3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Things like this are just people over analyzing the situation. It doesn't take either of those things. It simply takes Kyle liking Mac more. That's it. He doesn't have to be right (thus he wouldn't be a visionary), he just has to prefer it

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Things like this are just people over analyzing the situation. It doesn't take either of those things. It simply takes Kyle liking Mac more. That's it. He doesn't have to be right (thus he wouldn't be a visionary), he just has to prefer it

Your avi is gross lol

• Like 2

I don't get the outrage if Mac is the pick at 3 but not so if Lance is. I get his huge upside but from the bigger picture they both have their own risks and why half the boards seem to have one at 4 and the other at the 5 QB ranking. Personally I think they're both reaches at 3 and both would be there if we wanted to initially trade into the 6-8 range. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd tend to trust the agents here more so than competing nfl front office

Same, agents usually know before anyone else....But it should be pointed out that the agents Barrows talked to believe it is Fields.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That is one hell of a hedge by Ben

Because this is one where no one truly knows what is going on. 

1 minute ago, the-catch said:

I don't get the outrage if Mac is the pick at 3 but not so if Lance is. I get his huge upside but from the bigger picture they both have their own risks and why half the boards seem to have one at 4 and the other at the 5 QB ranking. Personally I think they're both reaches at 3 and both would be there if we wanted to initially trade into the 6-8 range. 

Lance can be an mvp. Mac Jones will likely never be better than the worst qb in the division as it stands to me

That being said, anyone should readily admit that Lance is a scary projection.

It's two things you shouldn't be gunning for in the top 3: limited ceiling or raw. But if I have to pick one of those, I'll take the ceiling given I don't think Mac is safe in the least

See, this is what I like! I may not agree with the team thinking Jones is game-changing, but tell me these types of things! Tell me what he does great that you think he can be THE guy....Instead of telling me Shanahan is the star of the offense and he doesn't need a good QB or how Shanahan doesn't need a talented QB.

Again, I, like everyone else can disagree with the analysis of Jones being a game-changer or a talented QB. That happens every single draft. But just don't tell me the man traded up three first rounders for someone who he just wants to "run his offense" and not "divert from the play call." Silver has provided the best stuff along with Orlovsky compared to others who repeat the same BS over and over. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

See, this is what I like! I may not agree with the team thinking Jones is game-changing, but tell me these types of things! Tell me what he does great that you think he can be THE guy....Instead of telling me Shanahan is the star of the offense and he doesn't need a good QB or how Shanahan doesn't need a talented QB.

Again, I, like everyone else can disagree with the analysis of Jones being a game-changer or a talented QB. That happens every single draft. But just don't tell me the man traded up three first rounders for someone who he just wants to "run his offense" and not "divert from the play call." Silver has provided the best stuff along with Orlovsky compared to others who repeat the same BS over and over. 

It is hilarious to hear him say that while Ben simultaneously says if we don't take him 3, he doesn't go top ten. 

54 minutes ago, the-catch said:

You and your wife go to buy a car at a car lot where you are forced to buy one. The cost on every car in the lot is 50k. There are Porsches, Ferraris, Mercedes AMG, and Plymouth Voyagers. All your friends have fun fast cars to drive and you want to drive one too.

But your wife picks the voyager and even though you will never be able to afford one of the Porsches or Ferraris ever again and you can get a dodge caravan down the street next week your wife insists on the minivan. How happy would you be.

• Like 2