3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

7 hours ago, GermanSFFan said:

It will be very likely Mac Jones! GM and Head Coach did not visit Trey Lances Pro day nor Justin Fields Pro Day. As both said: they feel very well with THREE Quarterbacks. And which Pro Days did both visit? Right... Zach Wilson and Mac Jones! 

Maybe there is a little chance to get Zach Wilson. I can imagine that they had contact with Saleh during Zach Wilsons Pro Day. Maybe he told who they want to draft. It is at least curious that just a few hours after the Pro Day of Zach Wilson the trade of the picks was fixed with Miami...

I can imagine that the surprising athletic results of Mac Jones maybe lead to this move! Plus the excellent completion percentage in college which is very close to the stats by Joe Burrow! I like Mac Jones and from my perspective it is an understandable move.

Do you go all-in for a guy who played just 18 games in FCS? Don‘t misunderstand it, please - I like Lance! But I can‘t imagine such a move for him! And I also don‘t see this worth for Justin Field as well.

So I give the following chances:

90% Mac Jones - 7% Zach Wilson - 2% Justin Fields - 1% Trey Lance.

Welcome to the forum! 

Welcome To The Team GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

The evals on Fields are all over the place. Some love him, but then you have guys like Chris Simms, Greg Cosell who don't really like him. Gil Brandt had a tweet the other day that some teams have him as a top 5 pick, others as a 4th rounder...

That being said, i do think we are the best situation for any rookie. You step into a team with a good running game, great weapons, a good offensive mind, and a solid overall team. Its going to be hard to not succeed

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

The evals on Fields are all over the place. Some love him, but then you have guys like Chris Simms, Greg Cosell who don't really like him. Gil Brandt had a tweet the other day that some teams have him as a top 5 pick, others as a 4th rounder...

That being said, i do think we are the best situation for any rookie. You step into a team with a good running game, great weapons, a good offensive mind, and a solid overall team. Its going to be hard to not succeed

I think the situation is one of the biggest things. Would Mahomes still be an MVP on the Jets? Does Aaron Rodgers still have the same career on that 2005 49er squad? That's one of the reasons that I'm too worried about who we pick, Shanny should be able to make it work with any of the top prospects. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Looks like that Shanahan boot is back on the menu boys. 

About an hour earlier than Fields made this throw Jones tried the same throw at his pro day. Rolled left, let it rip from his 30 ... and the ball landed around the 25 yard line, well short of the receiver going deep. Same thing with a cross field deep out. Jones completed the throw but there was so much air under the ball it looked like a high school QB throwing a deep go route. Fields' same throw was a frozen rope. It's not that there is a difference in their arm strength. It's that there is a huge difference. Not even remotely close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm seriously going to bounce back and forth between Lance and Fields being the pick every day (though I shall remain steadfast in my hope that it's Fields) . But today I feel like it could be Lance lol 

Don't change your pick!!! Just stick with it! 

18 hours ago, Dutch said:

Sorry Rudy. I'm a teacher, so colors are my jam to get ideas across quickly. To make it up to you, I'll teach my culinary class the fine intricacies of the squeekiest of poutine. Gourmand gravy!!!

Film it. Youtube it. Send me the link. And the recipe. And if you're an actual Dutch, I'll go get a taste in person the next time I travel in the area.

Just now, rudyZ said:

Film it. Youtube it. Send me the link. And the recipe. And if you're an actual Dutch, I'll go get a taste in person the next time I travel in the area.

Sir, we do not allow threats on this board.