3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh it's happening! Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. You guy Fields is going to start getting some major love soon. The silence isn't fooling me! 

I just feel like if they went all this way to push the Mac narrative this far they are going to continue it. But I'm hoping your right I'd love to just talk Fields all week. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh it's happening! Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. You guy Fields is going to start getting some major love soon. The silence isn't fooling me! 

Nah, but it'll still be fields or Lance

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Idk, if there's even a small chance the Jets take Fields, then the FO should remain silent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think all of the fields chatter happened after the second proday. I dont think we are going to hear anything new from anyone over the next few days. The tide shifted a few weeks ago, and then shifted back. 

Unique situation with both picks 1 and 2 being set in stone. We are getting #1 overall hype from the general media. No one is talking about #1 or #2 anymore. 

We obviously dont want to tip our hand to the jets. We dont want them to change their minds. I heard today on the radio that Wilson has been calling former NYJ QBs to get advice about how to play in that market. It honestly sounds like that is about as close to a done deal as it could be.

I am with @49erurtaza that kyle wilson is rated lower than fields (or whomever we are targeting). I think we want the Jets to stick with wilson. 

In most years I think a lot of the actual leaks that would happen a few days before the draft would coming from agents. They leak that team X is interested in their client, and it signals to other teams that they need to trade up in front of that team if they want the guy. So all that does is drive up their draft position, which means a bigger contract from them to take a % of. 

This is a very unique situation in the fact that we are undoubtedly fields/lance/jones' preferred destination. None of those guy's agents would probably want them to go to the Jets. Especially Justin Fields. No chance fields would rather be in NYJ rather than SF. So I would imagine the fields camp would do everything within their power to keep things as quiet as possible until the pick could become official. 

I think the media will continue to parrot each other about Mac Jones. I have no issues with it. I am choosing to ignore the noise and just look simply at the players and how they would fit here and within the NFL of the future. To me, its clear that fields is undoubtedly the best chance at having an all pro level QB. He has the best arm talent.

ITS JUSTIN FIELDS

8 hours ago, Forge said:

He's probably the most reviled pick in niner history. People will need to reset once he's drafted. Hate the pick, root for the player. It'll take a minute for sure. I know I'm going to say some things lol, but let it out and turn the page

I think there will be massive ramifications of a Mac pick personally. You've alluded to the stuff in Twitter and compound the stuff from Kaep rightly or wrongly.

Most former players have come out and said that Fields is the best player. The niners organization will be branded and lose sponsors and who knows what other political and economic results because of this one pick. 

I don't believe it is only niner fans that just have to get over it, there will be other consequences imo.

45 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I think there will be massive ramifications of a Mac pick personally. You've alluded to the stuff in Twitter and compound the stuff from Kaep rightly or wrongly.

Most former players have come out and said that Fields is the best player. The niners organization will be branded and lose sponsors and who knows what other political and economic results because of this one pick. 

I don't believe it is only niner fans that just have to get over it, there will be other consequences imo.

They're not gonna lose sponsorships or be called racists over something as subjective as a draft pick. Its preference at the end of the day. There are enough Mac supporters in and around the league that this should be faaaaaaaaaar removed from even entertaining that line of thought. Nothing wrong with valuing some tratits over others. Might make your stint as a HC shorter than you would like. But it should definitely NOT lump him into that category of ppl.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

They're not gonna lose sponsorships or be called racists over something as subjective as a draft pick. Its preference at the end of the day. There are enough Mac supporters in and around the league that this should be faaaaaaaaaar removed from even entertaining that line of thought. Nothing wrong with valuing some tratits over others. Might make your stint as a HC shorter than you would like. But it should definitely NOT lump him into that category of ppl.

Forge has said its already happening and the pick hasn't even been made yet. Football people will understand subjective draft picks, I guarantee it spills over into nonfootball people.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

Forge has said its already happening and the pick hasn't even been made yet. Football people will understand subjective draft picks, I guarantee it spills over into nonfootball people.

The year of scrubbed twitter posts in an election year along with the "nobama" pic probably have something to do with that though.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Nfl media is just mocking the hell out of the niners and their fan base because of this pick lol

So what? Mock us for the trade if they will. Mocking us for a pick we haven't even made is just trolling