3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jimmy Gs TO worthy play in throws over 2.5 seconds = 4.5%

Mac Jones TO worth play in throws over 2.5 seconds = 4.3%

These are the kinds of stats I like to see! But it make sense because if you watch Mac play. He is very good pre-snap and pretty much already knows where to go and on situations where he has to make a quick decision depending on how the coverage is, he can do that very well. If the play is completely bottled up by the defense though, then he's not going to make anything happen on his own.....So while Kyle is rightfully confident in his ability, why would he want a QB that is going to be dependent purely on him calling the right play every single time?

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is only if you don't think Kyle can adapt and change his opinion on certain things....I brought up going after three totally different WRs from Pettis after that experiment failed. If he isn't able to adapt, then it is true, he's simply not as good as we thought he was and he likely continues to fall just short, despite his brilliance as a play caller. 

We all bring up Shanny passing up on Mahomes/Watson in year one....Here's my question to you and one that I don't think anyone has brought up yet.....If Mac Jones was coming out in 2017, would we still go with Thomas or would he have taken Jones? 

And I keep hearing all these guys say Kyle wants a fast processor and accurate QB etc....But isn't he also on record saying they would have looked at Josh Allen closely had they not made the trade for Jimmy at the end of 2017? Forget his comments after the Bills game, but he did say something about that, correct? Or am I just mis-remembering things? 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We all bring up Shanny passing up on Mahomes/Watson in year one....Here's my question to you and one that I don't think anyone has brought up yet.....If Mac Jones was coming out in 2017, would we still go with Thomas or would he have taken Jones? 

And I keep hearing all these guys say Kyle wants a fast processor and accurate QB etc....But isn't he also on record saying they would have looked at Josh Allen closely had they not made the trade for Jimmy at the end of 2017? Forget his comments after the Bills game, but he did say something about that, correct? Or am I just mis-remembering things? 

I don’t think we take Mac. I think Shanny was all in on Cousins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He said something to that affect, but means nothing to me. I don't believe a word from shanny. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don’t think we take Mac. I think Shanny was all in on Cousins.

But Jones is like Cousins, so you SURE he wouldn't take him? Let's be real, neither Watson nor Mahomes are the types of QBs he's had for majority of his career. So maybe it was easy passing on them or even truly evaluating them since they weren't what he was looking for at that time. Jones though? He fits the mold though….. To a tee.

And I don't know if Lynch was just blowing smoke, but he did say the Bears made the right choice with Trubisky as he was their #1 rated QB as well lol. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

That does make sense they just pick best player.

2018 the #1 and #3 overall picks were QBs, last year the #1 and #3 overall picks were QBs, in 2014 the #3 pick was a QB…. And then in 2015 and 2016 the #1 and #2 overall picks were QBs. 

#4 overall is always the non-QB spot lol. Seriously, I can't recall the last #4 overall pick that was a QB. 

36 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Problem with taking Mac is if Fields or Lance become stars Kyle will always be stuck as the guy who picked Mac over them. Again this pick is huge on Kyle career for a guy I'd assume he thinks he's headed towards greatness as a coach. 

And if Mac becomes a star he’ll be the guy that passed on Mac. Regardless he’s gotta go with who he thinks is the star. The fact most people on here don’t agree with who we assume Kyle thinks, doesn’t mean he changes his thinking. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Problem with taking Mac is if Fields or Lance become stars Kyle will always be stuck as the guy who picked Mac over them. Again this pick is huge on Kyle career for a guy I'd assume he thinks he's headed towards greatness as a coach. 

If it turns out that we take Mac and he’s just good while Fields and/or Lance are stars, lynch’s and shanahan’s legacy will be forever tarnished. 

They will be forever known as the guys who passed up Watson, Mahomes, Fields, and Lance for Solomon Thomas and Mac Jones. 

regardless of their mid and late round hits in the draft and for turning this franchise around in a short amount of time, they will only be known for their huge misses if Lance and Fields turn into stars and Mac doesn’t. 

11 minutes ago, straighthate said:

And if Mac becomes a star he’ll be the guy that passed on Mac. Regardless he’s gotta go with who he thinks is the star. The fact most people on here don’t agree with who we assume Kyle thinks, doesn’t mean he changes his thinking. 

Yeah if Mac can turn into Tom Brady he will be a star lol I just don't project that even with Kyle.

The Mahomes and Watson comments get old go me. No one thought they’d be who they were or pretty much everyone would have moved up to get them well before 10 and 12. Maybe 11 other teams had insight from the interviews that Watson enjoyed rub n tugs a little too much, who knows. Fact is there’s always misses. Joe Montana in the third and Brady in the 6th are the best two QBs in history. So all the talk on Shanny would be the idiot if he misses, everybody misses on the best QBs. He’s gotta take who he thinks will have the best career, biggest impact in his offense, etc, and if he likes ANY of them he better not be wrong because he gave up 3 picks for that player (which is why I didn’t like the trade).

But everyone’s talking in absolutes about Shanny being an idiot for passing on Fields and Lance for Mac and none of them have played a snap, we don’t know what research they’re working through, and we haven’t even made the damn pick yet, or heard why they make that pick when it came down to it. 

• Like 1