtaza. Your question was valid. I'm seriously kind of pissed at him for that crap

This is kind of related to Javier Vega with his tweets about Stafford and the recent article in The Athletic about him. They're both complaining about the vitriol they receive on Twitter & Instagram. And i completely understand. I'm sure they've gotten some really hateful comments and those are uncalled for. Those people doing that need to take a step back and relax. Its not that serious at the end of the day. 

But it just kind of glosses over the fact that Vega acted like he had inside info, and he was wrong. And that Maiocco is acting like his analysis is great, while quite frankly it just hasnt been this entire offseason.  He also admitted in his Schefter podcast that he hasn't had inside info for the last decade either. 

It feels like the legitimate criticism gets lumped in with the crazies. Like, Vega was wrong point blank about Stafford. Maiocco may be right about the pick but his reasoning is awful, unlike someone like Silver or Beck, who could at least articulate the traits we like about Jones. Why does rational criticism get lumped in with the crazies? 

Shsss lol things are going to get bad quickly if we draft Mac. Man how different two worlds that are infront of us.

We will ether praise Kyle for drafting Fields and Lance (maybe some will question but he is in the mix).

Then we have Mac where most are going to look at Kyle as a moron. Not able to adjust and change/ go for it. 

Our lives will be so different lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I know, right?  Two players with similar completion percentages, one a longer thrower, yet the other has far more yardage.  Gotta be YAC.  And what causes YAC?  Hitting receivers in flight.  So, we go to the tape and, sure enough, we see one guy throwing to stationary targets (or worse, leading the receiver into a waiting defender), the other hitting receivers on the run (i.e. low risk, high reward) toward the end zone.  No dekes, no dipsy-doodles, no stretching to the limits of their catch radius, no OBJ style one-handed grabs, just catch an undroppable ball en route to the house.  WTP?

There's no way this isn't mac jones burner account right? 

• Like 1

I am curious if Kyle actually likes Zach Wilson. if he has a higher grade on Fields and Mac then Wilson. And they are only went up for Fields and made a massive gamble to get him. They will Draft Mac at 3 if Fields is gone over wilson. Idk I'm just trying to figure out how any of this makes any sense if they don't draft Mac.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I am curious if Kyle actually likes Zach Wilson. if he has a higher grade on Fields and Mac then Wilson. And they are only went up for Fields and made a massive gamble to get him. They will Draft Mac at 3 if Fields is gone over wilson. Idk I'm just trying to figure out how any of this makes any sense if they don't draft Mac.

We've pretty much theorized this to death 

One of these theories is gona be right...but we won't know until April 29  roughly 8:30 PM EST/5:30 PM PST 

I for one am sick of all this speculation & guesswork 

31 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This is my working theory as well. It makes perfect sense. 

Well, I dont think Mac would get picked over wilson, but I think its more likely to be fields, wilson, mac than it is to be wilson, mac, fields. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I am starting to believe the narrative that where there is smoke there is fire. I do believe that all of this mac talk is coming from somewhere. I don't think it is being completely fabricated.

So it could go one of two ways:

1) The smoke is a smoke screen - We have fields/lance higher than we have wilson and dont want the jets to change their mind

4 hours ago, N4L said:

The only dipsy-doodle in this thread is you

For those of you wondering how to ignore/mute this bum:

On CPU --> click your user name in the upper right, then click account settings. On the right under "other settings" you can click ignore user

On Mobile --> hit the three horizonal lines --> account--> settings --> ignored users

Bye bye

Thanks, I was wondering if that was possible on here

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I am curious if Kyle actually likes Zach Wilson. if he has a higher grade on Fields and Mac then Wilson.

Justin Fields is slightly better than Zach Wilson in completion rate (3rd vs 6th) and QBR (2nd vs 4th) but worse in every other category, especially ADoT, interceptibles, deep and screen yardages, drop and sack rates, and delivery times.

Aside from one guy having a bad supporting cast and the other having elite talent at every position around him, whats the difference between Mac Jones and Josh Rosen? Looking back, the scouting reports are hilariously similar.. down to 

"former tennis player with exceptional footwork"

"Polished/NFL ready/Day 1 starter"

"Strong play recall, high football IQ"

"Good vision, strong in the pocket"

Etc etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Aside from one guy having a bad supporting cast and the other having elite talent at every position around him, whats the difference between Mac Jones and Josh Rosen? Looking back, the scouting reports are hilariously similar.. down to 

"former tennis player with exceptional footwork"

"Polished/NFL ready/Day 1 starter"

"Strong play recall, high football IQ"

"Good vision, strong in the pocket"

Etc etc

Lol, I had the same thought yesterday when the tennis stuff was making the rounds.