3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, GW21 said:

I think there has got to be something else going on. I don't know why a person would fly across country to talk to someone that works in the same area in person when they could do a zoom or something. 

I think it's probably like 6 different things 

They wanted some face to face time with the pats and also wanted to keep the mccorkle smoke screen going. 

They probably don't feel a need to talk to anyone at alabama because (like my first post in this thread says) they don't trust anyone down there after the Ruben foster debacle. So it made no sense to stay 

They probably want to meet with the coaches etc of OSU as justone2 said above. 

Maybe they wanted to meet with fields agent in person. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly not an easy throw to hit the ceiling that far. But no doubt Fields looked more impressive(mostly expected). Even though i think Fields over and underthrew some of his passes the big ones no doubt are something Jones can only dream off.

Fields sailed a number of passes even though they ended up being catchable. Something to monitor. Most people know I've long yelled at Jimmy for doing that in the intermediate / over the middle areas of the field. So dangerous 

Just now, Forge said:

Fields sailed a number of passes even though they ended up being catchable. Something to monitor. Most people know I've long yelled at Jimmy for doing that in the intermediate / over the middle areas of the field. So dangerous 

Some sideline passes too where he just threw it OOB. And then some deep passes where he underthrows it. Both dangerous to do alltough a underthrown deep ball can easily turn in a DPI. Have to say most of those overthrows where mostly arm throws which is impressive but also dangerous because using your whole body will always be more consistent.

Just now, Forge said:

Lol that seems like a wondefully trollish type of post from them. I don't know if it was meant like that, but if it was they did a great job 

Haha right? I love it. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol that seems like a wondefully trollish type of post from them. I don't know if it was meant like that, but if it was they did a great job 

I have a feeling it landed exactly as intended. They know the state of 49ers' twitter and are fully playing right into it.

But make no mistake, if Fields isn't the pick, this tweet right here will be brought up again in a very negative way.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I have a feeling it landed exactly as intended. They know the state of 49ers' twitter and are fully playing right into it.

But make no mistake, if Fields isn't the pick, this tweet right here will be brought up again in a very negative way.

Andy Dalton QB1

• Like 1

so I have been watching some fields film, one thing that I noticed.  He is good at dodging 1 passrusher, he has a good shake move and he will look to throw.  If there is more than one rusher who breaks through the line he only runs, it might be what you guys are going with process speed.  To me it feels like once he takes his eyes off the field he almost doesnt trust his eyes to pick up all the defenders.

just something that I have noticed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He doesn't do that on tape though. That's the one thing I was impressed with the most in terms of watching him from the pocket. His passes between the hashes and out breaking routes, towards the sideline were accurate af and on a rope, more often than not. Things I could never say about Jimmy.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

He doesn't do that on tape though. That's the one thing I was impressed with the most in terms of watching him from the pocket. His passes between the hashes and out breaking routes, towards the sideline were accurate af and on a rope, more often than not. Things I could never say about Jimmy.

On tape, it's just gorgeous. It's even more gorgeous in the data. For all of the ball placement tracking places I've found, he was the most consistently accurate quarterback to all fields (with each throw's accuracy weighted by degree of difficulty) that they've ever tracked. Some guys can throw deep balls better. Some guys were better on the short stuff. But if you just layer everything together, he's an outlier. There are some legitimate concerns on tape. But that right there - throwing just about every kind of throw imaginable incredibly accurately - is going to be immensely valuable. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JIllg said:

On tape, it's just gorgeous. It's even more gorgeous in the data. For all of the ball placement tracking places I've found, he was the most consistently accurate quarterback to all fields (with each throw's accuracy weighted by degree of difficulty) that they've ever tracked. Some guys can throw deep balls better. Some guys were better on the short stuff. But if you just layer everything together, he's an outlier. There are some legitimate concerns on tape. But that right there - throwing just about every kind of throw imaginable incredibly accurately - is going to be immensely valuable. 

This, if wilson does not fall I want Fields.  There are a couple concerns, I think he will need a cleaner pocket to preform well throwing the ball.  There is no throw that he does not make, his deep sideline passes that he lets his receiver run under in stride is a thing of beauty.

45 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'm excited to have a QB that will make throws that will just make DCs shake their heads. As in, this guy can pinpoint any part of the field and make an absurd throw to a guy who is covered up. 

Accuracy is always the #1 thing I look for. It's typically a derivative of footwork and mechanics. This kid has that in spades to go along with unreal athleticism. He has good pocket presence. He has toughness. He is a competitor. 

He's the guy we traded up for. I have less and less doubt everyday.