3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

So does anyone think the reports that Lynch and Adams are trying to convince Kyle to take Lance instead of Mac is true. I'm starting to think it is. 

There was a tweet posted here the other day saying someone close to Shanny blurted out that Shanny loves Lance at some event. Tough to say what you can believe with all the swirl around our pick.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

So does anyone think the reports that Lynch and Adams are trying to convince Kyle to take Lance instead of Mac is true. I'm starting to think it is. 

If Kyle is set on Mac I would hope so

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Everyone knows Kyle is making the decision.

I've said it's going to be Lance but it's clear former FO folks and other teams don't think Fields has much of a chance to be picked here. 

Ian has constantly been the plug for Niners news all offseason but he was wrong about Jimmy being the guy and the team being happy about him. 

Still have Fields with the second best chance of being selected. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol I'm going to laugh if we take Fields. 

I told Chris this and I think it's more true now a week later where it will be a sigh of relief for me (for either Fields or lance). The past two weeks or however long it's been since the trade has been have been too much.

So here is something interesting, and don’t take this as me wanting to draft Jones, but look up Jones testing numbers in comparison to Herbert. Outside of the size difference and the arm strength their numbers are pretty damn similar; granted all of Jones’ numbers were pro day numbers which are generally a bit more generous.

17 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Maybe i'm wrong, but it feels like Fields is the perfect compromise between Lance & Fields? Elite processor (lol), faced tough competition but also mobile & strong arm 

It feels like the criticism on him is nitpicky

I know you meant Fields and Jones, but I agree competely

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

So here is something interesting, and don’t take this as me wanting to draft Jones, but look up Jones testing numbers in comparison to Herbert. Outside of the size difference and the arm strength their numbers are pretty damn similar; granted all of Jones’ numbers were pro day numbers which are generally a bit more generous.

Mac is Matt Stafford. I swear. In terms of athleticism and movement. Right down to the chubbiness lol

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

The difference in arm strength is pretty big though. If Mac had a good NFL arm, I'd be a little more accepting of him. I just wish some of his passes had more velocity.

I find this fascinating now. You either believe what ShanaLynch has said about Jimmy, what they want in QBs, Josh Allen, copying from the Alex/Mahomes situation or you don't.

You believe them? - Lance

You don't? - Mac